Hacker esc

Old 05-23-2020, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Hacker esc

Hey guys. I was talking with a particular owner of a large rc electronics company and he told me that Hobbywing makes Hacker esc's. I dont have anything against HW, although my luck with that brand is poor, I was just wondering because this esc is amazing. Not to say that HW isnt, just haven't had good luck at all with them..
Anyone??
Old 05-24-2020, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

I am not familiar with the "Hacker" brand, but I have seen many brands that are compatible with HW programming cards. This has led many to believe that HW is the OEM and rebrands for many other companies. I have heard some say that the main difference is quality of components. For Example I have heard claims that HW makes Orion ESC's as well, but Orion will include higher quality parts... in contrast I have heard that HW makes the X-Car brand but with very low quality parts. I believe Brushless Hobbies (BHR) was the company who spec'd the X-Car version, unfortunately the owner passed away and the company went out of business:
Brushless Hobbies 80amp & 120amp esc's

HobbyKing continues to sell the X-Car (BHR) ESC.