Where did the donate thead go??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where did the donate thead go??

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

I figure it this way, if you can't afford to do a hobby, then do not do it!!

imprsme- You forgot Marquez

Richard Marquez
Old 09-29-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gabe Boudreau

THE DOCTOR - I don't think that is his intention in any way. mikus doesn't state that he wants uncle sam to pay for anything. And no one is stealing anything. It is more like a gift.

C-Ya at the races!!!!

I never said that anyone was stealing just that if he thought that this was a great idea who knows what might pop into his head and also think that it was a great idea also.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikus
And your point is??? Are you Racist , And If so I sure hope you really arent sponsored by Corally as you signature indicates????

See, this is why I'd choose Texas over Cali, there are less uptight hippies (paradox, I know ) that are too PC to call it like they see it. Everybody wants a pretty euphimism to sugar coat the truth. Come on fella's, let's get real.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by imprsme
Yeah and they are all Garcia, Martinez, Rodriguez, Lopez, Santiago
You forgot Schwarzenegger

Old 09-29-2005, 08:43 PM
Suspended

Default CHECK OUT CHARLOTTERCCENTER.COM

INDOOR OFFROAD INDOOR TRACK
Old 09-29-2005, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
And you're calling who a racist ?

Since you're in Santa Barbara, you probably would not know this but over 50% of children enrolled in the Los Angeles county school district grades K-12 can not even speak English so perhaps you forgot to "study up".

Guess you ran out of ways to defend your buddies begging (or whatever politically correct term you want to use for a person "asking" other people to "give" him their hard earned money so he can go play at a "hobby").
And you obviously dont know me ,since I am a Mexican????
Old 09-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Suspended

Let me translate it into a simpler language. Since so many people think that Hispanic speaking people are dumb in this country, I will use their language to prove how super duper it is to know Spanish. From this point out, on this thread, I will post in only Spanish. If you continue to act a fool, I will be forced to unleash French on you, and we know how gullible them French are.

Be nice people, this will be the last English you will see from me on here. As soon as you feel superior, you just became inferior.

La manera la veo, los americanos que no desean aprender que una segunda lengua sea tirones gordos perezosos. He conseguido bastante bueno en el español. No mecanografié esto en español, sino la bastante elegante para tener un traductor en mi computadora. El que tengo gusto de utilizar es un programa real, pero para usted los monos apenas utilizaré la versión barata de los pescados de Babel. El pescado de Babel está libre, y si usted es bastante elegante que soy actividades bancarias que usted no es, usted puede descubrir cómo tener sentido de esto. La mayoría de la gente hispánica odia americanos blancos mullidos, hasta que ella realiza que usted sabe hablar español. Noventa por ciento de ella desean hablar inglés, pero el inglés es una lengua tan estúpida si usted no nació en ella. RC es diversión y goofing de mitad del tiempo que estoy encendido aquí. Usted los maniquíes se cae para él cada vez. A la gente que se parece como a mí encendido aquí yo salúdele. Toma tripa para decir que usted tiene gusto alguien tan polémico como soy. Asustan a los patrocinadores de mí. Soy demasiado aventurado ellos me digo. Las muchachas... todas son pollos.

Te amo todos. ¡Más que usted realizarán siempre!
Old 09-30-2005, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Let me translate it into a simpler language. Since so many people think that Hispanic speaking people are dumb in this country, I will use their language to prove how super duper it is to know Spanish. From this point out, on this thread, I will post in only Spanish. If you continue to act a fool, I will be forced to unleash French on you, and we know how gullible them French are.

Be nice people, this will be the last English you will see from me on here. As soon as you feel superior, you just became inferior.

La manera la veo, los americanos que no desean aprender que una segunda lengua sea tirones gordos perezosos. He conseguido bastante bueno en el español. No mecanografié esto en español, sino la bastante elegante para tener un traductor en mi computadora. El que tengo gusto de utilizar es un programa real, pero para usted los monos apenas utilizaré la versión barata de los pescados de Babel. El pescado de Babel está libre, y si usted es bastante elegante que soy actividades bancarias que usted no es, usted puede descubrir cómo tener sentido de esto. La mayoría de la gente hispánica odia americanos blancos mullidos, hasta que ella realiza que usted sabe hablar español. Noventa por ciento de ella desean hablar inglés, pero el inglés es una lengua tan estúpida si usted no nació en ella. RC es diversión y goofing de mitad del tiempo que estoy encendido aquí. Usted los maniquíes se cae para él cada vez. A la gente que se parece como a mí encendido aquí yo salúdele. Toma tripa para decir que usted tiene gusto alguien tan polémico como soy. Asustan a los patrocinadores de mí. Soy demasiado aventurado ellos me digo. Las muchachas... todas son pollos.

LOL. You got me there. Don't get me started on when you call CVS and they tell you to push one for English and two for Spanish.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikus
Hey Donkey Hole, get your facts straight, he has two jobs like most of us in California, Sure we could move to a ghetto state Like lets say Texas for instance, where you could buy 9 homes for the price of one out here. But then again you'd be living in Texas!!!! I usually read or listen before flaming, so study up buddy before bashin

And besides we all have something in common here, we all play with toy cars, some of us just seem to grow up!!!
Thats the most moronic thing I've read since being on this site.....
Old 09-30-2005, 08:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Man, online translators suck
Old 09-30-2005, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Gabe....
Cool if you want to beg....
Just don't use Katrina or Rita...or any other thing...Say you donate all the extra to your local church.
TO use a tragity to help your cause is my complaint...
It is a free country and if people feel lead to help your cause go for it..
I on the other hand will not...Why cause I have a hard enough time affording the gas to get to these races, not to mention the tires batts and everything else you need to be competative in this state.
But the truth of it is this...
HOBBY= n., pl.-bies. An activity or intrest pursued at one's leisure for enjoyment.
LEISURSE= n. Freedom from time-consuming duties or activities.

Neither are a manditory event. They are by definition a to be done during your free time. If you can not afford to pay for the items needed or to pay for the gas to make this race then don't. It is that simple.
I could not afford to make the IIC this year....Why, cause I did not save for it. Well that and the fact that my skill level hasn't afforded me the confidence to take on such a high level compitition. But yes I am saving for next year. Not posting for handouts.
Weather it be begging or plain soliciting both are annoying and a waste of the bandwidth that your are occupying.
I will donate to the people who have a....
NEED= n. 1. A lack of something REQUIRED.
-Shookie <><
Old 09-30-2005, 10:01 AM
Suspended

Shookie - Estoy alegre usted soy un hombre de la iglesia del niave. ¡Suena como usted no es ésa buena en competir con y eso es porqué usted no desea ir a las razas! I por otra parte puede ganar para igualar que atiendo, incluyendo los mundos si puedo ir. Usted no sabe sobre mi storied más allá y eso es obvio.

Stumper - usted es estúpido. Conduzca por favor su coche a un área del huracán y consiga más elegante. También pienso que su nombre debe ser insead "stumpy" del "stumper".

¡MiniCoooper - usted justo no los ama!

EL DOCTOR - L.O.L. ¡Usted sabe que es hermano divertido! Ésa es la dirección que voy a tomar este hilo de rosca. ¡Voy a mantenerla animada encendido aquí!

¡Mikus - vive de largo el hermano de la raza! ¡Orgullo marrón!

No tengo que trabajar hoy, así que estoy esperando para ir a la pista hasta más adelante cuando viene mi esposa a casa. ¡World Wide Web classy de la estancia!
Old 09-30-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Hey Gabe....
Cool if you want to beg....
Just don't use Katrina or Rita...or any other thing...Say you donate all the extra to your local church.
TO use a tragity to help your cause is my complaint...
It is a free country and if people feel lead to help your cause go for it..
I on the other hand will not...Why cause I have a hard enough time affording the gas to get to these races, not to mention the tires batts and everything else you need to be competative in this state.
But the truth of it is this...
HOBBY= n., pl.-bies. An activity or intrest pursued at one's leisure for enjoyment.
LEISURSE= n. Freedom from time-consuming duties or activities.

Neither are a manditory event. They are by definition a to be done during your free time. If you can not afford to pay for the items needed or to pay for the gas to make this race then don't. It is that simple.
I could not afford to make the IIC this year....Why, cause I did not save for it. Well that and the fact that my skill level hasn't afforded me the confidence to take on such a high level compitition. But yes I am saving for next year. Not posting for handouts.
Weather it be begging or plain soliciting both are annoying and a waste of the bandwidth that your are occupying.
I will donate to the people who have a....
NEED= n. 1. A lack of something REQUIRED.
-Shookie <><
HE ASKED FOR SPONSORSHIP PEOPLE
when someone asked what he would do with the extra money he said he would donate it,who needs it the most right now?the people of N.O. get off it.
it said clear as day im looking for sponsor ship,you will be listed as my sponsor if you donate to ME.

is there something wrong with asking for help?

does it truly matter how much money he has or had?

dont these things factor into wether you will donate or not?

if you saw what you thought was a homless man on the street and he asked you for money,is your first thought to berate him?
no,your choice is to give him some money or move on.

i think the biggest thing being lost here is you all are saying he used the hurricane as the reason for asking for the money and that is not the case.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:16 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by stevenmichael
HE ASKED FOR SPONSORSHIP PEOPLE
when someone asked what he would do with the extra money he said he would donate it,who needs it the most right now?the people of N.O. get off it.
it said clear as day im looking for sponsor ship,you will be listed as my sponsor if you donate to ME.

is there something wrong with asking for help?

does it truly matter how much money he has or had?

dont these things factor into whether you will donate or not?

if you saw what you thought was a homless man on the street and he asked you for money,is your first thought to berate him?
no,your choice is to give him some money or move on.

i think the biggest thing being lost here is you all are saying he used the hurricane as the reason for asking for the money and that is not the case.
I will post this in English so all you "lay men" can understand it clearly. Hee hee.

Ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner! I never used the hurricane to generate money. stevenmichael is 100% correct. I asked for sponsorship for the race in the form of cash, or parts. Same thing I used to do when I wasn't sponsored. Same thing 99% of you have done when you send in a resume to TL or AE, or whatever your favorite car manufacture is! "I am so dialed I won the tim buck two classic in sportsman novice class! Can you sponsor me? I want to race Ryan Cavaliri in the IFMARs!"

See the problem is this, most of you don't remember when I used to carry kinwald and hodapp's bag from the airport to the hotel. Those bags were really heavy! So maybe you should do some research of your own. Your money isn't being wasted on some guy that doesn't know how to 'get er done' on the track. Your sponsorship money is going to help win a fricken race! Why wouldn't you want to take part in that, when you know you don't have what it takes to win at anything!

Also, no one has pointed out that I am not trying to go to the ROAR Stock Nationals. I want to race the Reedy Truck Race because of a few reasons. One being that Jimmy Babcock is like the coolest owner of a track ever! Me and Jimmy go way back, and I would rather go to his race then to a race in AZ any day. Jimmy if you read this, I am sending in my entry form baby! Save me a pit spot where I can do what I want again!

www.hotrodhobbies.com - Log on and download entry form.
www.hotrodhobbies.com - Send in entry form if you want to race!
www.jimmybabcock.com - Go there and check it out, best racing PERIOD.
www.jimmybabcock.com - Give Jimmy Props on his 15 national championships!

Update: I have made it to the $400.00 mark, so NOW any more sponsored money will go to the hurricane. I have had 10 people give to the racing cause. So far ZERO have sent in for the hurricane which to me is sad!

stevenmichael thanks for clarifying a murky subject!

Last edited by Gabe Boudreau; 09-30-2005 at 10:24 AM. Reason: added more information to the mix