Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Railyard Hobbies Mini-Z Race Schedule, July-December... >

Railyard Hobbies Mini-Z Race Schedule, July-December...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Railyard Hobbies Mini-Z Race Schedule, July-December...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well... ok then.

Guess I'll just have to learn to race through all these tears.

Old 10-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dont forget guys, racing this Sunday!!!
Old 10-03-2014, 08:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Why don't we make a rule book and go off of that we should all just sit down and talk about what you can run in all the classes the publish it and when a new member wants to race we give that person the rule book and if you don't run by the rules you get disqualified for that race im not one to care I just show up when I can to have a little fun I
don't sit there and mess with my car like you guys do I just want to race and enjoy the hobbie to be honest I get more pissed when I have to sit there and work on my car I just want to race that's what its about having a good time I cant tell you how many times I wanted to throw my car across the room anyway that's my opinion on the subject
Old 10-03-2014, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

I think if you're not wanting to grenade you car into a wall, you are missing out on the awesomeness of rc racing!

I get it... and I'm in the strange position of being on both sides of the story here. I want to go faster but I know for a fact that when you start jacking these cars up for speed it will eventually become a bashfest. The Closed Ratio class is the way to avoid this. See, when I started racing these cars, they didn't make the kind of power they do now and it was much easier to learn how to drive them. Not only that but you had tighter traffic scenarios that taught you how to manage your lines better. Plus, less damage occurs at slower speeds so you shouldn't have to wrench as much. These cars are fairly indestructible compared to other types of RC but sometimes you can get an unlucky streak. Don't worry about it, I think you've got the gear now to avoid that.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Also...

The rules are posted in the first post. They are all loosely based on the HFAY rules I've written occasionally throughout the years. I am planning a final update after this Sunday and it will just be a minor clarification or two. No big deal because we are a small crew and we have the ability to do such things as we see fit.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Tech Rookie

I don't really mind that much if I have to wrench on the car its when I sit there half the day and I don't get any track time
Old 10-04-2014, 02:00 AM
Tech Regular

I consider your bad patch with the servo breakages to be a freak of MiniZ nature, but you've been well tested! We are now at the point where we have to get more organized with the race schedule, tuning runs is fine for 3 or 4 racers but now that we are growing the ranks a bit we gotta get on the ball... and we will!
Old 10-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by imxlr8ed
I consider your bad patch with the servo breakages to be a freak of MiniZ nature, but you've been well tested! We are now at the point where we have to get more organized with the race schedule, tuning runs is fine for 3 or 4 racers but now that we are growing the ranks a bit we gotta get on the ball... and we will!
I agree! DONT forget...racing tomorrow, doors open at 11:00. See you there.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Good amount of racing today. Hectic but good racing.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Heads up guys...next race date is October 26th. There should be guys comming from out of state to race with us. Would be a great time to come race with a bigger crowd of good racers!
Wont be able to run all classes but i would think 70T open ratio and mod for sure.
Doors open at 10:00. There will be a lunch break while the track is rented out for a party.....45 minutes or so.
Im sure Ed will have more to add as we go.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

For my crew...
For the 26th, if you can... please bring your own chairs and tables and cords. I'm gonna try to get some tables down there too. But for your own personal portable pit space... there are many yard sales out there to pick up an old card table to cart with to this one.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok guys...Reminder, this Sunday is race day. There will be out of towners stopping by to race with us. Try your best to make this one.
Just a reminder.....stock 70T classes mean stock motors and brushes.
Keep xtension cords in mind. If you have tables/chairs, wouldnt hurt to bring them. Ed will have more info on that as we go.
If you know your coming, let us know, to plan better.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Update, looks like parts and tires are re-stocked. Also looks like there should be enough tables and chairs.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

OK guys, remember, racing Sunday. It looks like the biggest turnout of the year. Alot of racers from out of town will be coming to race.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Doors open around 10:00. Bring extension cords. See you there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.