Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
What brushed setup for racing? >

What brushed setup for racing?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Billy Kelly

What brushed setup for racing?

Reply

Old 06-12-2019, 12:30 AM
  #1  
Tech Rookie
Thread Starter
 
AE_Hopeful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 3
Default What brushed setup for racing?

I have a 2wd sct with a brushed setup. Id like to keep it that way, so id like your opinions on what motors should i look for? I found some from Holmes Hobbies, Reedy, and Yeah Racing. I really like the Yeah Racing motors but my question is, If i want to strictly keep it at my local track, which turn motor? 12t,13t,17t,21t? I'm not racing in any class specifically, I just need more power for the jumps and everything.
it would be cool if someone could explain why they would use this or that motor. thanks ✌️
AE_Hopeful is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:31 PM
  #2  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 43
Default

before you choose any motor you need to check what motors turns are allowed at your local track
most tracks have class restrictions and limit motor turns and some even limit manufacture
check your local track for that info then come back and someone can help you decide on the optimal motor within your local tracks specs
discgolfer72 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:54 AM
  #3  
Tech Rookie
Thread Starter
 
AE_Hopeful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by discgolfer72 View Post
before you choose any motor you need to check what motors turns are allowed at your local track
most tracks have class restrictions and limit motor turns and some even limit manufacture
check your local track for that info then come back and someone can help you decide on the optimal motor within your local tracks specs
I'm not racing in a class.... I was asking what would actually work for a track. This 12t xl5 just isn't making the jump and I was looking for opinions on what to do, without going brushless
AE_Hopeful is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:41 AM
  #4  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 7,762
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AE_Hopeful View Post
I'm not racing in a class.... I was asking what would actually work for a track. This 12t xl5 just isn't making the jump and I was looking for opinions on what to do, without going brushless
You did mention racing in the title.

Just curious, why not just go brushless?
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Billy Kelly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:59 AM
  #5  
Tech Rookie
Thread Starter
 
AE_Hopeful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by AE_Hopeful View Post
I'm not racing in any class specifically, I just need more power for the jumps and everything.

​​​​​​​That's what I said in the original post. Just asking for opinions that's all
AE_Hopeful is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:00 PM
  #6  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 7,762
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Well the XL5 esc has a limit. 15T for 540 sized motors. 12T for 550 sized motors. You’ll need to change the esc also.
Billy Kelly is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service