Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree661Likes

FlySky Noble NB4

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2024, 06:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Welp, I just went ahead and used the updater and skipped the assistant. Good news is that I am on 2.0.105 but bad news is that I lost all of my model settings lol. Oh well, guess I’m pairing a bunch of stuff again…
Old 06-07-2024, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Who's an official US reseller for FlySky? Looking to get a NB4 Pro+ when it comes out, just don't know who to reach out to for a pre-order.
Old 06-10-2024, 06:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Team CRC has been retailing the product in the US. Don't know if there is an "official" reseller, but they are definitely actively promoting it.

https://teamcrc.com/product-category/flysky-products/

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...98749014042042
Old 06-10-2024, 09:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Fredp1
I've seen the different firmware versions, STD and FCC, but don't understand what the difference is and when you would use one over the other.
Does anyone know what the difference is between these 2 versions?
As Mac The Knife mentioned, the provides higher power, and decreased battery life...but, there's more to it than just that. The FCC version provides a higher power output, which, in-turn, provides greater range (ie. distance) for controlling vehicles/vessels. As for the decreased battery life, it's not all that much lower...plus, if you start with a fully-charged base battery, you'll have plenty of battery to last your entire run (well, unless you plan to run from sun up to sun down).

Originally Posted by skimax
Welp, I just went ahead and used the updater and skipped the assistant. Good news is that I am on 2.0.105 but bad news is that I lost all of my model settings lol. Oh well, guess I’m pairing a bunch of stuff again…
I'm guessing you forgot to back up (ie. Export) your model settings before updating the firmware. Per FlySky's own instructions, whichever method you use for updating the firmware, you always need to back up model settings before updating the firmware, followed by restoring the settings after updating, as the 'update' process completely wipes the radio storage. On top of that, no matter which updating method you use, remember that you will always have to rebind your receivers (because, again, the update process 'wipes' the radio).

Yeah, that's the thing... I need the older version of the assistant so that I can export and import... It's not working on the V3.0 app. I would do the standalone updater but I don't want to lose all of my settings. Any way you can send me the older version if you have it?
It's not an 'older' version. It's the most recent version (actually, based on the version number, it might even be the "next to be released" version), but with an 'offline' component added. Unfortunately, I've run into a bit of a problem using it, and I am waiting for the person at FlySky who sent it to me to get back to me about the problem.

Last edited by Panther6834; 06-10-2024 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-12-2024, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

with the pro+ being released and looking at the info.... whats really the difference between that and the nb4+ other than wireless charging that i personally dont care about..

and the price jump to $520 USD
Old 06-12-2024, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by hippo_408
with the pro+ being released and looking at the info.... whats really the difference between that and the nb4+ other than wireless charging that i personally dont care about..

Doesn't appear to be anything for the normal racer, they allude to faster response , but the nb4 and nb4 pro were identical, your paying for the name
Old 06-12-2024, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

with the pro+ being released and looking at the info.... whats really the difference between that and the nb4+ other than wireless charging that i personally dont care about...and the price jump to $520 USD
Can't say for certain, as they haven't officially released all the details. But, between the original Noble NB4 & Noble Pro, the biggest difference was the inclusion of a case. Chances are, the Noble Pro+ will also include a case. There's also (if the Pro+, like the Pro before it) the high probability that the Pro+ will have greater storage capacity than the NB4+.
Old 06-12-2024, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Panther6834
Can't say for certain, as they haven't officially released all the details. But, between the original Noble NB4 & Noble Pro, the biggest difference was the inclusion of a case. Chances are, the Noble Pro+ will also include a case. There's also (if the Pro+, like the Pro before it) the high probability that the Pro+ will have greater storage capacity than the NB4+.
they have specs on their face book, updated screen which i think matches the nb4+ now and same number of models saveable
Old Yesterday, 03:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TheBeave
Who's an official US reseller for FlySky? Looking to get a NB4 Pro+ when it comes out, just don't know who to reach out to for a pre-order.
You can refer to soarsky RC website
Old Yesterday, 03:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Compared with NB4+, the new Noble Pro+ has new color, steering wheel, trigger, Channel number,wireless charging, Pro+ comes with carrying case and more accessory replacement and Pro+ supports more software features like multiple points curve adjustment and fuel consumption detection.

Old Yesterday, 03:13 AM
Tech Rookie

You need to do backup via the assistant before updating buddy
Old Yesterday, 03:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Fredp1
I've seen the different firmware versions, STD and FCC, but don't understand what the difference is and when you would use one over the other.
Does anyone know what the difference is between these 2 versions?
FCC is high power version firmware
Old Yesterday, 03:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone have the flysky assistant V1.1 file that they can link me??

My Noble is still on the 2.0.83 firmware and I think I need the older assistant to update it...
Your firmware version is too old. You can message Flysky RC on FB
Old Yesterday, 07:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

I went with an authorized reseller, but I don't know that it helps if you need support from Flysky. I got my nB4+ from Helidirect (as well as other flysky stuff in the past). They did ship on release day, I preordered a couple weeks ahead. That also insures you pay full retail. lol. But I digress. If there has been an early problem with it, I know Helidirect would help. If it was a problem after the return window, I'm not sure how much they could do for me with Flysky, but its a little comfort I guess that I have North American support. kinda. I had a good experience with them, although they couldn't tell me if I'd get it on release day because they had no way of knowing how many would show up from Flysky. Other pre-orders after me waited a couple weeks I recall. Helidirect had pretty good communication and I'd use them again.
Old Yesterday, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Calvin Kong
Compared with NB4+, the new Noble Pro+ has new color, steering wheel, trigger, Channel number,wireless charging, Pro+ comes with carrying case and more accessory replacement and Pro+ supports more software features like multiple points curve adjustment and fuel consumption detection.

so sounds like nothing to me personally, nothing that justifies the price hike anyway

i would like to see one of ur graphics comparing the pro + and the nb4+ because those are the 2 that are closest together imo
jmoneym likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.