R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   11th Annual East Coast Race Against Cancer / Sept 14-16 / McCullough's RC Raceway (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/649719-11th-annual-east-coast-race-against-cancer-sept-14-16-mcculloughs-rc-raceway.html)

scrapsz 07-29-2012 08:54 AM

11th Annual East Coast Race Against Cancer / Sept 14-16 / McCullough's RC Raceway

http://home.comcast.net/~rc-driver/R..._2012_Logo.jpg

"Racing for a cause...Racing for a cure"

Racers Against Cancer Enterprises proudly announces the 11th Annual East Coast Race Against Cancer September 14th thru 16th at McCullough's RC Raceway in Sarver, PA. Over the past 11 years this event has raised over $54,000.00 for the American Cancer Society. Last year's race, despite inclement weather, set an amazing record with an $11,000 donation!

Race registration begins tomorrow, Monday 7/31. All prepaid entries by 8/27 will receive a free 2012 RAC T-Shirt (must include size). This year there are two ways to register for the race:

1. Print, complete, and mail the 2012 Race Entry form w/check or money order.
2. 2012 RAC on RCSignup.com now accepting PayPal payments. Note - We are a charity race, a slight increase has been factored into online payments.

Currently I'm working behind the scenes to secure corporate and RC industry sponsors for this year's race. RC companies, business owners, race teams, families, anyone who would like to sponsor the event or those with sponsorship leads, please contact me. As always, any sponsorship level or amount of support is welcome and greatly appreciated. This race is nothing without the generous support from our sponsors.

Sponsored racers - you're assistance would be greatly appreciated in the sponsorship effort. Download a copy of the 2012 RAC sponsorship information form and forward it to you team contacts along with a good word about our cause, the racing, and fun!

For those who want to help in other ways your time is also a welcome donation. Assist in promoting the race by distributing race flyers, spreading the word across forums, social media, word of mouth, etc. Help is also needed by participating in the RAC track build, facility preparation, and assisting even staff during the race weekend with grounds keeping duties.

More announcements will be made in the coming days, so subscribe to this thread and check it often. Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Thank you,
Scott Siegel
Racers Against Cancer Enterprises
Event Coordinator - East Coast Race Against Cancer
Email - [email protected]
Cell - 412.817.8004

Sgt Craig 07-29-2012 11:38 AM

Bump.Cant wait for this years RAC

Lee R 07-30-2012 04:52 AM

THIS YEAR SHOULD BE AWESOME.....

scrapsz 07-30-2012 07:19 AM

Sponsorship announcements...

Moody Sales (Polaris retailer in Mars, PA) continues their long time support as a Platinum sponsor. Special thank you to Scott Moody, the Moody family, and the entire team at Moody Sales.

Absolute Hobbyz continues their repeat support as a Platinum sponsor. Huge thanks to owner Joe Zatika and his team at Absolute Hobbyz.

Registration information...

1. Please be sure your RC Signup profile and/or race entry form is correct for all 3 frequencies. If you do not change this or only change the 1st in your profile, the default is FM - Brown. Last year we had around 7 or so non-DSM entries. We take DSM for granted but obviously it's very important we know who is non-DSM their true frequencies.

2. Ensure your t-shirt size is correct in your RC Signup profile and/or the race entry form. 3XL is the max size for RAC shirts, sorry...the cost is incrementally higher for each size over XL.

3. Include/confirm your transponder numbers in your profile and/or the race entry form. It's very important your transponders are accurate as it will greatly reduce delays on Sat morning prior to the start of qualifying.

3. Folks may pre-register on RC Signup, however payment must be received by 8/27 in order to receive the free t-shirt. I know many will want to register online and mail payment, that is fine...in fact preferred as it helps me greatly. However if you forget to send payment, I cannot provide a free shirt. For 2012, there will be LIMITED shirts available for purchase...probably less than 15 total.

More updates to follow...thanks!

spider882009 07-30-2012 09:04 AM

Yahoooeeee let's get this party started!!! Can't wait to run!!!

rrussell 07-30-2012 02:21 PM

Last year was a blast, this year should be killer......

B24 07-31-2012 01:28 PM

44 days and counting.

scrapsz 08-01-2012 04:15 AM

Sponsorship announcements...

PEMAR Auto Repair (Auto/truck service in Monroeville, PA) continues their long time support as a Platinum sponsor. Thank you Mike Speranza, his dad, and everyone at PEMAR for their sponsorship.

Team Losi Racing continues as a Platinum sponsor of the RAC. Huge thanks to Adam Drake and everyone at TLR for their long time sponsorship.

George's Heating and Cooling (Commercial/Residential HVAC Sales & Service in Bethel Park, PA) returns as a Platinum sponsor. Thank you to my good friend George Lai and his family for their support. Remember, need AC or heat...'let George do it'.

Stay tuned for more sponsorship announcements. Please do what you can to support our sponsors. Over the years, many have committed thousands of dollars to the cause. The least we can do is thank them by purchasing their products and services.

B24 08-02-2012 06:50 AM

42 days and the fun begins. Good people racing for a good cause.:):):)

Lee R 08-03-2012 07:36 AM

:cool:

Originally Posted by B24 (Post 11046308)
42 days and the fun begins. Good people racing for a good cause.:):):)

Sgt Craig 08-04-2012 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lee R (Post 11050725)
:cool:

Bump

spider882009 08-04-2012 04:22 PM

What's everyone plan on running???

ME:
1. Mod 4x4 SCT (E or Nitro)
2. Mod 2WD SCT
3. Mod 2WD Buggy
4. E-Buggy

Lee R 08-06-2012 06:45 AM

im running NITRO TRUGGY... LAST YEAR THIS CLAS WAS AWESOME TO WATCH... SHOULD BE BETTER TO RUN IN....

spider882009 08-07-2012 03:15 PM

Need some quick clarity: What are the stips between Pro-Buggy and Intermediate-Buggy???

Sgt Craig 08-07-2012 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by spider882009 (Post 11066777)
Need some quick clarity: What are the stips between Pro-Buggy and Intermediate-Buggy???

Pretty much if your sponsored Pro,if not intermediate.Im sure Scott can calrify it more.