Wiki Posts
Search

2015 MOTORAMA US ELECTRIC OFF ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hellgrunt98
Hey guys this my first Motorama and out of state event, and I will be flying in from Wisconsin and was wondering how you guys transport lipo batteries? I would like to just bring them on the airline with me and the rest of my gear. I've done searches online with mixed results some saying yes you can bring them on aircraft and some saying no and everything else in between. I do have a place I could ship them, however if I could save the shipping cost that would be best. Any of you guys that are traveling to this event that could shed some concrete light onto this subject would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to February!
Shoot Ryan Lutz a message on Facebook. He is probably the most accessible pro in the hobby and would be happy to answer your questions, I'm sure. I think his page is called "Ryan Lutz Racing".
Old 12-15-2014, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Lutz is the guy to talk to, or any pro really for that matter. They all travel and know exactly what to do. That said, I think MIP Matt puts them in lipo sacs in his big ogio bags and is good to go. Make sure to keep each bag at or under 50lbs
Old 12-15-2014, 08:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i put my lipo + radio + cars in the overhead compartment. more info here - http://racerlog.com/wiki/Travel_With_RC_Gear
Old 12-15-2014, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Thumbs up Lipo and Air travel

Originally Posted by Hellgrunt98
Hey guys this my first Motorama and out of state event, and I will be flying in from Wisconsin and was wondering how you guys transport lipo batteries? I would like to just bring them on the airline with me and the rest of my gear. I've done searches online with mixed results some saying yes you can bring them on aircraft and some saying no and everything else in between. I do have a place I could ship them, however if I could save the shipping cost that would be best. Any of you guys that are traveling to this event that could shed some concrete light onto this subject would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to February!
Just some advice from my personal experience. The few times I flew via Jetblue or Virgin America to an event I put the lipo batteries in my carry on after I charged them in storage mode. Each airline actually has their own policy regarding lipo batteries so you might want to check the airline's website or give them a call. Generally, I would travel with them in a carry, in a lipo sack and in the original box if you still have it. Most airlines do not want lipo batteries in your check bags. Checked bags can get damaged easily and a damaged lipo could be a catastrophic issue. Just something to think about.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default 2015 Motorama

Do you have a finalized Entry list yet for both sides?
Old 12-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I haven't been given any more updates. So if you're not on there and should be, you need to contact Motorama directly.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Johnn27
Just some advice from my personal experience. The few times I flew via Jetblue or Virgin America to an event I put the lipo batteries in my carry on after I charged them in storage mode. Each airline actually has their own policy regarding lipo batteries so you might want to check the airline's website or give them a call. Generally, I would travel with them in a carry, in a lipo sack and in the original box if you still have it. Most airlines do not want lipo batteries in your check bags. Checked bags can get damaged easily and a damaged lipo could be a catastrophic issue. Just something to think about.
Hey guys thanks again for all the information, much appreciated.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Racers, if any of you have or know someone who has motorama tickets and is interested in selling them, please let me know. I unfortunately missed the deadline and I'm looking for an opportunity to attend. I'm looking for any of the following: 2wd Mod, 4wd Mod, eBuggy or eTruggy. Thanks.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Still looking for a big track ticket if anyone is selling? Pm me please and thank you
Old 12-17-2014, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

I too am still looking for two tickets for the small track. I am willing to cover the costs, plus the late fee for one. ANYONE that can help out, please, PM me.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
I too am still looking for two tickets for the small track. I am willing to cover the costs, plus the late fee for one. ANYONE that can help out, please, PM me.
Buddy you can just work for me that weekend to give you the motorama experience
Old 12-17-2014, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by thhrc
Buddy you can just work for me that weekend to give you the motorama experience
Yousofunneeeee.....
Old 12-18-2014, 05:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I recommend posting this link on the first post.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:34 PM
Tech Regular

I went last year to the small track, and was not too happy with what I saw....to be polite. Payed a tone of money to race on a barley drivable track. Other than the funny announcer the race was not worth the money or time. I hope the organizers do better this year for all of you that are going.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I found the track last year to be extremely fun and I loved the fact that it wasn't a perfectly smooth surface. There was plenty of grip as long as you had the right tires, and the changing track conditions throughout the weekend made things much more interesting for all racers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.