Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Can you replace soldering tabs on motor. >

Can you replace soldering tabs on motor.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you replace soldering tabs on motor.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 08:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Can you replace soldering tabs on motor.

Hi guys. I'm newish to the hobby and I bought a shitty soldering iron which doesn't get hot enough so I couldn't desolder the wires off my old motor. While I was trying to cut the old wire our one of the tabs broke. It's a hobbywing xerun V10 G2. I was wondering if those tabs can be replaced, and if they can, where could I get them from. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 06-09-2021, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I don’t think Hobbywing sells sells motor solder tabs directly.. Call up hobbywing, often times they would rather rework it but may sell you a solder tab ring.. they are not for the faint of soldering, requires alot more heat than soldering just wires to the tab.
Old 06-09-2021, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Ive repaired solder tabs years ago. went to local hardware store purchased brass sheet cut to size then used a old school manual solder iron with silver solder. a 3rd hand tool with aluminum solder tool . it took some work but was a decent job lasted many years on a tekin redline motor 337 I think.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Yes, when you replace the Stator, new tabs will be included, not sure if HobbyWing sells replacement stators but most race grade brands do, I would contact them directly here to see if they can sell you a replacement stator:
https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/pages/rma

Here's an example for reference on how to replace a stator for a Trinity motor, I don't believe these are compatible with HW, just to give you an idea of pricing for stators:
https://www.teamtrinity.com/Kill-Sho...tor_p_432.html