Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
CloudLaps, A decoderless solution for laptiming >

CloudLaps, A decoderless solution for laptiming

Like Tree11Likes

CloudLaps, A decoderless solution for laptiming

Old 02-19-2020, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just re-read that post...please don't make the offline mode count on existing timing software... needing access to a club laptop with purchased timing software would kill this for practice. Why not an offline mode for your software or offline version of the web app?
Old 02-19-2020, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mushroomed View Post
Just re-read that post...please don't make the offline mode count on existing timing software... needing access to a club laptop with purchased timing software would kill this for practice. Why not an offline mode for your software or offline version of the web app?
How do you envisage that working? The offline version of the software has to run... somewhere.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

By having the CloudLaps timing app run on a smartphone without the need for internet connection, or a standalone timing application for PC to use when practicing.

If I had to arrange to get the clubs race laptop out with a copy of RC Scoring (or whatever race software) installed... then I'd just use the regular mylaps setup and others could have timed practice too.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:10 PM
Tech Adept

By having the CloudLaps timing app run on a smartphone without the need for internet connection, or a standalone timing application for PC to use when practicing.

If I had to arrange to get the clubs race laptop out with a copy of RC Scoring (or whatever race software) installed... then I'd just use the regular mylaps setup and others could have timed practice too.
Your concerns are understandable, but at this point of time, this is our solution to be independent from the internet. I mean, take a look, you guys brought up the issue of connectivity, and we listened. We try to respond to the feedbacks and market demands as fast as we can I mean, this anmouncement came after what, a week, of the first mention of the issue to be bound to the internet?
Currently we are honing this capability, that we can tie into under an excisting software, and later on, we can think about creating a mobile platform offline app, that can take care of everything. Until then, this really is the cheapest way to put sectors into your race track .
Alternatively if you know a free lap timing software for a laptop, with what we can test our system, we are happy to look in to the compatibility of it. in the meanwhile, the mobile platform is capable to meet the demands of the online lap timing.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Fair enough, I thought you meant for setting up races with multiple people.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:07 AM
Tech Adept

Regarding practicing alone, you either have your own laptop with a lap timing software without internet, or with your phone and with internet. This should cancel out the argument of tethering multiple devices to one phone, because you only tether one, if you practice alone. If you practice with your buddies, everyone can tether to their own phone, so no problem there. Further improvements will be made to the whole system based on the user feedback, but for now, this is where we are at
Old 02-20-2020, 01:36 AM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

how far from the magnetic strip can the transponder receive the signal?

for example on an offroad car where the ride height can be 30mm from the ground
Old 02-20-2020, 01:51 AM
Tech Adept

lagcisco ,
Length of the tape can be anything, from one car width to 10 meters.1.5mm tape can be taped onto the tarmac ( onroad track), carpet tolerates the 3mm tape fairly well ( the 1.5 practically undetectable under it), anything thicker can be bridged over the track, just like the ILap system, or can be dug into the surface of the track, if it is possible , like in a dirt, or a clay track. For offroad use, you can use the thickest tape ( 6mm), and that will have 125mm detectable range ( it is more than this, but we'd like to stay on the conservative side of our recommendations). If you need more range, then you can use 2 strips by doubling them up, almost doubling the detection range.

Please refer to the chart for actual distances below, under Magnetic Tape Specifications:
https://cloudlaps.com/specification/

Last edited by mikeylama; 02-20-2020 at 01:57 AM. Reason: okay, imposible to insert a half-decent table here :D
Old 02-20-2020, 02:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mikeylama View Post
Alternatively if you know a free lap timing software for a laptop, with what we can test our system, we are happy to look in to the compatibility of it
Have a look at ZRound software. Cano/RCHourglass protocol can be easily implemented. I don't think the software supports multiple detection lines.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mv4wd View Post
Have a look at ZRound software. Cano/RCHourglass protocol can be easily implemented. I don't think the software supports multiple detection lines.
We have, tested, and it is working with our system. Please see post 28
Old 02-20-2020, 03:41 AM
Tech Adept

Okay, so as it turns out, on PC there is this free software that we tested, ZRound. It is working with our system, altho it is a quite simple software.Offline mobile application is in the pipeline, but realistically that will be introduced around summer.
mushroomed likes this.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That's great. Mobile is ideal for practice, but offline use with timing software addresses my major concerns.

Is there any hardware difference between your pro line transponders and non-pro ones? Something you maybe could test out cheaper and update via firmware at a later date if you find you need segment times?
Old 02-21-2020, 02:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TheRulesLawyer View Post
That's great. Mobile is ideal for practice, but offline use with timing software addresses my major concerns.

Is there any hardware difference between your pro line transponders and non-pro ones? Something you maybe could test out cheaper and update via firmware at a later date if you find you need segment times?
Thank you for the question. currently there is no possibility to do a firmware upgrade currently, to make a pro device out of a basic. We will take a look at it, as this is something, that we can potentially solve, and later on offer, as an upgrade service from Basic to Pro device. In any case we do offer a 30 day money-back guarantee, with the condition, that the transponder is intact, untampered, and undamaged. The details of this is in our website (CloudLaps.com).
Old 03-04-2020, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

Hello everyone,

We've officially launched the offline product line with 2 transponder types, one with and one without the capability of the sector time measurements.
As an introductory sale, for a limited time, we offer the plus version ( the offline capable one) for the same price, as the base models.

Feel free, to check out the shop, and the virtual decoder below.

https://cloudlaps.com/cloudlaps-virtual-decoder/

As usual, any feedback is much appreciated
Old 03-10-2020, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Hi everyone again,

Allow me to share the article we wrote of last Sunday's training day, where we had to test a lot of functionality with the system. It went great, gained some experience, and lost some rubber from the wheels
Should you have any questions, as usual, let us know.

https://cloudlaps.com/practice-day-08-03-2020/

Last edited by mikeylama; 03-10-2020 at 05:30 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.