Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BRSracing
  • 1 Post By glennhl

7PX Vs M17

Old 07-03-2019, 01:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 7PX Vs M17

After doing a bit of research it appears the 7PX can be had for about the same money as the M17.

Features/functions I can obviously compare but Iím struggling to locate either locally to actually get hands on with them.

So cost aside has anyone owned both or had some time with both to give me their opinion on fit, finish and feel which are all big points to me!

Thanks

Old 07-03-2019, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I personally love my 7px. Compare red to the m17 it feels like much higher quality and the touch screen and the over all feel and the display is much better.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

evil you just can not ask people what and how radio feels like. we all have our own likes and dislikes..i like my ex10 and went to m11 . the switched brands when I got a rp ts in my hands ..I still use it today and always will I have 50 rx's 4 radios..for me to go with another brand id spend a fortune... get the 2 radios in your hands then you will know.will you be using in direct sunlight will you be able to see screen ?.cost of rx?. those and many more things you need to answer b4 your choice is made.

Last edited by the rc guy; 07-03-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

I have had both radios, ultimatley stayed wiht the M17. Both radios are fine radios and will make the user happy but here is my take:
1:Cost M17 is cheaper.... You can coupon the 7px down to about 100.00 within M17 however you still have to buy a battery for the 7px it does not come with one and Futaba does not recommend using AA batteries for use of the radio so you must by a battery which runs 40.00-80.00. M17 comes with a battery pack. Sanwa does not offer the option to use AA or AAA batteries so you do need to make sure you keep it charged.
2:Battery charging the M17 has a usb port on the battery for simple charging. never have to take the battery out to charge it. cool litte addition.
3:Screen the 7px does have a little nicer screen witht he touch option, but honestly Sanwa's touch pad is simple and straight forward so to me not much of an advantage.
4:Feel this is more of a persaonally preference I feel more connected with the size and light weight of the M17 but the 7PX is nice just did not feel as comfortable for me.
5:Receivers Sanwa has nicer receivers periond. Sanwa has smaller receivers some with antennas others with a short antenna. Futaba's latest receiver has a short antenna with the antenna tube built into the case. Seems nice but the antenna holder is brittle the holder broke the first time out. Futaba use to be much cheaper on receivers but now they both are expensive in my opinion.
6:Both radios can be updated via micro SD. Futaba advertises updates via an Android phone by simple NFC. It did not work with my phone and when I contacted Futaba I was advised that it does not have NFC for updates which was odd because they advertise it and its in the manual.
Oveall both are fine radios but for me Sanwa had more of what I was looking for in a radio.
7:Fit and finish both are about the same in quality of build.
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Realistic the 7px is the same price if not cheaper than the m17. The cheapest I found the m17 and 7px is on rcmart.com. The m17 is $520 shipped and 7px is $560 shipped with 2 receivers. So price is about even.
Futaba receivers are cheaper than the sanwa. With Futaba you can run the non telemetry r204gfe receivers for $47 shipped or the high end sr tememtry r334sbs receivers for $60. Sanwa receivers are close to 80-$100.

and yes you can charge the 7px by plugging it in to a wall outlet but this can only be done if your run a 6v AA nimh battery pack when can be bought for $15. Most people don’t do this because most people run a 2 cell life battery. I run the 2000mah turnigy battery that cost $25.

Last edited by riceball777; 07-08-2019 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:59 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I bought two Turnigy 2100mah LIFE batteries for my 7PX for $17 each.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Sanwa versus Futaba? Best way to answer this is Ginger or Mary Ann?
STLNLST likes this.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Problem with buying outside US is you have to send it back overseas for repairs should you need any. The cheap futaba receivers dont have the same response times as the higher end receivers so may as well just get the cheaper radio if one is gonna use the cheap receivers
Old 07-03-2019, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the rc guy View Post
evil you just can not ask people what and how radio feels like. we all have our own likes and dislikes..i like my ex10 and went to m11 . the switched brands when I got a rp ts in my hands ..I still use it today and always will I have 50 rx's 4 radios..for me to go with another brand id spend a fortune... get the 2 radios in your hands then you will know.will you be using in direct sunlight will you be able to see screen ?.cost of rx?. those and many more things you need to answer b4 your choice is made.
Did you not read the part of the question where they can't get samples locally to try before they buy?