• 1 Post By waitwhat

13.5 team trinity x factor

Old 07-28-2020, 01:57 PM
wfo
Tech Regular

Location: SO. CAL. Thunder alley, revelation raceway The Dirt -Perris RIP OCRC
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 13.5 team trinity x factor

I just got the 13.5 and the timing is set at 50 deg is this okay to set and run it in my tLR 22x-4? I don’t have a motor analyzer, so I’m not even sure what it’s pulling, just curious as to why they co set at 50 too thanks again..
Old 07-28-2020, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The motor is set from the factory, don't make an adjustment until you drive the car. Follow the 13.5 gearing recommendation in the manual. Run the car for a few minutes and check temps. If the motor isn't hot keep running for a few more minutes and check the temps again.
Bry195 likes this.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

I have purchased a couple from Rotor Ron, as he tunes them. Always fast motors from Ron. But the other day, someone purchased a "Team Spec" one of these, and he sure seemed to at least as fast, if not faster than I was. Now mine is older, and I've ran the crap out of it. There is also gearing, battery resistance, and holding speed through corners. My only issue with this motor, is I have stripped out the screws in one. They did warranty it, as it was brand new. Another one I fried when I accidentally plugged my Maclan Pro speed control in backwards. Yep, friend a $220 speed control and a $160 motor. Now I purchase the HW Pro speed controls, as they can survive being plugged in backwards. Note, I race a lot, and run these in 4wd Buggy and 2wd SCT.
Old 07-29-2020, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sea1swk
I have purchased a couple from Rotor Ron, as he tunes them. Always fast motors from Ron. But the other day, someone purchased a "Team Spec" one of these, and he sure seemed to at least as fast, if not faster than I was. Now mine is older, and I've ran the crap out of it. There is also gearing, battery resistance, and holding speed through corners. My only issue with this motor, is I have stripped out the screws in one. They did warranty it, as it was brand new. Another one I fried when I accidentally plugged my Maclan Pro speed control in backwards. Yep, friend a $220 speed control and a $160 motor. Now I purchase the HW Pro speed controls, as they can survive being plugged in backwards. Note, I race a lot, and run these in 4wd Buggy and 2wd SCT.
I I can't help but think that the day will come fairly soon when all top-of-the-line ESC's will be protected for reverse polarity. I know it can't get here soon enough. Whenever it does we'll look back at the present day ESC's the way we now look back at radios with removable crystals or needing a transmitter for each car
Old 07-29-2020, 08:22 PM
wfo
Tech Regular

Location: SO. CAL. Thunder alley, revelation raceway The Dirt -Perris RIP OCRC
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

sounds good ,thanks again..
Old 07-30-2020, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

it seems like a fuse would solve reverse polarity issues.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bry195
it seems like a fuse would solve reverse polarity issues.
I'd be fine with that or maybe a breaker that trips and just needs a reset. Anything besides a total loss of expensive electronics
Old 08-04-2020, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Milkdudd
I'd be fine with that or maybe a breaker that trips and just needs a reset. Anything besides a total loss of expensive electronics
I just finished setting up an RC-10 Classic re-release with an original Novak 1 esc, forgot we used to run the blade fuses on the positive lead to handle accidental reversed polarity. I know many of us stopped using it because the increased resistance and decreased efficiency made it too hard to finish a 4 minute main with SCR's....the good old days!
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread