Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
The One Eighth Racers of Toledo 2012 thread. >

The One Eighth Racers of Toledo 2012 thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The One Eighth Racers of Toledo 2012 thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 03:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Weather looks dry for todays test n tune. They are calling for 25 mph winds though so bring some duct tape for your hats. I will be out there are 2:30 after we finish up the weak signals show.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Weak Signanls Show Booth

By the way, had a great time "helping" at the Toledo Weak Signals show Friday and yesterday! The club guys did a great job getting a booth set up on very short notice and we had lots of people stopping by to talk and expect to have some check out the racing and maybe join in!

Good Job, Guys!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

I woukd like to report that the weak signals show was a hit for us. I was shocked how many people stopped by and asked questions. My guess is 1 out of 5 people that stopped were suprized to find out that the track is in Northwood Ohio. Most of them saw the video and figured it was in CA. We are guessing we had 100 to 125 schedules walk away from our table. I think we should be there next year also!

Ned Schmaltz or SchmUltz, Mike Richey, Dave & Jon Strausbaugh, Lon Sr., Ted Hammer, Jeff Zuccerral, Marvin Davis, all made the show happen for us! Thanks Guys!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default agree!

Great job Boys! Watching people's reaction to the track being just 5 miles away was fun! One of the best kept secrets I guess! There were some lost rc racers out there that might find their way back, we can hope! It was fun talking to them just the same.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

This sundays race has been changed to a test n tune since the temp is going to be in the 30's in the A.M. so bring your jackets and cars. We are going to set up the scoring system and make sure everything is in good working order.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
This sundays race has been changed to a test n tune since the temp is going to be in the 30's in the A.M. so bring your jackets and cars. We are going to set up the scoring system and make sure everything is in good working order.
Sounds like temps like the Fort Myers FORGASS race LOL.
See you guys on the 29th then.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bmclean
Sounds like temps like the Fort Myers FORGASS race LOL.
See you guys on the 29th then.
Boo!!! You should come down so we can swap notes.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default SUNDAY!!!!

I guess since Sunday is another T&T, I'll head home Saturday...;-(

Thanks for everything guys! Hope to see y'all for the MWS in May.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Headed out to the track to spray down the goodness for tomorrow. I hope to see everyone tomorrow!
Old 04-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Sounds like a few of us will be at the track today around 1pm. Matt bring your car and fresh motor. I will be happy to keep leaning it out for you. No one can turn a screw clockwise faster or further than the II.

As for the Capricorn I stayed with Bill McLEAN in FL and pitted with Bill on my left and Ted infront of me. I guess the fancy red parts grew on me.
Lon,

You and I will have a sit down in the near future to discuss this blasphemy of yours.

All the Best Buddy!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Test n tune went well yesterday. The pan car class laid down the most laps of anyone I think. Temps where cold but atleast the wind was super high. lol

Alex I'm always willing to have a sit down with you.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Test n tune went well yesterday. The pan car class laid down the most laps of anyone I think. Temps where cold but atleast the wind was super high. lol

Alex I'm always willing to have a sit down with you.
i'm checking temps before i drive down this weekend. not doing that cold routine again, before you sling the canadian jokes it was warmer at my house when i got home. besides i need too get these starter box issues sorted and get a car as nice as iii has !!
Old 04-26-2012, 01:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Weather is looking bad if we want to follow our 50 deg F by 11am rule. The temps are going to be close (50 by noon'ish) and the wind is going to be half what it was last weekend so I vote we have our first race. If we didn't host the first Midwest Series race I wouldn't be to worried about it but we really need to atleast get one race in before the MWS race.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lon

TWC says a high of 57 and mostly sunny, as long as its not to windy I will come over for the day. I will decide for sure probably on Friday after looking at the forecast.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well let me know Bill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.