Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree14Likes

need new radio 200 budget

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

i'm in the exact same boat..i have an MXV and its been great but i find im not able to gel with my B6 carpet racer..dont know why when i can with my other two classes i run (M05 and Micro) i'm beginning to think that the MXV is too slow for the B6 in mod class... looking at getting a better radio...maybe a mid range sanwa..(if only the recievers were compatible)
a1 likes this.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah, the MX-V is quite slow, around 15ms frame rate IIRC. That's very slow for a race radio.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:53 PM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lunchie
i'm in the exact same boat..i have an MXV and its been great but i find im not able to gel with my B6 carpet racer..dont know why when i can with my other two classes i run (M05 and Micro) i'm beginning to think that the MXV is too slow for the B6 in mod class... looking at getting a better radio...maybe a mid range sanwa..(if only the recievers were compatible)
Im no rc expert but I didnt mind using the newer technology recievers and leaving the old behind.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well, it's just a matter of budget, really.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've purchased two MT-4 Radios recently used. One was fairly used but came with two receivers and the other was Like new with screen protectors and not a mark on it .. Both were just $100 each and they're awesome .. If you're interested in the MT-4 be on the lookout for a clean used one!
Old 01-15-2018, 07:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Jeez. After being a bit annoyed about the short brake trigger movement in a race on Saturday again, and afterwards recommending the MT-S to a fellow racer who was looking to upgrade from his SC10RS RTR radio after being at that same race... I couldn't stop myself any longer and ordered the MT-S. Damn it Until I can find a good deal on a second receiver and also get the mone for it, I guess I'll have to haul around the MX-V for the 4WD (which isn't so fussy about braking, barely need to do it) so as not to have to switch receivers every heat. Moving the transponder's bad enough since I only have one, in fact I forgot to move it in one qualifying heat this time...