Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed) >

Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Speed Run Electric (All Classes Welcomed)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by phildoggg
Thanks pete. why you quit posting your runs?

Didn't really think anyone pays attention to this thread anymore. But here is my latest speed run video of my Mugen MGT7e with new TP Power motor. First day testing the motor. 155 MPH on 8s with more gear to go.

https://youtu.be/6dPBq1OFfvA

Last edited by tc4basher; 08-04-2016 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc4basher
Didn't really think anyone pays attention to this thread anymore. But here is my latest speed run video of my Mugen MGT7e with new TP Power motor. First day testing the motor. 155 MPH on 8s with more gear to go.

https://youtu.be/6dPBq1OFfvA
Keep on kicking that azz!

Old 08-05-2016, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Keep on kicking that azz!

Thanks man. I miss that body now. Still got it but its real beat up lol
Old 08-05-2016, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm sure people still watch it.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'm waiting for the 3-12s ESC's to come in stock at alien power systems so I can pick one up. I need a good motor as well but at the moment TP power seems to be the only good source. Not too sure about the Cordova research stuff.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RepEvox
I'm waiting for the 3-12s ESC's to come in stock at alien power systems so I can pick one up. I need a good motor as well but at the moment TP power seems to be the only good source. Not too sure about the Cordova research stuff.
What about Castle, Poseidon, Leopard, Evul, Neu....etc? What's wrong with Cordovas?
Old 08-07-2016, 11:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I broke two Castle motors, I'm not buying from Poseidon, Evul is out of stock, Neu is expensive, and Cordova is also expensive. Not to mention Cordova's website leaves something to be desired. Leopard is really the only other option and I've already got a backup motor made by them.

Speaking of TP power, this has a 55K rpm max and it's 6 pole, thoughts? I know speedrunners typically go over the rpm limit.

Edit: Picture doesn't represent the motor, the diameter and shaft bore kind of make it tough to use in a 1/8 car. I could probably use a 8mm pinion spur adapter, but I'm not sure about the fit of the motor.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

https://youtu.be/8_SoU9zWRZA
New PB with the Mugen on 8S!!
Old 08-15-2016, 06:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Old 08-15-2016, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default SPEED RUN OPPORTUNITY

We'll be racing at the ENCINO VELODROME in Southern California on Sunday Sept. 4th.

We have our regular oval pan car classes, but The KING of the SPEED RUNS, Nic Case usually brings a Speed Run car to the track, and this event he is also promoting the VELODROME to Dirt Oval cars, and pretty much any other type of r/c car (Electric only) to come join in our event.

There will also be a few hours of practice on Saturday afternoon...

Old 08-15-2016, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SWTour
We'll be racing at the ENCINO VELODROME in Southern California on Sunday Sept. 4th.

We have our regular oval pan car classes, but The KING of the SPEED RUNS, Nic Case usually brings a Speed Run car to the track, and this event he is also promoting the VELODROME to Dirt Oval cars, and pretty much any other type of r/c car (Electric only) to come join in our event.

There will also be a few hours of practice on Saturday afternoon...

Isn't the Poseidon Speed Run event on the very same days? Also in southern California at the Camarillo airport.I plan on competing there.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MallenP30
Congrats Mike. You have really come a long way in a few months. Keep up the great work! 👌👍🖒👊
Old 08-15-2016, 04:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Congrats Mike. You have really come a long way in a few months. Keep up the great work! 👌👍🖒👊
Thanks Pete, Appreciate the help with the Mugen brotha!
Old 08-16-2016, 02:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, I'm new to speed runs and looking at getting a mugen Gt7e for some speed runs. Just wondering what motor you have in your cars, brand, KV, size etc, and what gear ratio you run on the mugen? I don't think I'd firstly gear mine as high but something I would work up to.
Also am I correct in saying that the Castle XLX is probably the esc of choice here?
Any advice offered I'm happy to take.
Cheers
Trev
Australia
Old 08-16-2016, 06:24 AM
Tech Adept

Default Traxxas XO-1 Crash at 70 MPH

Originally Posted by MallenP30
Congrats! That is moving!

Originally Posted by Speedbird772
Hi, I'm new to speed runs and looking at getting a mugen Gt7e for some speed runs. Just wondering what motor you have in your cars, brand, KV, size etc, and what gear ratio you run on the mugen? I don't think I'd firstly gear mine as high but something I would work up to.
Also am I correct in saying that the Castle XLX is probably the esc of choice here?
Any advice offered I'm happy to take.
Cheers
Trev
Australia
Yes, go with the Castle XLX with the latest firmware update

Here is my update on my XO-1:

I was finally was able to take the car out but things did not end as well as I planned. It could have been a lot worse though.

Direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zceJOoHvEJk

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.