Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Questions re: Transmitter / Receiver for this.. >

Questions re: Transmitter / Receiver for this..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By GerryH
  • 1 Post By Roelof
  • 1 Post By Roelof
  • 1 Post By GerryH

Questions re: Transmitter / Receiver for this..

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 07:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Questions re: Transmitter / Receiver for this..

So I am trying to upgrade just about everything on a Traxxas UDR truck I'm working on, and the radio is one of the first things I want to do... I'm going to be using a ProTek RC 370TBL servo so if I want to go with a Futaba 7PX radio... what type do I need? SR or Telemetry? It's all quite confusing and I'm new at this, so forgive me if this seems obvious to some, and will any receiver from Futaba work?

and what is T-FHSS?
Old 06-30-2020, 08:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Let's start with the easy things. T-FHSS is Telemetery supported Frequency Hopping Spread Spektrum. Futaba has 2 different technologies, FHSS and Fast. There's variations of both of these, but let's not get too confusing. The 7PX being a top of the line transmitter will support pretty much any Futaba receiver with a couple of exceptions. Futaba provides this nice chart for compatibility: https://futabausa.com/receiver-feature-charts/

Regarding the need for telemetry, that's up to you. Do you want to be able to monitor battery voltage, motor temps, etc from your radio? If so, you need a telemetry receiver plus various sensors.

I don't have any personal experience with the SR mode and compatible servos. Check out this other recent thread: Futaba receivers.
P992A330 likes this.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:29 AM
Tech Lord

The 7PX comes with a T-FHSS-SR receiver.Just plug on your equipment and it will work. The receiver works in normal T-FHSS mode and in the latest T-FHSS-SR

As mentioned the T stands for telemetry, no need to do anything with it but you can plug on several sensors on the SBUS connector. In SR mode the telemetry is limited.

SR is a super fast servo modus. In the transmitter the SR mode is set to "normal" with which you can use normal servo's, when you activate the SR mode (can be set for each channel sepparate) you need to have a SR mode servo/ESC connected to the SBUS oor a 800Hz-760uS servo on the channel connector.
P992A330 likes this.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:08 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks for all the help gents... I ordered the 7PXR and will be using it in Telemetry... I found some good YouTube videos on how to use it/set it up... my only concern will be to make sure with the new servo (PTK 370TBL) that I will be able to configure the travel limits correctly, and maybe if I can't figure it out, someone can help me at my local hobby shop, or near where live who is a pro in this department.

This is going to be a massive undertaking and I'm looking forward to a steep learning curve... I only wish the UDR and all of the parts I ordered would come sooner, rather than later.. everything seems to be way way way back ordered these days.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:36 AM
Tech Lord

As long you do not use the SR mode it will work with any normal (digital) servo so all the adjustments will work too
P992A330 likes this.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Setting endpoints should be fairly easy. With the large LCD of many modern transmitters, it's pretty easy to find the right settings.
P992A330 likes this.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:26 AM
Tech Initiate

If money was no object, and you wanted to take advantage of maximum features for the Futaba 7PXR ... what servo would you go with?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/futaba-...s177sv/p646039

or

one of these? https://futabausa.com/product-catego...urface-servos/