Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HAWAII Pavement Pounders

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi, I am a visitor from Sydney, Australia.

I am in Waikiki for the next week.

Do you guys have a local hobby shop or do you all shop over the net?

I am looking for a local shop to have a look at.

Cheers
Scott

PS I heard about your drift night today, but I wish I knew sooner so I could bring a car......
Old 03-04-2005, 01:56 AM
Tech Master

We have seven hobby shops on the island of Oahu. Three of them(first three on the list) are well stocked and the others are so-so.

Hobbietat
Aloha Hobbies
TRCC
ACE
Advance Graphics
Sandy Flemings
Hobby Hole
Hobby company

Aloha and enjoy your stay!!
Old 03-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Freakah
Are you going to run in the champs? Or should I ask is your wife going to let you?
Old 03-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey THE OX...
Glad to see you're visiting our beautiful, hopefully sunny, state. There's an on-road race this Sunday near the airport if you're here by then. Then, there's an off-road race next Sunday at Barbers Point. The following weekend is our on-road championship (Saturday and Sunday) if you're still here. There's also guys that play at Iwalei Costco (drifters and more), the Navy Exchange (near the airport), and a lot of the parks thoughout the island. Hope you can make it to some of the shops and races.
Aloha and hope you have a nice and enjoyable visit to the islands!

Hey Freakah...
Hope you make it back to the on-road races. Miss your cheering!
Old 03-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for the replies guys.

I wont be able to make it to any races,but I hope to get a few of the shops.

Again thanks for your help.

Cheers,
The Ox
Old 03-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Buggy Master
Im2lazy, does hobbitat have the rrr 1 degree front hub? i'm thinking of trying it too. i just got done converting my fw-05r to the rr so i'll be chasing set ups this weekend.
Nopes... I tried ordering from RCMushroom.

And yes, KP, I only got the front RRR hubs. But they make a huge difference. I have the Mugen rear end, so I just stuck with that instead of going with Kyosho's supposedly weaker rear hubs because that takes more $$$ . Works great... so much better than the original rear hubs. And as for the RR conversion, I believe it is discontinued because Kyosho wants people to buy the RR instead of converting the many FW's out there already.
i don't have any experience with the r/rr but i do know that the rrr front hubs will have more steering throw than the stock fw hubs. i think the 1 and 2 degree hubs add additional caster respectively.
I was thinking that the 1 and 2 degree hubs had different ackerman changes than the stock knuckle, but I think you're right with the fact that these hubs change the caster because caster has never been a very subtle change when using those caster clips... they change the caster a little too much.

I'm getting ready to race...
Old 03-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Im2lazy...Thanks for the additional explanation and results. Might have to try that on my car.

There's talk of a test and tune day next Sunday for the on-road championship. Bummer for you off-road guys. Tough choice to make. Tomorrow's the deadline to register for the race.

I hope the weather is nice and we all have a great day of racing. Good luck to all!
Old 03-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Roberto you there??
Old 03-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Well another great day of racing! Weather was nice and the racing was fast, close, and not too furious. Looks like Buggy Master and Im2lazy got those mods working pretty well. Hopefully you'll give some insights as to what you did and what those changes did. Some of those new guys are really stepping it up. Glad to see StepPins and Freakah back and not missing a beat even with their long layoff. Can never get tired of Freakah's enthusiastic support. I hear that the test and tune session might not happen because of the lack of sign-ups despite a lot of raised hands during the meeting. Maybe the $5 did it in. Could have been great for pizza delivery. Oh well...
Old 03-08-2005, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Should be heading to Kakaako Park tomorrow night. Can't run my GT since I went head on into a parked tire. Nice and even kickup though. Working on shortening the wheelbase to be more like the Sprint cars. They seem to have more exit bite. Trying to work on an easy conversion for the GT so it's duplicatable if it works. Maybe I'll run my buggy with the monster truck guys.

Race was fun except for the last main when I experienced the tucked in stinger which oiled up the tire. Really rough trying to make the sweeper. Played with the rear droop which seemed to help my exiting problem. Not sure if shock angle had any effect. Tried my own version of the RRR front arm conversion and it added a tighter steering radius. Had problems coming out of the turn too tight and sometimes oversteering into the board. Gotta get used to the added steering. Maybe I'll add the RRR rear to my rubber car and see how that is. Gotta steal a set from Mr. M (hint if you're reading this!).
Old 03-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rskoncepts
Played with the rear droop which seemed to help my exiting problem.
More or less droop?

Speaking of stingers, Sunday's race I didn't bend my stinger, kinda shocked me
Old 03-08-2005, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I went from rear droop screws not touching to about 5mm. I think it was just rolling too much and causing it to unload the inside tire. Much better acceleration coming out of the turn.

Lucky you on the no bend stinger. And mine was a RDL pipe. Imagine if it was a Nova.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Hello I am planning to visit Maui in April, Does any one race 1/8th pan cars? like to maybe catch some in action, wife would kill me if I brought my own on "our vacation"
Old 03-10-2005, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rskoncepts

Lucky you on the no bend stinger. And mine was a RDL pipe. Imagine if it was a Nova.
Imagine if it was a Serpent$$$$$$$Still got a brand new 2182 pipe
Old 03-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Hello I am planning to visit Maui in April, Does any one race 1/8th pan cars? like to maybe catch some in action, wife would kill me if I brought my own on "our vacation"
The on road racing on Maui kind of died out. Offroad. The racers on Maui were the last to race 1/8th.
Leave your car and equipment at home. Enjoy your stay Maui. Don't think of r/c. Enjoy your vacation. Your wife will love you for it.
I can't remember the name of the hobby shop on Maui that was connected to the racing there...oh yeah, its Island Hobbies.
First time to Maui? Or the state?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.