Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
1/5TH 1/8TH Chat at Wagner Park, Williamstown N.J. >

1/5TH 1/8TH Chat at Wagner Park, Williamstown N.J.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/5TH 1/8TH Chat at Wagner Park, Williamstown N.J.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 02:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default vta

will you guys be racing vintage trans am this summer thanks
Old 03-31-2014, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bmainmaxx
will you guys be racing vintage trans am this summer thanks
Yes indeed! I will be starting a new thread later this week, so look for it....
Old 04-03-2014, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Okay people. I'm ready to dive into the 2014 season....

Weather is starting to co-operate, so I wanna pick a date for a clean up/bash session at Wagner....

This will be for 1/10th and 1/5th scale....

I'm thinking either April 20th or April 27th....What date is best for you????
Old 04-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ray, pick a day and i will be there.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

Sounds good to me! What's needed in equipment for clean up day? tire #2
Old 04-08-2014, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by marcosmecha
Ray, pick a day and i will be there.
Originally Posted by passMeNdie
Sounds good to me! What's needed in equipment for clean up day? tire #2
I know it's short notice, but this Saturday the 12th should be a good day to meet at the track and start getting the 1/5th lanes worked on.....what say you????

I want to chalk out the new 1/5th lanes and paint the white borders to start....Then touch up the white borders on the 1/10th track....

I will pick up the supplies (paint/rollers) and accept donations to cover them....

Planning on getting there around 3pm....this Saturday April 14th

p.s. Bring your 1/5th scales so we can test a bit too....
Old 04-08-2014, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

New 2014 thread is here....See ya there....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...e-edition.html
Old 04-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Sorry it's my opening day can't make it.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Whosold
Sorry it's my opening day can't make it.
You guys start waaaay to early for me....I'm just waking up....
Old 04-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
I know it's short notice, but this Saturday the 12th should be a good day to meet at the track and start getting the 1/5th lanes worked on.....what say you????

I want to chalk out the new 1/5th lanes and paint the white borders to start....Then touch up the white borders on the 1/10th track....

I will pick up the supplies (paint/rollers) and accept donations to cover them....

Planning on getting there around 3pm....this Saturday April 14th

p.s. Bring your 1/5th scales so we can test a bit too....
Sounds good to me! I have a wedding Friday so I may be a bit slow Saturday, but I DO want to get to the track, and will be there (thanks God for the 3pm!) I just today dusted off the VTA car, (5th scale cars are good to go...I think?) painted a new body for it, and weighed it in at 1555g. I read in the USVTA rules that minimum weight this year is 1550g (so I'm VERY good!) I'm OLD, but I thought last year's weight was 1500g? I'll get on over to the New Thread and get stoked for this Saturday!
Old 04-15-2014, 04:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ran my new FG Sportsline 530 on Sunday at BD. Turned out to be a disaster. First problem was traction. The car was spinning out and doing 360s all over the track. I tried using a set of P Supreme super soft tires. This only inproved the sliding a little bit. Whats the best traction compound to apply to the stock tires to soften them up? The other 5th scale racers had the same problem. Why in the hell did they go with a 10th scale servo for throttle and brake? After 10 minutes of driving, the servo crapped out! My day was over. I found a 1/4 scale servo holder from Aeromarie that will fit into the stock spot. This will fix that problem. The track was just resealed the day before, mabey next time will be better. Also does anyone have setup specs for this car? I cant find that anywhere. When we ran the cars in BDS parking lot, the traction was great.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jones Auto
Ran my new FG Sportsline 530 on Sunday at BD. Turned out to be a disaster. First problem was traction. The car was spinning out and doing 360s all over the track. I tried using a set of P Supreme super soft tires. This only inproved the sliding a little bit. Whats the best traction compound to apply to the stock tires to soften them up? The other 5th scale racers had the same problem. Why in the hell did they go with a 10th scale servo for throttle and brake? After 10 minutes of driving, the servo crapped out! My day was over. I found a 1/4 scale servo holder from Aeromarie that will fit into the stock spot. This will fix that problem. The track was just resealed the day before, mabey next time will be better. Also does anyone have setup specs for this car? I cant find that anywhere. When we ran the cars in BDS parking lot, the traction was great.
Resealing a track will take some time to cure completely, and get some grip....Plus temperature will play a part....It will get better as time goes by, so don't worry too much about your car setup now....It will come around....
Old 04-15-2014, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jones Auto
Hey, was actually wondering how it went for you this weekend. The traction problem you were experiencing is typical for 1/5 at BD. The track must be treated with VHT to get our cars to drive properly since the track is very smooth (the rough surface of the parking lot explains the better traction). I raced at BD last year and I could not go pass 1/3 gas or my car will be spinning or hitting the walls. It is not common to add traction compounds to these cars but I guess that it will not hurt to try. I have 1/10th scale (Standard Size) servos on both of my 1/5 scale cars and never had an issue in 2.5 years of using them. I suggest that you get titanium gear servos or maybe you had a bad servo.
There is not setup guide that I know of for the Formula 1 or the Sedan. It maybe a bit frustrating at the beginning but you will figure it out. you should start with the factory settings and go from there.

Send me a PM with your number and I will give you a call later today.