Wiki Posts
Search

MT-44, best reciever, servo combo for 1/8 Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 07:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MT-44, best reciever, servo combo for 1/8 Nitro

I'm looking to put together a 1/8 nitro buggy kit. Im undecided which one to get but its looking like I'll be getting either a MBX8 WE or a Kyosho MP10.

I recently purchased a Sanwa MT-44 which comes with a rx482. From what I have read, it may not be a good thing to have a low profile rx in a nitro buggy.

So my question is this, what would be the best combo for reciever, battery, and servos, that would allow me to use all the benefits of my MT-44 transmitter.

I dont care if I need to buy a new reciever if that means I will benefit from the reliabilty of longer range and no interference and I would also like it to fit inside the receiver compartment on the chassis.

Also, if anyone has other recommendations for a first time kit, I'm all ears. I have no brand loyalty, and I know everyone will say use whats at your track, but I would like to hear opinions.

Tha ks
Old 01-17-2020, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've seen many people running the antenna-free 481/482 receivers in nitro buggies with no trouble. I've run them on large 1/8 scale tracks inside the receiver box of an e-buggy with no problem.

The equivalent Sanwa receivers with antennas are the rx-471 (non-telemetry) and rx-472 (telemetry).

The Sanwa PGS-XB II servos will let you use the wireless programming and telemetry features of the MT-44, as well as the fastest response speed.

A 7,4V lipo will get more speed and torque out your servos.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Ditto. No issues with the 482 in Buggy or Truggy, always works.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good to know, do they fit inside the covered reciever box?
Old 01-18-2020, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The 481/482 are pretty tiny, easily fit inside the Team Associated receiver box along with transponder and excess wiring.
Old 01-18-2020, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

As above, rx-482 is excellent, range is actually great too in my experience.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:56 AM
Tech Lord

There is a reason receivers with antenna still exists. As many people have no issues you probably will face none whatever. But if you want to be better safe than sorrow I would sugest to run an antenna version, for sure if you are gong to run large distances.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
There is a reason receivers with antenna still exists. As many people have no issues you probably will face none whatever. But if you want to be better safe than sorrow I would sugest to run an antenna version, for sure if you are gong to run large distances.
or indoors in a steel building, it could work great like it did for me one year or it could cause you to ruin 4 servos, a wing and a body and worst of all put marshals in unnessasary danger the next.