Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012-13 Carpet racing at the "Coliseum"

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Guess Randy and I need to get on the same page about posting.

Doors open at 9am.

Last edited by rcdave1; 09-07-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason Harley
Super excited for tomorrow can't wait for the first race on the new track .
The groove came in really nice, laptimes are gradually dropping as traction comes up and gets more consistent. I think everybody is excited for tomorrow, Its gonna be a clash of the titans on the carpet!

On a side note, guys with the rubber type pit mats and non-slip mats, please be careful of the table closest to the bathroom as the paint is a little stickey and liked to take chunks out of the mats, the north table doesnt seem to be to bad but is also a little sticky. It is newer paint, I think there are plans to put a different kind of paint on the tables so they wont stick anymore but am not totally sure, never the less, we will be racing tomorrow, the track will be great and we will have an awesome time! see you guys in the A.M.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Friday's premier...

It was wonderful to see people at the pits yesterday getting that first feel of the carpet. Lots of smiles For our 'regulars' and the new guys - we ask that you help keep us consistent and everyone playing by the same rules. The employees know (and it's been posted track-side) that everyone needs to pay their race/practice fee and have either an employee or member of the council tech your vehicle before you run it on the track. We are checking ride height and tires so that we can do everything possible to protect your race surface. We'll also remind you about the SXT 3.0 compound. Not everyone coming through the doors is as experienced and needs some guidance. We'll initial your receipt and ask you to tape it to your pit space so we know someone has taken a quick peek at your vehicle. Besides safety that moment of tech gives you a chance to do a little bragging about that machine you've put so much hard work into For those that are new to us - Practice fees are $10 for all day/$5 for half day. Again, no price increases with the fantastic renovations! It's nearly 8 a.m. on Saturday and I'll have the doors open and lights on in an hour
Old 09-09-2012, 03:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Racing was fun yesterday. Thanks to all those that put so much time in the last couple of weeks to get the carpet installed, walls painted, lighting replaced, and new paint on the pit spaces!!

VTA hooked up pretty good. I just need to get my driving smoother and consistent. I know the three things that will improve that - 1. Practice, 2. Practice, and 3. Practice!!

21.5 TC is still a challenge for me. Set up tips for an XRay chassis on carpet would be most welcomed. I also know that I need to: 1. Practice, 2. Practice, and 3. Practice!!

Vance
Old 09-09-2012, 04:17 AM
Tech Addict

Location: 2.5 Miles South of Pentagon, Light years from reality
Default Thanks

- Many thanks to all of those who contributed to the revision/update of "The C".

- Special thanks to those on the race committee (Dave B., John C., Jamie and Joe Lo-Main)

Rod
Old 09-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Videos from the mains from Saturday's re-opening races. Sadly, video for the VTA Main was only 45 seconds, so I missed that one.

21.5 Sedan Main
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

17.5 Sedan B-Main
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

17.5 Sedan A-Main
+ YouTube Video
Old 09-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks for posting those video's Jeff, they look great! It was great to see so many people there for 17.5 full A and B main, thats great for the first day! It was good to see Danny, Arvin, and Steve there to race as well, Always fun to race with them. I have to personally give a big thanks to Rod Mitchel for calling the 17.5 A qualies and the main for me, without him im not I could have raced. Also to everyone else who came out to support the track on the first race day of our carpet season. There were many tight hard fought battles in the 17.5 class and im sure there will be in the other classes such as VTA and 21.5 TC as the classes pickup. The track will be open next week, however it is also John's tri-county race and I doubt we'll have enough to race so it will most likely just be a practice day. We will also be racing on thursday with our new thursday director in place, John Choi. So come join us thursday as well and show your support for him!

-Randy
Old 09-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Just wanted to thank everyone for coming out to the reopening race. We had 28 entries between 3 classes and I think everyone had a good time. The groove came in pretty quick and racing was good.

I want to especially thank Richard and Debbie in giving us the means to get our race program up and going and they have vowed to stand behind our program with whatever we need to keep our racers happy.

John will be running the thursday night program starting this week. Racing should start at 630pm. We will run 2 quailifiers and main.

Saturday is Johns mobile raceway's Tri-county race but the C will be open.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

The tri county race is this weekend sept 15th at JMR don't forget to go singe up on the tri county forum.
And are charity race is sept 22nd at Walmart the address is 7081 Arundel Mill cir Hanover MD 21076
Old 09-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Thursday night race program

I'm pleased to announce the return of the Thursday's "Gladiator Night at the Coliseum" race program. This program has been on hiatus for the past several weeks due to the renovation efforts at the track. The effort to bring these changes and improvements were led by the local racers who volunteered their time and expertise. Some notable changes worth mentioning are the installation of the CRC HD carpet, moving the transponder loop to the end of the straight, fixing and/or replacing faulty lights, and painting the walls, driver stand, pit tables, railings, and the announcer’s booth. I would like to thank everyone involved for a job well done!

The feedback from the racers on re-opening race day was positive and we are all excited and looking forward to the 2012/2013 indoor carpet season. In an effort to better support and protect the investments and improvements that were made to the facility, the council had to take a close and careful look into the classes that will be offered. Last week, David Banks announced the schedule, class list, rules for the Saturday race program. I will take this opportunity to do the same for the Thursday night race program.

1) The Thursday and Saturday race programs will offer and support the same classes and enforce the same rules. This information can be found on the first post of this thread or by clicking here.

2) Exclusive to the Thursday race program, we will offer and support a 2WD Stock Short Course Truck class. The rules for this class are listed below.

- 2WD SCT chassis only (4WD SCT platforms will not be allowed)
- OEM bumpers and side guards are required
- SCT specific bodies only (no open wheel bodies)
- Spec foam tires (Team Epic Foam SCT pre-mounts - in stock)
- Spec traction compound (SXT 3.0 - in stock)
- Minimum ride height of 20mm
- ESC must run non-ramping software (AKA "Blinky Mode")
- 17.5T Brushless motor (physical motor timing allowed)
- 2S LiPO / 6 cell
- No min/max weight / width / length restrictions

3) Track Address:

919 North East Street
Frederick, MD 21701
(301) 694 - 7395
(Please park in the rear of the building)

4) Race day is every Thursday evening between 6:00PM - 9:00PM (approx.)

5) Doors to the shop/track are open at 10:00AM and will be available for practice. Registration will close at 6:00PM and the 1st round of qualifiers will start promptly at 6:30PM. We will run 2 qualifiers and a main. We will re-sort and take 15min breaks between each round.

6) Entry fees for the first class is $10 and additional classes are $5.

7) House transponders are available and can be signed out for the race event.

We will run a Thursday night point series race in the Fall. Currently, I’m working with various vendors and manufacturers to lock in sponsorship support for this series. My desire and goal is to offer door prizes, giveaways, raffle items, and trophies during throughout the series. The schedule and detailed information for this series will be announced shortly.

I'm very excited to get the indoor season started and look forward to racing with everyone at the Coliseum.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Thursday nights

Cant wait to have the Thursday night program start up again hoping to see a good turn out of familiar and unfamiliar faces around the rug this week.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:24 AM
Tech Addict

VTA wheels, tires and SXT on the way.

Thursday will be the kick off of the new thursday night program. Racing should start around 6pm.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Default Thursday Night (9/13) Roll Call

Thursday Night (9/13) Roll Call

17.5 TC
1) John C
2) Manny
3) Randy
4) Dave
5) Mason
6) Will
7) Jeff
8) Mike M
9) Joe M
10) Joe T (tetantive)
11) Rod
12) Jack

21.5 TC
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

VTA
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

17.5 1/12 Pan
1) Manny
2) Joe M (tentative)
3) Joe T (tentative)
4)
5)

2WD Stock SCT
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Last edited by John.C; 09-11-2012 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Updating roll call
Old 09-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Addict

Rod Mitchell and Jack Smith will be their thursday night also John if you can update the roll call. To hard to do by phone!

Huge order of Xray parts have arrived today, Tamiya shouldn't be far behind. We also have associated and Top parts in stock.

Mini cooper parts on the way and I'm putting together a parts list for F1. Also I would like some suggestions on tires we should stock for F1 on carpet. You can let me know at the track or pm me.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcdave1
Rod Mitchell and Jack Smith will be their thursday night also John if you can update the roll call. To hard to do by phone!

Huge order of Xray parts have arrived today, Tamiya shouldn't be far behind. We also have associated and Top parts in stock.

Mini cooper parts on the way and I'm putting together a parts list for F1. Also I would like some suggestions on tires we should stock for F1 on carpet. You can let me know at the track or pm me.

Thanks
This Shimizu Racing tire combo mounted on Tamiya foam wheels appears to work best on carpet.

Front: F1-Soft (PS-0571)
Rear: R1-Hard (PS-0572)
Wheels: F104 wheel set (TAM51378 or TAM54400)

A complete list of the Shimizu tires are below:

Front
F1-Soft (PS-0571)
F1-Medium (PS-0573)
F3-Soft (PS-0574)
F3-Medium (PS-0577)

Rear
R1-Hard (PS-0572)
R1-Soft (PS-0575)
R3-Medium (PS-0578)
R3-Soft (PS-0579)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.