Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa >

The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa

The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa

Old 11-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gmplus3
looks like it is coming along well! you still planning on the second week of Nov for the first race? what days do you plan on running and what are the times you are thinking? i'm all signed up for Motorama as well. it will be my first time there and it looks like a blast. hoping to get some racin in at the Compound with a new group of people to gear up for MR.
We are hoping we can get this place together and dry before the 20th. Drying the clay mixture out is going to be our biggest hurdle. We have everything we need otherwise. The first night(race or practice) we will have stock sct(RTR[looks like we may have to make up a 17.5 stock class for rama., I have an email into Mr. Ernst]), 2wd sct open(mod.), 4wd sct open(mod.), and 2wd buggy(depending on turn out stock or mod).

The times we are thinking is depending on the day that we get the track open so that everyone can run on it. The sooner the better. Basically as soon as the track is ready and we will post on here to hold a race asap after that post.

What classes did you sign up for at Rama? How many people are going down with you?

Last year was our first Rama, although the organization on the electric side was less than adequate we still had a blast. With Mr. Ernst running it this year it will go as good as the nitro side did last year and maybe better. You'll have fun.

What days and times work for you guys the best as far as races?

Thanks,
The Compound
Old 11-06-2011, 01:35 AM
Tech Regular

Update.

Wall ride is up and running.

One more corner to shape before tilling to make all of the soil as consistent as possible.

Almost one full lap in with the 2wd buggy tonight...

The Compound
Attached Thumbnails The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa-imag0335.jpg  
Old 11-06-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

dekar, TRACK IS LOOKING GREAT!!!!!

myself and one other guy has signed up for mod 2wd and mod 4x4 sct. plus one more has signed up for mod 4x4 sct. times that work best for myself is mostly saturday and sunday. its hard for me to get over there during the week as i have a busy schedule and would not be able to make it much. i also have an 8yr old who likes to race as well and those days work for him too. i was wondering what your thoughts are on the losi scb? we ran those with the mod 2wd sct's this past season and i was wondering what you guys think about that? its my sons buggy and i just need to figure out if there is a place for that buggy over there or not. let me know. thanks

brian
Old 11-06-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gmplus3
dekar, TRACK IS LOOKING GREAT!!!!!

myself and one other guy has signed up for mod 2wd and mod 4x4 sct. plus one more has signed up for mod 4x4 sct. times that work best for myself is mostly saturday and sunday. its hard for me to get over there during the week as i have a busy schedule and would not be able to make it much. i also have an 8yr old who likes to race as well and those days work for him too. i was wondering what your thoughts are on the losi scb? we ran those with the mod 2wd sct's this past season and i was wondering what you guys think about that? its my sons buggy and i just need to figure out if there is a place for that buggy over there or not. let me know. thanks

brian
Brian,

Most of our crew is signed up for 2wd mod and 4wd mod as well as another class. I'm waiting to hear the rest of the rules on the "stock" sct class.

We are definitely planning on racing on Sundays. So you and your boy, him especially, are good to go there. I am hoping with the amount of questions I have had about a kids class that there will be enough to have one, that would be awesome.

Pretty much if it doesn't smoke, nitro, and it is tenth scale The Compound has a place for it. We plan on getting crawling area going over here too. We were just talking about getting a couple of SCB to race at Rama because both of our third classes just don't sound as much fun as SCB. More than likely we will have our own class in the near future for them.

Any more questions ask,

The Compound
Old 11-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thanks for your reply. i have to say that when the kids all race together it is a lot of fun to watch. as long as mine isnt breakin stuff that is. lol.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 99 (99%+)

Track looks like it's coming along great, looking forward to making it up there with Brian.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default update

Attached is a picture of the five pack out of the wall ride and a short straight away going into the wall ride. Now the worst part waiting for it to dry...

I ran my stock 2wd buggy around the track today before tilling and rolling and my fastest lap was 31 seconds...the track was loose. The stock, like rtr stock, was 34 at his fastest lap. So this wont be a 14-19 sec track like most small indoor.

Thanks,
The Compound
Attached Thumbnails The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa-imag0345.jpg  
Old 11-08-2011, 02:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by isarctard
Track looks like it's coming along great, looking forward to making it up there with Brian.
Thanks, Look forward to seeing you guys...it's getting closer!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I'll be looking forward to coming out sometime to check this place out.keep us all posted on the progress.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default update

Hey guys,

I have the front straight tilled and rolled, picture attached.

Don't mind our shitty carpet hanging over the stub wall...it's just to keep the heat in the track area so everything dries faster.

The Compound
Attached Thumbnails The Compound! New track in Northeastern Pa-imag0349.jpg  
Old 11-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by morris
I'll be looking forward to coming out sometime to check this place out.keep us all posted on the progress.

That's cool, your about an hour and 45 mins to 2 hours depending on how you drive and the Gas traffic.

Do you have a indoor off road track you go to now?

I'll do what I can to keep you guys updated.

The Compound
Old 11-09-2011, 12:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dekar058
That's cool, your about an hour and 45 mins to 2 hours depending on how you drive and the Gas traffic.

Do you have a indoor off road track you go to now?

I'll do what I can to keep you guys updated.

The Compound
Bumps n jumps is my closest indoor dirt off road..about a 2 hr drive for me.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default +1

looking forward to it also!
closed indoor track to me period.not that i mind traveling

I-Zuk
Old 11-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'll make the trip...just about 2 hours for me
Old 11-11-2011, 03:43 AM
Tech Adept

Looks like a good time... Our crew will have to give it a try in the near future!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.