Wiki Posts
Search

301 Raceway in Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Racer Z
"A GOOD MOTOR DOES YOU NO GOOD ON MONDAY!! LEAN IT OUT"

Happy Holidays!! I just had to throw that one out there. Speaking of TED Where are you? GREEN Green green!!
ha ha ha happy hoidays an happy new years to every one
Old 12-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Chris/Vince,

Please give Jason my number when you get a chance.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 12-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

....why you never answer the phone..
Old 12-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

couple of questions, Im getting ready to place a tire order, What foams and shore ratings are most running for nitro touring, Also what fuel does c whits carry the most of
Old 12-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Sedan or 1/8th scale tires?
Old 12-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

sedan
Old 12-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tony montana
couple of questions, Im getting ready to place a tire order, What foams and shore ratings are most running for nitro touring, Also what fuel does c whits carry the most of
During the summer I usually run 45 shore rears and 40 shore front Jaco tires. You can also get away with 45r and 42f, also 42 all around.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Just wanted to give a shout out to the whole 301 crew and wish everyone a happy and healthy new year, and to those of you heading to Ft. Meyers for the warm up race good luck and be sure to represent as I know you guys usually do
Old 12-31-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Default Professional Advice

Happy New Year and congratulations Skins Fans!

I have a question that I need some of your experience and advice for. Pressure vessels. Is the purpose of a pressure vessel to increase the scavenged exhaust pressure to the fuel tank? Or.. Something to do with exhaust pulses ?
The reason why I ask is that in some races (off road) my car is running great but all of a sudden it cuts off (running half to full throttle). The temps are fine, plenty of fuel in the tank, good smoke and the plug is not burned up. It appears that the motor does not have enough draw for fuel. Do you think a pressure vessel would help ?
Old 12-31-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER

I have a question that I need some of your experience and advice for. Pressure vessels. Is the purpose of a pressure vessel to increase the scavenged exhaust pressure to the fuel tank? Or.. Something to do with exhaust pulses ?
The reason why I ask is that in some races (off road) my car is running great but all of a sudden it cuts off (running half to full throttle). The temps are fine, plenty of fuel in the tank, good smoke and the plug is not burned up. It appears that the motor does not have enough draw for fuel. Do you think a pressure vessel would help ?

Does it cut off in a turn? Is your fuel really cold? The reason I ask is that you may need a different glow plug for these colder temps. I was told that especially in a turn, cold fuel can splash on the glow plug and cause a flame out. Had it happen once on a touring car and a different glow plug took care of it. May be worth a try?
Old 12-31-2007, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

I ran a OS ultra Hot plug in a race early in December. Air temp was 46 degrees and my fuel was at ambient temp. I'm heading to Fla in Feb and I want to get some of these little problems ironed out. Btw, I was running a 2 chambered pipe. Funny thing is that I don't have this problem with any of my on roads (1/8 or 1/10)???
Old 12-31-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

I ran a OS ultra Hot plug in a race early in December. Air temp was 46 degrees and my fuel was at ambient temp. I'm heading to Fla in Feb and I want to get some of these little problems ironed out. Btw, I was running a 2 chambered pipe. Funny thing is that I don't have this problem with any of my on roads (1/8 or 1/10)???
Thats why on-road is the best Just kidding Big "H" hope you figure it out.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think the pressure chamber just provides more consistent pressure not necessarily more pressure. As for cutting off, Listen to the motor before it dies. If its high pitched the motor may be too lean. If its low pitched it could be too rich. Personally I would set both needles back to factory specs and put a mild race tune on the motor and see if it cuts off. Then just keep tuning from there. I think one of your needles could be too lean and the other needle is too rich to compensate for it. It's kind of hard to give advice over the keyboard without hearing the motor but I hope this helps.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Happy New Tears to all of the Dallas fans out there!!!
Old 12-31-2007, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Looks like I'm gonna install a Mugen Pressure Chamber(I'm not selling out guys!) on the truggy. I'm gonna reset the carb to base and run a warm plug. A couple other guys had simular problems with their big blocks when running off road.

Chris I'll be heading down the way with my cars. I'm driving to Fla. I just built a GTP car that I want to race in Tampa against those guys. I'm gonna stop by the shop and get a second opinion on set up before I head all the way down south.

Pic of my latest creation....

Last edited by GHETTOTEACHER; 08-23-2009 at 10:32 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.