R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   11th Annual East Coast Race Against Cancer / Sept 14-16 / McCullough's RC Raceway (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/649719-11th-annual-east-coast-race-against-cancer-sept-14-16-mcculloughs-rc-raceway.html)

B24 09-16-2012 05:16 PM

Over $15,000.00 raised. Thanks to Scott Seigel, Doug McCullough, and all of the volunteers and sponsors that made this race , once again, a great sucess. Thanks to Anthony Mazzara for your generosity, and it was very nice meeting you. Oh, and by the way it was one of our little compound that won your buggy.

Team T2C 09-16-2012 05:38 PM

any results?

great job on raising money

Landscaper 09-17-2012 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by B24 (Post 11217667)
Over $15,000.00 raised. Thanks to Scott Seigel, Doug McCullough, and all of the volunteers and sponsors that made this race , once again, a great sucess. Thanks to Anthony Mazzara for your generosity, and it was very nice meeting you. Oh, and by the way it was one of our little compound that won your buggy.

Make that $15,203.00 as we had a raffle at the ROAR region 2 Mid Atlantic Offroad Series Finals for an engine heater so we have $203.00 coming to you Scott.

spider882009 09-17-2012 07:15 AM

Thank You!!!

Originally Posted by B24 (Post 11217667)

Thank You to everyone for putting on a great event!!! Yeah our compound ate pretty good too!!! It was awesome being in there with you guys!!! Anthony thank you for the tips. We ever cross paths again Id like you to drive my SCTE-w/MIP to give me some tips!!! I know I need to get track time to get better.

Again THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!!! IT WAS A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scrapsz 09-21-2012 05:03 AM

Thanks for the kind words and compliments. Looking back one never expects a race to be as large and successful as the 2012 RAC. Oh sure we talked about a big turnout but with our struggling economy its tough to gauge the attendance or donation numbers. We simply did our best and hoped for positive results. Wow...210+ entries and $15,000 is simply amazing!

Huge thanks goes out to the McCullough and Rakarich families. The preparation for and execution of the RAC weekend, their tireless effort was outstanding! Kudos to Donna Zuka and her relay team for the food booth. They raised $993 profit for the ACS from the food sales alone!

My heartfelt thanks to all of our generous sponsors. This year we had more sponsorship than ever before. Over the years I've had the pleasure to work and befriend many of our sponsors. Their dedicated support to our cause is commendable. So be sure to look at the back of your RAC shirts and support those companies whenever possible. If you see or correspond with an RAC sponsor please thank them to contributing to our special cuase. Our race would be almost nothing if it wasn't for their outpouring of support.

Thank you to the racers, family members, and friends who attended the 2012 race. Participation is the backbone of the event. From the RAC veterans to the very first time attendees the consensus I heard was all about fun and the doing our part for the cause.

In closing we really appreciate everyone who helped in whatever way. This race is a coordinated effort of many volunteers. I'm already thinking about the 2013 RAC...only 51 weeks away!

scrapsz 09-21-2012 05:15 AM

Steve - thanks for the noble gesture of support to our cause, we truly appreciate it!

Anthony Mazzara - what can I say but THANK YOU for being an inspiration and for the magic you present both on and off the track. Congrats on your success and for truly making a difference. See you next year!

Sgt Craig 09-21-2012 05:34 PM

Thanks to Scott,Doug and everyone else for putting on such a fine event.It was my 3rd and best time I have had yet.Thanks to Anthony for raffleing the buggy,while I didnt win it,Kris did thus giving me a 1.0 Escale to run indoors.This event means so much to me and my wife after loosing her mom to cancer and shortly after her dad was diagnosed with colon cancer,hes in remission now and still fighting.Again Thank You!

600grant 09-22-2012 06:31 AM

Special thanks to Scott, Doug and to everyone that helped out to make this event another memorable one! Racing for a great cause! Can't wait till next year!

Landscaper 09-22-2012 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by scrapsz (Post 11236383)
Steve - thanks for the noble gesture of support to our cause, we truly appreciate it!

Anthony Mazzara - what can I say but THANK YOU for being an inspiration and for the magic you present both on and off the track. Congrats on your success and for truly making a difference. See you next year!

Anytime Scott I am glad the racers at the Roar Series Finals could help out such a good cause