Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa >

The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa

The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa

Old 10-23-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE COMPOUND
Yes once we are up and running good, thinking about Thursday night races.
Awesome, once you guys are up and running i will be up to check it out..
Old 10-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default update

Well about 25% of the track is laid, tilled, and rolled...its like watching paint dry(pictured below). It doesn't seem like a lot but, the clay mixture is pretty much unforgiving...

I have the entire back section formed. It's getting there, but it is a pain in the neck to get it to dry so I can continue working it.

I feel your pain driving 3+ hours to race. We use to do that every weekend to either Barnstormers or Glenwood indoor(both great places). No matter what we race(supermoto/harescrambles/rally/tough mudder/RC) it is always seems about three hours away.

We will see how the crowds are and have our schedule to accommodate what the racers need.

Thanks,
The Compound
Attached Thumbnails The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa-imag0298.jpg  
Old 10-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

glad to see there is another track being laid out. not too far from myself and a few others in the area. i will be watching this thread to see when you are up and running and maybe i can drag some guys from here to make the trip over.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 99 (99%+)

Is this going to be a winter venue only or will it be run year round?
Old 10-26-2011, 12:24 AM
Tech Regular

Default update

Well guys and gals this is an update of track status(pictured below). I have about 75% of the clay base down; I need to till in the top soil mix, wet it, roll it, and wait. It's getting closer...

We do plan on running year-round and plan on running a wide variety of 1/10 scale electric classes.

From Wellsboro, Pa your about an hour(that's how long it takes us to get to the fairgrounds for STPR). Hope to see you there.

Thanks,
The Compound
Attached Thumbnails The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa-imag0317.jpg  
Old 10-26-2011, 07:34 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Looks like it is coming along. Yeah moving we clay sucks. I remember moving it at Bumps when we first opened and like you said its like watching paint day. Its also heavy to move around and once packed down its like asphalt to dig back up without a nice sized Bobcat. The good thing is once your layout is set your good to go and since it packs nice you won't have it blowing out all the time.

So an hour from Wellsboro. My uncle has a place dead center betweek Wellsboro and Galton. Time to eat at the Wellsboro Diner again.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

can you tell me what the size of the track is, how wide the lanes will be and if you are planning to have electric in the pit area. i think i saw a post about pit tables/benches being built.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gmplus3
can you tell me what the size of the track is, how wide the lanes will be and if you are planning to have electric in the pit area. i think i saw a post about pit tables/benches being built.
Yeah for sure. We are making tons of pit space with an outlet for every station and a top rail to put your vehicle, nothing worse than cramped pits. The track is 65'x40' with 5'6" lanes.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default pits

Originally Posted by THE COMPOUND
Yeah for sure. We are making tons of pit space with an outlet for every station and a top rail to put your vehicle, nothing worse than cramped pits. The track is 65'x40' with 5'6" lanes.
To go a little more indepth on the pits...

We have made over 50 individual pit tables. The individual spots are four feet wide and almost two feet deep. As stated each spot has its own outlet. Plenty of room.

The Compound
Old 10-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

do you have any idea what you will be charging for race fees. how much per class and if the fees are the same for kids or not. also if you think there will be a kids class or if they will just run in the novice class. i have an 8yr old that raced with us this past season with the adults so its kinda nice to know what i will be doing with him on race day. what type ( if any) scoring system will you be using? will there be house transponders or are personals required? sorry about all the questions

thanks

brian

Last edited by gmplus3; 10-28-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gmplus3
do you have any idea what you will be charging for race fees. how much per class and if the fees are the same for kids or not. also if you think there will be a kids class or if they will just run in the novice class. i have an 8yr old that raced with us this past season with the adults so its kinda nice to know what i will be doing with him on race day. what type ( if any) scoring system will you be using? will there be house transponders or are personals required? sorry about all the questions

thanks

brian
Brian,

We will charging $15 for first class and $10 for each additional classes for race days/nights. Practice it will $10 for as many kits as you want for the duration of practice that day. We have novice class however, we dont have a kids class yet but, if there are enough kids then there will be a kids class, obviously we havent talked about a kids class entry fee. We will be running amb(rc3) for a transponder system and rc scoring pro for software. We currently have 12 house transponders which are included in the entry fee. I would perfer more personal transponders. I hope this answers all of your questions. Feel free to ask away.

Thanks,
The Compound
Old 10-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Here are a few updated pictures taken at 3am this morning.
Attached Thumbnails The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa-2011-10-30_02-21-05_297.jpg  
Old 10-31-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default Motorama 2012 registration is open

Hey guys Motorama 2012 registration is open. Sign up soon because I think it will fill up quick. It sucks that the price went up, and you only can run three classes this year; its still a badass event.

Then we can all beat each other up at the Compound before and after rama!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default track update

I just wanted to let you know that all of the clay is in and the last of the top soil mix is ready to be laid down. We are getting closer.
Attached Thumbnails The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa-imag0327.jpg  
Old 11-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

looks like it is coming along well! you still planning on the second week of Nov for the first race? what days do you plan on running and what are the times you are thinking? i'm all signed up for Motorama as well. it will be my first time there and it looks like a blast. hoping to get some racin in at the Compound with a new group of people to gear up for MR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.