Throttle glitch

Old 05-17-2020, 11:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Throttle glitch

Hey all, new member and first post here.I have a T-Maxx that I just converted to a Mamba Monster X system with 2200kv motor. Iím using a Futaba 3PM FM 75mhz radio/receiver and am experiencing some throttle glitching. I googled the glitching and installed a 16v 2400uF (two 1200uF in parallel) on CH3 and it didnít help. My antenna wire over time has become shortened from breaking so I rewired it with a much longer wire from an older receiver. Seemed to help a little bit but itís still glitching. The glitch is bad enough to the point of it blowing out my front differential because itís almost like slamming on full brakes at speed! My 3S LiPo was fully charged and the batteries in the transmitter were good too. I brought it to a more open area with less power wires around and it seemed to get better yet, but still glitching. Would it be a good idea to switch to a 2.4GHz radio system instead?? If so, what is a decent system? I donít need anything too fancy. I was thinking maybe the Futaba 3PV?
Old 05-17-2020, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

3pm radio, old system, 75mhz. I believe it'll work cuz my M8 still works with newer ESC and motors. Read you Mamba Monster X manual, part that tells you how to calibrate your ESC. It tells you where the Neutral, Full Throt, and braking position are. I think the problems are there. especially when you change ESC and motor. Brushless system depend on calibrations. Good Luck!! Caps are good but I don't think you'll need them, I may take some responds of my comment! Its ok.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Geezatec View Post
3pm radio, old system, 75mhz. I believe it'll work cuz my M8 still works with newer ESC and motors. Read you Mamba Monster X manual, part that tells you how to calibrate your ESC. It tells you where the Neutral, Full Throt, and braking position are. I think the problems are there. especially when you change ESC and motor. Brushless system depend on calibrations. Good Luck!! Caps are good but I don't think you'll need them, I may take some responds of my comment! Its ok.
+1
Old 05-17-2020, 10:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Antenna wires are tuned to the frequency of the receiver, so your new wire should be the same length of your original ( when new ) antenna.
Old 05-18-2020, 12:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey EXRider723 and welcome!

Your throttle trim might be offset - try adjusting that a bit before going for a new radio system. If it is the throttle trim you can at least save a couple of $$$