Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HAWAII Pavement Pounders

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Last edited by rskoncepts; 07-15-2005 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Kakaako was fun as usual. Charlie made it out finally but was running old New Era drag foams on his sprinter. He found out why he wasn't using it on his drag car. No traction! He was able to break a dogbone anyway.

Got to run an old MT12. Still runs! Might try that instead of my old MR this weekend. Also started running my old but new TR. Boy, really no punch compared to the new stuff. Might try that this weekend too.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Boy it was hot yesterday...not as hot as Vegas,113f.

The smaller 1st gear pinion helped a lot but the cluch still seems to slip badly during the last main.

Not much racers showed up Still, had good time, finished early and went home to watch the drags.

Rsk did very good with his rubber car, 3rd in A. And Shane got into the A main driving his dad's RRR.

Oh well, won't make next race, got a grad party to go to.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Gotta correct that. 3rd qualifier. Popped a belt in the last main that took me out of contention. It's all about driving since I couldn't push too hard otherwise I would spin out. Did a lot of blocking the inside of the turns. The old TR with new P/S was pretty fast. I'm sure it got a little loose since I was just breaking it in after only 1 tank at Kakaako Park. It was amazingly cool for a TR. About 220 at the end of the race. Gotta work on my suspension setup more. Really showed when running next to all the foam cars. I don't know how Wayne ran so fast with rubbers.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:51 AM
Tech Master

I got to admit that I missed the race because I read Harry Potter instead... it was good, but racing sounded great too. I never put the car together, and at 4 am I realized I wouldn't be racing that day.
laters....
Old 07-19-2005, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Im2lazy...at least you were doing something that's good and not just sleeping. It was fun but it was very very hot. Neal came by to visit. Said he couldn't race because of some torn bicep. What a wimp! Nah, he even helped clean up. Hope he can make it back. We only had 2 heats but it was still fun.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok guys Ill be out in hawaii for about 3 weeks starting on the 26th. And I plan on racing. My Prospec should be here before the end of the week so Ill be able to take it with me. Do alot of places stock mugen parts. And what about tires. I know Jaco is realeasing the 2-stages this week and they'll be shipping out to distributers on thrusday, so I hope to grab a few pairs of them from ACE before I leave. So hows racing there? What kind of traction and what kind of track? Whats a good setup to run for a mtx-3?

Thank's
Old 07-19-2005, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Also where excatly do you guys race? Can someone give me directions from 2X Makalapa in Pearl Harbor.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Hey nsxshogun...Glad to hear you're coming out to race with us. We race every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month. I'm assuming you're coming out here on the 26th of this month which means our next race is on the 7th of August. The track is located just past the airport coming from your side. If you stay on Nimitz Highway and turn right on Lagoon Drive (past all the car lots) toward the ocean. You'll past UPS, FEDEX, Sky Chefs, and Continental. Turn right at Iako Street and it's the first driveway on the left (HCC School). We're there from aoubt 8:30am to setup.

Our track is probably a medium to high bite track. The straight is about 220'+ with a semi technical infield. We run both foam and rubber tire classes with 2-4 minute qualifiers and 3-5 minute mains. I welcome any other's input on this info. Most guys that have come really just set up their car when they get there.

Any other questions, just ask. I'm sure others on this forum will gladly answer.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok Thanks Ill definatly try to make it out there. Any thing else going on between the 26th and the 7th? Anyone bashing around anytime just let me know. Also I think its TRCC thats real close to where Ill be, do they sell Trinity monster 25%. Also what about tires I was going to order some from ACE before I left but I don't know if anywhere on the island had some good rates.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

I'm sure guys will be out at Barbers Point (Off-Road) during the weekend and probably during the week. And of course there are the parking lot bashers at the Navy Exchange, Iwalei Costco, and Kakaako Park. Not sure what TRCC has but there are several places here that you can check out. Sandy Flemmings and ACE in Pearl City, Aloha Hobbies in 99 Ranch Marketplace, and Hobbietat in Kaimuki are the main places to go. You gotta check around for pricing. Normally things are higher in Hawaii than on the mainland depending on where you come from.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

One more queston.....

Whos got some extra table space for a brotha?
Old 07-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

We actually have extra tables and chairs in our trailer/drivers stand just for this occasion. I'm sure you can squeeze in with someone. You'll need ROAR, transponder ($10 rental), and $10 per class entry fee.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yea I just really need a corner of a table. I don't have that much stuff. I'm sure someone can give me a bump.

What kind of rubber's , , do you guys use. The class isn't to big where I am.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Vacation in Hawaii

I'm heading out for a Hawaii cruise, we have "full day stops" at various islands, I won't have time to race or anything, and not sure if I'll even have time to check out any races/hobby shops (as the wife has our excursions and such planned), but just in case, is there anything going on these days:

Sunday 07/24 - Hawaii, Hilo
Monday 07/25 - Lanai
Tuesday 07/26 - Maui
Wednesday 07/27 - Hawaii, Kona
Thursday 07/28 - Friday 07/29 - Kawai
Saturday 07/30 - Sunday 07/31 - Ouahu

...and sorry about the spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.