Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
RCHourglass DIY Lap Timing (AKA Cano revised) >

RCHourglass DIY Lap Timing (AKA Cano revised)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree157Likes

RCHourglass DIY Lap Timing (AKA Cano revised)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 10:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yFM...ew?usp=sharing

I uploaded it again, in this case as a .zip
Old 04-04-2020, 01:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi there, I’ve pretty much built the decoder and amp. I have programmed the cy8kit-059 using the ver 7 beta file and installed the windows certified drivers. The problem I have it that the board does not power on when connecting the micro usb. Any ideas why this is, or is it just a faulty board? I haven’t connected it to the decoder as yet. Thanks
Old 04-05-2020, 02:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Blazinbeaver
Hi there, I’ve pretty much built the decoder . Any ideas why this is, or is it just a faulty board?
if your build doesn't include at least the crystal the board will not run. Check that first, then check you don't have a short on power rails
Old 04-05-2020, 02:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks, have just connected it to the decoder and the pc has now detected it. time to complete the rest of the build now.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Marco, I now have the decoder, amp and 3 transponders built. When testing the voltages on the amp everything is fine, however on the decoder I am only getting 4.11 across the vcc and gnd pins when connecting the 5v supply. All other voltages are then .6v down on the one in the schematic, do you have any idea why this would be? I will try and upload some pictures tomorrow if it helps?

thanks
Pete
Old 04-09-2020, 11:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Do you have that low of a voltage on the pins when the cy8kit disconnected from everything. If so then the cable you are using not a good one or USB port is not working to spec. Try plugging into a powered USB hub. You plugged into laptop? I have seen crappy power output on USB ports on some of those.

If the voltage is closer to 5v voltage when disconnected from everything then I check your wiring over again.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:47 PM
Tech Initiate

hey mv4wd

I had some RL stuff come up I am back playing with this again...

Working on node.js app that will allow raspberry pi to serve web access to allow users to use their phone to see to lap info, stats, etc.

It works ok now, When I finish the websock part to make the page update without a refreshing the page yourself I will show it.

I have not done much with the pic programing stuff I was trying out though.

d3m0 likes this.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Blazinbeaver
I am only getting 4.11 across the vcc and gnd pins
Either you have a under sped USB port (5 V ± 5%) , try a new USB cable or check the analog part of the circuit. Try alsodetaching the cypress board and measure voltage just like that (maybe with just the crystal connected if possible)
Old 04-10-2020, 12:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mv4wd
Either you have a under sped USB port (5 V ± 5%) , try a new USB cable or check the analog part of the circuit. Try alsodetaching the cypress board and measure voltage just like that (maybe with just the crystal connected if possible)
that was using a 6v battery and a voltage regulator, also didn’t have the board connected. Going to have a play around with it today. Will let you know how i get on.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Snowblind
Working on node.js app that will allow raspberry pi to serve web access to allow users to use their phone to see to lap info, stats, etc.It works ok now, When I finish the websock part to make the page update without a refreshing the page yourself I will show it.
Good. I've been busy on other projects and still struggling to improve the detection logic. Just some ideas and a raw prototype, but nothing usable right now.Anyway serial interface will be the same
Old 04-10-2020, 09:11 AM
Tech Rookie

so found 1 issue, i had a mistake on the wiring of Q2, all voltages are correct now when connected with the cy8kit. bad news is i still cant detect any of the transponders i have made, could i have damaged the 2n3906? whats the best thing to look at without access to a scope?
Old 04-10-2020, 10:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Are you connected directly to the cy8kit serial with terminal program. Try the MONITOR mode.

Are you sure the transponder is programed right and starting up. you have the led connected? is it blinking?
Old 04-10-2020, 11:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Snowblind
Are you connected directly to the cy8kit serial with terminal program. Try the MONITOR mode.

Are you sure the transponder is programed right and starting up. you have the led connected? is it blinking?
yes the transponders are starting up and the led’s are flashing.

I’ve run putty on the com port, using the settings on the wiki, but just get a blank screen, unless I’m. Doing something wrong. Also should I be able to see data on putty without the active transponders

thanks pete
Old 04-10-2020, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Does the blue led on the cpu board blink? It should turn on when you move a transponder near the loop
Old 04-10-2020, 11:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mv4wd
Does the blue led on the cpu board blink? It should turn on when you move a transponder near the loop
no it doesn’t appear to, I would upload some pics but I don’t have enough posts yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.