Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jgil089

Futaba rx

Old 04-15-2019, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Futaba rx

Futaba website states itís 7.4v input capable. If I use a 2s lipo for the receiver it will see 8.4v to 8.7 with a HV pack. I seen were I seen some things that says you need a regulator. Can I run the lipo to just the switch in my nitro car. Or do I need a regulator? Iím assuming that I must use servos that are 7.4capable. Or do they need a regulator?
Old 04-15-2019, 06:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Which one are you talking about? Usually when they list voltages they mean nominal voltages.

But your esc may have a setting for output voltage. Check that.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

Location: northern Indiana southern Michigan all depends on the day.

Originally Posted by soulcoma View Post
Futaba website states it’s 7.4v input capable. If I use a 2s lipo for the receiver it will see 8.4v to 8.7 with a HV pack. I seen were I seen some things that says you need a regulator. Can I run the lipo to just the switch in my nitro car. Or do I need a regulator? I’m assuming that I must use servos that are 7.4capable. Or do they need a regulator?
I have used the futabas receivers that were list for high voltage up to 8.4v no problem. Don't think 0.3V will make a difference. But it's electronic. I would how ever use voltage alarm. In you don't have a one of the telemetry systems and or don't set it to work you.

PS receives use to be 4v-6v and 7.2(8.4) Was considered high voltage. Before the "new" hv (8.7)
Old 04-15-2019, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Right. Useing 7px and all Futaba rxs with T-FHss and S-FHSS.and as far as servos go do they have to be HV as well.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

I asked the same question about 6 months ago when setting my first nitro buggy. I run Sanwa but the answer should be the same. The rated voltage is nominal, so the 7.4v is meaning a 2s lipo which charges to 8.4v.

I run HV servos which can handle the voltage direct from the battery. You need to consider that too as the rx will be putting the same voltage as its getting.
soulcoma likes this.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:47 AM
Tech Addict

Ah yes thanks that’s what I was wondering wasn’t sure if there was some for of step down or not. Ok so I’ll go ahead and get another Savox 2290 for Throttle just to keep them the same. I like Symmetry