Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By reptile

controller wheels

Old 07-19-2018, 06:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Default controller wheels

Anyone else find the wheels on their controllers too small? Have a Futaba 4PV and would like something where the foam is in the 65mm outer diameter range.
Anyone doing anything custom for them?

G
Old 07-19-2018, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm using one of these custom wheel grips. They are made from a hard sticky rubber and they don't come in larger diameters like you want. However, you could email the owner and see if he's willing to make a special grip with a bigger diameter.
Prospect Park Raceway PPR Reptile RC radio wheel grips slot.car products
Old 07-20-2018, 05:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Integy sells aftermarket wheels, not sure if they list the diameter of the wheels or not, they come with adapters to fit most popular brands of radios.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by g-live View Post
Anyone else find the wheels on their controllers too small? Have a Futaba 4PV and would like something where the foam is in the 65mm outer diameter range.

G
While not the prettiest option, Kimbrough offers these which are definitely bigger than standard wheels since I'm pretty sure they slide over the existing wheel. They have a funky look and maybe good for ergo but I have never used one personally

Kimbrough Scalloped Rubber Wheel Grip
Old 07-20-2018, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

theres a guy on here that sells custom color grips made of silicon the best grip ive used for many years.. and can be shrunk down with a little heat .. he posts a vid of his old school trucks often not sure his full name on here I call him reptile. he is on a few other forums has his own site or link..heres his link.. scroll down to see them. foams melts in my hands due to my dna,,ppr RC products
Old 07-20-2018, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the rc guy View Post
theres a guy on here that sells custom color grips made of silicon the best grip ive used for many years.. and can be shrunk down with a little heat .. he posts a vid of his old school trucks often not sure his full name on here I call him reptile. he is on a few other forums has his own site or link..heres his link.. scroll down to see them. foams melts in my hands due to my dna,,ppr RC products
See post number 2. Fine minds think alike!
Old 07-21-2018, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Hi I am the guy with the grips..they are a rubber type but much softer than the normal rubber grips that come on radios you can make your wheel larger by simply putting one of my grips right over your radios original grip.
the rc guy likes this.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by g-live View Post

G
I am actually racing with a bigger diameter transmitter wheel for my 4pv. It's a direct fit
https://www.amainhobbies.com/maxline...p-8211/p667188