Search
Like Tree10Likes

Sanwa PGS-LH Installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Actually, if you plug the servo into the SSL port on the RX, its already working in SSL mode with the transmitter... But unlocking the rest of the features requires a bit of work

Ok, so if you want telemetry, you'll need to activate it in the BIND menu (SYSTEM - BIND - TELEMETRY to ON).
Next, if you want to activate the programability, you need Racing Mode engaged, and the Aux2Code10 option active.
[1 - Telemetry]

First, turn on the Aux Code 2. In the SYSTEM menu, find the AUX TYPE sub menu. Here, go to AUX2 selection, and set to CODE10.
[2 - AuxCode]

Now sort our the Racing Modes. Go to RACING, then R-MODE (which if you use steering expo, should need to be on already). Turn it from INH to 2, 3, 4 or 5 (the numbers give you more modes. 2 gives you R1, R2. 3 gives R1, R2 and R3, etc.)
[3 - R-Mode]

Whilst in the R-Mode screen, scroll to the bottom and turn on CodeAX2 to ON. (You'll need to do this for each R-Mode too), along with any other options you want.
[4 - R-Mode AuxCodeON]

With all that done, to program the servo... go back into the RACING menu, Select C-AUX2, and bingo, changing the values of CODE-1 through CODE-7, you can tune the servo (I've relabelled them on my Tx to represent the settings.. see image).
[5 - AuxCode Setting]

Repeat the setup for each R-MODE.. and here's the beauty. By using different R-MODES, with different Aux2Code10 settings, you can tune the servo to switch quickly mid race. For example... R-MODE 1 could be a high grip setup, R-MODE 2 lower. Flick between the R-Modes, and you can instantly change the feel.
Oh and to setup the R-Mode switch... go to SYSTEM and ASSIGN.. then pick a switch or Trim lever (I have mine on Trim3)

Links to the suggested setting sheets from Sanwa;
Default settings by class - http://sanwa-denshi.com/rc/news/PGS-...20Category.pdf
Team Driver settings - http://sanwa-denshi.com/rc/news/Sett...%20Drivers.pdf
Only thing to note is that to get the full tuning, you still need the PGS setting box...
You have always been on top of write-ups like this. Thank you!
Old 05-06-2018, 07:12 PM
Set
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SlideMasteR
So does that mean you can still use the PGS-lh or Cl on a std m12, or any other radio for that matter, you will just need to program the servo with a multi gear setting box to change parameters ?
It works like a normal servo if you don't have sanwa mt12s / setting box etc.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bl4
Will this still work if plug into other port? As I am using Sanwa Vortex esc on the SSL port.
sorry bump old thread but wondering here with the sanwa gen2 esc and sanwa servo with plugs on rx would you use?
Old 08-01-2018, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JPAPA26

sorry bump old thread but wondering here with the sanwa gen2 esc and sanwa servo with plugs on rx would you use?
sanwa website has instructions on how to do this. But the short answer is a y harness for the ssl port.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:15 AM
Tech Regular

Here is the link

SANWA
JPAPA26 likes this.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by buggybattle
Here is the link

SANWA
thanks now I just need to find one in the states
Old 08-02-2018, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JPAPA26
thanks now I just need to find one in the states
Its just a y adapter... You can get them anywhere amain will have them for sure
Old 08-03-2018, 03:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by buggybattle
Its just a y adapter... You can get them anywhere amain will have them for sure
had a y harness buts it is a traxxas one and ran both off the ssl and bat slot and all is working properly thanks guys.
buggybattle likes this.

Last edited by JPAPA26; 08-03-2018 at 04:40 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Sorry to bring up this old thread.

I have two PGS-CL servos for GP application. I tried to connect both servos to the SSL port of my 472 receiver via the Y-harness cable as indicated in the instruction here:
SANWA

When I followed the instruction to change the code values, both servos responded to the steering wheel of the transmitter but no effect on the throttle trigger. It seems not sensible that the same code values applied to both the steering and throttle servos. Am I missing something?

Finally, I give up the y-harness and plug the steering and throttle servos to the SSL and Channel 2 respectively. Another strange thing happened - the steering servo becomes very warm (not hot) when I applied the following basic setting for PGS-LH from Sanwa:
http://sanwa-denshi.com/rc/news/PGS-...20Category.pdf

Any clue of that?

Old 09-20-2018, 05:56 PM
bl4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has anyone upgrade the new code 10 firmware?
SANWA
Old 10-30-2018, 03:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is it normal for the PGS servos to constantly hunt center? Are the servos slightly noisy in operation? Did I just get a bad one?
Old 10-30-2018, 09:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

it's normal for a sanwa servo to not be great at centering, yes. Pretty much the reason most have always avoided them.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Xpress
Is it normal for the PGS servos to constantly hunt center? Are the servos slightly noisy in operation? Did I just get a bad one?
Depends what you mean by hunting. There is a parameter that tells is how much current to use for 0 spee or initial holding. Bump it up until you here the PWM and then back it off a little. If its initial or holding is way to high it will hunt at 0. You want it hot but not too hot and having tires on the ground is different than tires in the air.

I tuned mine with tires on the ground so it fights cornering load immediately and with all it has. If I pick it up off the ground it will oscillate from how tight the holding loop is. i confirm that it reacts to corner loading by putting wheels on the ground, no pwm sounds until i apply a little pressure to the steering rack with my finger and then you hear the pwm fight against the load I add.

Ive never gotten the CX to return to exactly 0 from a ful right to left sweep but it could be the car. Its plus or minus .5 degrees on 2 cars.

pwm sounds are electrical popping in the servo followed by oscilation.

Last edited by Bry195; 01-30-2019 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

I know this was kind of asked and answered but I'm not totally clear. I have a original M12 (Code5), so I know I can't adjust servo settings through the radio. If I was to get the program box would I still be able to tune the servo parameters and still feel the changes? Or do I need to have an updated radio system all together? I want to try these servos but don't really want to get a new radio system if I don't have too.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RobS
I know this was kind of asked and answered but I'm not totally clear. I have a original M12 (Code5), so I know I can't adjust servo settings through the radio. If I was to get the program box would I still be able to tune the servo parameters and still feel the changes? Or do I need to have an updated radio system all together? I want to try these servos but don't really want to get a new radio system if I don't have too.

the program box allows you to change all including the ones that the m12 cannot change. They are retained once you save or flash it. The parameters of value control the PID loop for torque. Idle, mid and end torque. They allow you to make each loop “hot” or “cold”. Smooth or tight. If the motion feels spongy you increase the numbers. If it feels too stiff or is at the extreme of oscillating you lower the number.

I suggest setting everything to as hot as you can get it until it oscillates and then back off 10%.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.