hobbywing heatsink

Old 07-04-2020, 07:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Default hobbywing heatsink

hello just purchased this pre-owend and the heatsink was not attached. Is the heatsink attached to this esc with just double sided tape? If so which is the best to use?
Old 07-04-2020, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

In the manual and on the product page there is nothing about an heatsink and fan, I suppose that does not belong to it.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
In the manual and on the product page there is nothing about an heatsink and fan, I suppose that does not belong to it.
Thank you appreciate the help
Old 07-04-2020, 08:18 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ive never needed or used one on that esc. It never got hot enough even in texas heat. They just dont run hot so i wouldnt worry about getting it on. If you really want to put it on you would need computer thermal tape. Servo tape doesnt conduct heat and would in effect trap heat in it.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ominex View Post
Ive never needed or used one on that esc. It never got hot enough even in texas heat. They just dont run hot so i wouldnt worry about getting it on. If you really want to put it on you would need computer thermal tape. Servo tape doesnt conduct heat and would in effect trap heat in it.
thank you for the information, if I dont have to use it I won't. One more quick question I'm trying to program the esc, I followed the instructions, i hold the set button and turn the esc on, it blinks red and beeps, i continue holding the set but never get the green llght to blink, im trying to set the forward brake and reverse, right now it set to just forward and brake.
also want to make sure lipo cut off is active
Thank you
Old 07-04-2020, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dmgp1 View Post
thank you for the information, if I dont have to use it I won't. One more quick question I'm trying to program the esc, I followed the instructions, i hold the set button and turn the esc on, it blinks red and beeps, i continue holding the set but never get the green llght to blink, im trying to set the forward brake and reverse, right now it set to just forward and brake.
also want to make sure lipo cut off is active
Thank you
Once it is blinking you have to let go of the button. Now the esc is looking for neutral from the transmitter and you have to press and release the button with the transmitter at neutral. After it accepts the neutral calibration you have to pull full throttle, press and release the button. After it accepts the full throttle calibration you go full brake, press and release the button one last time. This is done to tell the esc what the signals look like from the transmitter.

Reverse is a setting just like the lipo cutoff and has nothing to do with calibration. There is a calibration procedure and a setting menu access procedure.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by waitwhat View Post
Once it is blinking you have to let go of the button. Now the esc is looking for neutral from the transmitter and you have to press and release the button with the transmitter at neutral. After it accepts the neutral calibration you have to pull full throttle, press and release the button. After it accepts the full throttle calibration you go full brake, press and release the button one last time. This is done to tell the esc what the signals look like from the transmitter.

Reverse is a setting just like the lipo cutoff and has nothing to do with calibration. There is a calibration procedure and a setting menu access procedure.
I see, so I can definitely get into the calibration procedure but I'm not understanding how to get it into setting menu procedure.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dmgp1 View Post
I see, so I can definitely get into the calibration procedure but I'm not understanding how to get it into setting menu procedure.
Well, Hobbywing esc's don't let you access the settings menu through pushes of a button on the esc anymore. You have to have one of the programming boxes to make those changes now.
Old 07-05-2020, 11:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by waitwhat View Post
Well, Hobbywing esc's don't let you access the settings menu through pushes of a button on the esc anymore. You have to have one of the programming boxes to make those changes now.
I see thank you