Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Railyard Hobbies Mini-Z Race Schedule, July-December... >

Railyard Hobbies Mini-Z Race Schedule, July-December...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Railyard Hobbies Mini-Z Race Schedule, July-December...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Railyard Hobbies Mini-Z Race Schedule, July-December...

Railyard Hobbies
1000 Heritage Drive
Elverson, PA 19520

https://www.railyardhobbies.com/

As to avoid confusion with the other threads out there, I'm putting this thread up for our races and events for our small scale on-road program at Railyard. As of now we have approximately 500 square feet of RCP track there for use. Railyard now has an excellent inventory of RTR kits, chassis and aftermarket racing grade parts as well!

The Rental track is always available for practice and tuning all business hours, and there is a fleet of rental Mini-Z available for practice and some pick up races as well! Inquire with the shop for fees that will apply.

Our club is more about the fun of RC racing and less about the drama! It does get just as serious sometimes but none of our crew are hotheads (well maybe one or two on rare occasions) and all of our racers are more than willing to help out with issues anywhere from tuning to purchases, even to driving tips! We've been having a great time at our new home at Railyard and we hope you'll join us for the best, most innovative scale of on-road racing out there!

We've confirmed the below schedule with Railyard through December. The dates below are when we will have the RCP track set up to race with our Club lap counting system and one or more of our club members will be on hand to help out with any issues.

The dates below are all Sundays, 11am to 6pm. We usually start our heats around 1pm - 2pm and start our mains around 3pm - 4pm.

I will update who plans to be there and who has attended as our schedule progresses. (asterisk designates dates past)

Schedule, July - December:

07/06: Ed, Larry, Al, Quinn, Gordon *

07/20: Al, Quinn, Ed *

08/03: Al, Larry, Ed, Quinn, Andy, Gordon, Chad, GK, AF *

08/24: Al, Eric, Larry, Ed, Quinn, Gordon, Andy, Mike *

09/14: Al, Eric, Larry, Ed, Mike *

10/5: Al, Larry, Eric, Mike, Andy, Ed, Gordon *

10/26: 20 racers from all over! *

11/9: Al, Ed, Gordon, Quinn, Henry *

11/23: Al, Larry, Gordon, Henry, Eric, Quinn, Ed *

12/14:

12/TBD:

Tech Regulations:

Racer (Closed Ratio):

6 or 7 tooth Pinion gear and Stock Differential only! (allowable to use locking collar on left side)
Kyosho chassis (MR01, MR015, MR02, MR03)
Iwaver chassis (01, 02M, 04M)
2WD only
Any mass produced, injection molded body for 1/28th scale racing.
No lexan bodies
86-102mm wheelbase
No open wheels
Any electronics
PN 70turn bag stock motors or factory box stock, no mods, break-ins and comm drops only
(4) NiMH AAA cells only

Racer (Open Ratio)

Any gearing
Kyosho chassis (MR01, MR015, MR02, MR03, MA010, MA015, MA020,)
Iwaver chassis (01, 02M, 04M)
Xmod chassis (Gen 1, Gen 2)
2WD or AWD
Any mass produced, injection molded body for 1/28th scale racing.
No lexan bodies
86-102mm wheelbase
No open wheels
Any electronics
PN 70turn bag stock motors or factory box stock, no mods, break-ins and comm drops only
(4) NiMH AAA cells only

Mod:

Any chassis, carbon or otherwise
2WD or AWD
Body scale must fall in or near 1/28th, lexan or injection
86-102mm wheelbase
No open wheels
Any motor (brushless included)
Rubber tires only (no high content silicone)
Any battery

F1:

Kyosho F1 chassis only (MF01, MF015)
Kyosho F1 bodies only
No lexan bodies
Any electronics
Aftermarket wings and front bumpers allowed
PN 70turn bag stock, Atomic 60turn bag stock or factory box stock, no mods, break-ins and comm drops only
Rubber tire only (no high content silicone)
(4) NiMH AAA cells only

*No traction compounds allowed in any classes! You may use water, rubbing alcohol or WD40 to clean tires between races.*

Transponders and lap counter services are included in the race fee. $10 race fee per driver on our club days. We use the GiroZ system for our club races and you can purchase your own GiroZ transponder from our club for $30. We do offer loaner transponders as well but if you get serious about racing these cars, always easier to have your own.

We have been out here at Railyard for around 6 months so far but we have been racing these cars for more than a decade! There's not much we don't know about this scale! Any questions, either stop by and check us out or PM me here and I'll do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Last edited by imxlr8ed; 12-01-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

*post reserved for possible event listings*
Old 07-11-2014, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

*post reserved for possible date modifications*
Old 07-16-2014, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dont forget guys, racing this Sunday (20th). Opens at 11:00.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Light day, very quiet except for the lap counter and the buzz of 130 motors.

Track was fast! The surface is coming up nicely and should be fully broken in by September. Mid to high 7 second laps is where you want to be! The PN 5 degree rear tires are really digging into the tiles somewhat better than the K20s. Our LM class cars are getting really consistent and our stockers are getting there fast.

Had a few people test drive and as always had a blast running the Zs!

Also... we went ahead and upgraded all of the shop's rental cars with full ball bearing sets to get some of the rolling resistance out of them and to keep them running smooth for everyone.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:56 PM
Tech Adept

Just moved to Downingtown, PA and would like to get into some Mini Z action. I am having trouble locating the exact address on Google Maps......Is the actual address of

100 Heritage Drive
Elverson, PA 19520

Correct address?
Old 07-29-2014, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian1
Just moved to Downingtown, PA and would like to get into some Mini Z action. I am having trouble locating the exact address on Google Maps......Is the actual address of

100 Heritage Drive
Elverson, PA 19520

Correct address?
Sorry, had 100 instead of 1000 up there!

We'll be there this Sunday the 3rd, look forward to seeing you there!
Old 07-30-2014, 07:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Looking forward to getting some racing in. Chad just said he will be there. Looks like a good turnout.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

See you guys tomorrow. Door's open at 11.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:20 AM
Tech Adept

Will there be gears (64 pitch)/tires/batteries(the good stuff) for sale at the store? I have not touch my Mini-Z for over 6 years (simply because I moved to places that had no MiNi-Z racing around) so my driving is rusty along with my equipment and parts.........But my love for the mini-Z never died.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Flyin Hawaiian1
Will there be gears (64 pitch)/tires/batteries(the good stuff) for sale at the store? I have not touch my Mini-Z for over 6 years (simply because I moved to places that had no MiNi-Z racing around) so my driving is rusty along with my equipment and parts.........But my love for the mini-Z never died.
They have a really well-stocked shop and if there is anything they don't have, we'll have it for you. We'll be there by 11 today and we usually go until 5 or 6. We'll get your gear up and running, the driving is up to you.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Excellent turnout today. New and old. Was a busy day and hope all enjoyed. Andy, good to meet you. We will get you what you need.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you all for making me feel very welcome. Thank you AL, Larry, and Ed for all your help guys. I had a great time indeed! What a great bunch of guys here in PA. I am so happy to be able to put my old mini Z back on the track after all these years.....I am looking forward to the next race for sure!!!
Old 08-04-2014, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks to all for a great day!

Just an update, our schedule shown above may be in conflict with upcoming Railyard events so I will post the new dates as soon as we get them all pinned down! (we are currently looking at the 24th of August as opposed to the 17th).

Andy... excellent to race with you! For running the car you did and to turn the laps you did... AMAZING! I think you are only about 2.4ghz away from leading our races! Sorry our schedule was a bit loose but since fun is our main priority, we sometimes get a little wacky with the classes, heats and mains. Either way, we always get our laps in!
Old 08-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Pics of our last race day.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.