Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Railyard Hobbies Mini-Z Race Schedule, July-December... >

Railyard Hobbies Mini-Z Race Schedule, July-December...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Railyard Hobbies Mini-Z Race Schedule, July-December...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok Ed....since you text me and asked...
I think the racer class is always and should be main class. All can run it. should be done maybe 80% of the day. Then i would run 7tooth/gear diff, LM 70T, MOD, F-1 maybe 2 or so races for the day. Just mix them in through out the day. That way nobody has much down time if you dont run that class. We need corner marshalls anyway.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lfisminiz
Ok Ed....since you text me and asked...
I think the racer class is always and should be main class. All can run it. should be done maybe 80% of the day. Then i would run 7tooth/gear diff, LM 70T, MOD, F-1 maybe 2 or so races for the day. Just mix them in through out the day. That way nobody has much down time if you dont run that class. We need corner marshalls anyway.
We will get a set schedule as soon as we get set racers, Open Ratio will always be our mainstay as it always has been but the Closed Ratio will be more of a fun class for all. it's a great starter class to buy a stock car, throw it down on the track and just drive the tires off the thing!

We will soon be following a fairly rigid schedule to get more classes out on the track, as we get more racers this will be a neccessity.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

Just confirmed the 24th with Railyard! Hoping that doesn't effect too many schedules but that day seems to work out for most!
Old 08-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Last day of my vacation....should be good.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dont forget to post on minizracer.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Just got my McLaren together for the closed ratio class. I was planning to run my 102mm LM for the duration but got nostalgic for a narrow car setup again. So, looking forward to Sunday (24th) and I would like to get 3 classes in throughout the day. Just dusted off my F1s as well and those tires need to be heated up once again soon!
Old 08-18-2014, 07:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ya, i agree. Get a couple of classes going. Im running a narrow street GTR in the 7T class. Its a little rocket.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Don't worry buddy, right there with you! It's the little Mac, not the big Mac! (your old cartoon network Mac). Wonder if Al is gonna test out some hatchbacks again?
Old 08-21-2014, 04:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Not sure what Al is running. He has been changing his mind on what....
Old 08-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is everything I need to get started available at the track?
Old 08-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chris Mcgovern
Is everything I need to get started available at the track?
Yes...

Paul has an excellent selection of RTR Sport models, ASF type chassis, Autoscale shells and all kinds of hopups. He even has a few F1 chassis parked on the shelves.

For now, the budget way to go would be to get one of the MR03 RTR Sport models, buy some 30 degree Kyosho front tires and some 20 degree Kyosho rears (or PN 5 or 6 degree rears work just as well on the shop track). You're pretty much set from there, especially to jump right into our Closed Ratio class

We'll be there Sunday (starting at 11am) and are more than willing to talk you through your best route to get you where you want to be. Remember... these cars have been around for more than a decade and there is a huge learning curve as to what works and what doesn't. It can be real confusing. Not only that but the amount of aftermarket options out there for these cars is staggering. Always better to consult before wasting money on items that may be incorrect for your needs or model of chassis.

Essentially though, at this scale of racing... tires are 80% of the setup and pure driver skill is what wins.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

See you guys tomorrow. Doors open at 11:00.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks again all for a fun day of tuning and a little racing!
Great to see Mike back for some racing, Andy is easily on his way even though he is still running an AM car but that will soon be remedied I'm sure! Al is on warp speed kick once again and it's well earned. Larry missed all the BS session after close but we'll get you next time.

Now, when is our next time running at Railyard? 7th or 14th of September? What works best for most? Post up or miss out.

Also, still working to get the home track fired back up again and once I want to know if anyone would be up for Thursday or Friday night racing once again. Post up ideas there as well.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

The 14th is the earliest for me. As far as your place...only when i have off from work the next day....gets to late.

Hopefully we got some of the guys more tuned.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:01 AM
Tech Rookie

14th works for me.
Guys time to break the 7sec lap barrier, who's up for 6.9sec challenge!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.