Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Sanwa price adjustments with m17 release? >

Sanwa price adjustments with m17 release?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By platgof
  • 1 Post By brian mills

Sanwa price adjustments with m17 release?

Old 07-10-2018, 06:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Sanwa price adjustments with m17 release?

Hey all,
I'm ready for a new radio and have pretty much decided on a Sanwa M12SRS. I've almost bought one several times but I'm reluctant to because the M17 will be out any day. I'm not interested in the M17 but I don't want to buy an M12 generation this week and see the prices drop like mad next week. Historically, has Sanwa significantly reduced the price of the previous generation when the new generation hits the market?
Thanks!
Old 07-10-2018, 07:27 PM
Set
Tech Adept

not exactly, they just get discontinued.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redgringrumble View Post
Hey all,
I'm ready for a new radio and have pretty much decided on a Sanwa M12SRS. I've almost bought one several times but I'm reluctant to because the M17 will be out any day. I'm not interested in the M17 but I don't want to buy an M12 generation this week and see the prices drop like mad next week. Historically, has Sanwa significantly reduced the price of the previous generation when the new generation hits the market?
Thanks!
the m12 is bulky and heavy, i would get the m17.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BRSracing View Post
the m12 is bulky and heavy, i would get the m17.
I bought an M12SRS a while back and loved it at first, always wanted an M12. Now, Iím sick of the weight and am already looking into a replacement. I agree, get an M17 or something else that has better ergonomics. The M12 has amazing features and is fast, but donít do what I did and make ergonomics a secondary priority - you will regret it after a while.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It should also be noted that the M12 is still available, even though it was released in 2012, so I doubt that the M12S/RS is going anywhere soon. So I wouldn't let that fear affect your decision.

Pertaining to ergonomics, I agree that they are important and I hear that from many other top racers as well, but they also say that ergonomics are personal. Weight, wheel/trigger relationship, range of wheel angle adjustment, trigger feel, and many other variables all go into the overall ergonomic feel. There simply isn't a one size fits all on this front. I for one, like the feel of my M12S better than I do the feel of the MT4/MT 44 platform (which is what the M17 seems based upon). That doesn't mean I won't get an M17 down the road in spite of the fact that I like the M12S better. However, because I like the ergonomics of the M12S it does put me in a position where I am not looking to purchase an M17 anytime this year, and maybe not next year either; we'll have to see.

I would advise going to your local hobby shop or track and try holding both an MT44 and an M12S/RS and decide which one you enjoy holding best.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah the pros wear themselves out with the weight of the M12S as they pick up the trophies. Go to a big race and see what the pros are using, those heavy M12S. They are not that heavy, but they are fast.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by platgof View Post
Yeah the pros wear themselves out with the weight of the M12S as they pick up the trophies. Go to a big race and see what the pros are using, those heavy M12S. They are not that heavy, but they are fast.
how determine "fast" ,, i cant compare any faster over my m12s even with m11x, i just feel same responses, i think all transmitter now have a top responses, they just make look nicer with coloured screen and ergonomics improvement. I think they should built-in a 2 ways communicator,, way better than improving responses
Old 07-19-2018, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

People quickly forget about how heavy radios used to be.

I wonder how racers ever managed to run an hour nitro main with a radio like the JR R-1.....
Old 07-22-2018, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have a Spek 4R that I was using for racing, and going from that to this, amazing. I still use the 4R for my bashing rig, but the M12S is my racing radio. The first time I used it was a mind blowing experience, total transformation. I went from usually being last in the C main to almost bumping to the B main, that should tell you something about this radio, the response is really nice to have. It makes racing a lot more fun , and maneuvers are so easy to do now.
stanleyw808 likes this.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by banana rt View Post
how determine "fast" ,, i cant compare any faster over my m12s even with m11x, i just feel same responses, i think all transmitter now have a top responses, they just make look nicer with coloured screen and ergonomics improvement. I think they should built-in a 2 ways communicator,, way better than improving responses
I switched to an M12S from M11X and immediate noticed the difference I run SSR mode only on both
stanleyw808 likes this.