Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Power Supply Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks, love those setups! I'll be doing something similar.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
I just wanted to verify that the extra connecters were for additional charge units. I have seen many people over the years use power supplies yet do not recall seeing multiple charge units connected to 1 supply unit (so it didn't seem obvious to me). I also didn't want to assume the power supply could support multiple charge units and pay $100 for an additional charge unit only to have it not work or to ruin my power supply. Sorry it seems so obvious to you. I didn't think there would be anything wrong w/ asking a simple question. I have had my question answered, thank you to those who were helpful.

For those who seem really bothered with my question I will gladly leave this thread. Feel free to argue amongst yourselves about the integrity and simplicity of my question.
I’ve only recently started seeing these being a used. Been fortunate to have always had power available. At least you figured out how to ask the question. I’ve be wondering about them. Especially since I struggle with the wattage thing that I see I should have already learned by now.
eR1c likes this.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

It’s not just wattage. You also have to keep on mine you only have 12 volts and 75amps and 900 watts to work with. The icharger x6 only has a 35 amp input limit. 35 amps times 12 volts give you 420 watts of max power for the charger. So at max power one icharger x6 will consume 420 watts and 35amps of power from your 12 volt power supply. This is the reason why this charger cannot charge a 4s or 6s batter at close to 30 amps is because a 12 volt power supply does not supply enough voltage.
eR1c likes this.