Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Hobby Stop West Raceway New Tamiya F1 class!! >

Hobby Stop West Raceway New Tamiya F1 class!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobby Stop West Raceway New Tamiya F1 class!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Figures I'd get sick the day of the race! I'm so bummed. Hope everyone had a good time...
Old 03-19-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sorry you were not feeling well, would have been great to have more F1's!!

BUT... it was probably for the better, we only got in 2 rounds of qualifying and the mains did not finish until after 7!!!!! It was an extremely long day; granted we had more racers today because people from Cleveland and Detroit came to play. Rather embarrassing program length (10 minutes in between races uggg!) but racing was fun... when you finally got to the track.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nrtv20
Sorry you were not feeling well, would have been great to have more F1's!!

BUT... it was probably for the better, we only got in 2 rounds of qualifying and the mains did not finish until after 7!!!!! It was an extremely long day; granted we had more racers today because people from Cleveland and Detroit came to play. Rather embarrassing program length (10 minutes in between races uggg!) but racing was fun... when you finally got to the track.
Why was there a 10 min gap?

Sorry I didn't make it out but the walleye bite is on and its too nice outside to sit indoors and wait 10 minutes between heats.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

Rather embarrassing program length (10 minutes in between races uggg!) but racing was fun... when you finally got to the track.
I'm sorry but there were no ten minute breaks between heats and with 84 entries the program ran very smoothly. We had 14 heats so with two qualifiers and combining some of the Mains we ran 40 races in approximately 8 hours. The only break(@ 20 minutes) was when we sorted the mains.

We ran with 4 minutes between heats and most were started before that time as soon as racers were checked in and marshals were in place. We started right on time so I don't understand why you'd say what you are saying.

You guys have a habit of spreading false information about things on the forums and it puts a negative light on the track.

Yes it was a big race and we had 14 heats to run. We only got to run two qualifiers in and had to run the Mains so that people from Cleveland, Detroit, etc could get home at a decent hour.

I'm not embarrassed at all about the way that I ran the race. If it was not up to your standards then I'll be glad to let you run the races next week if you think that you can do better.

Pat Falgout
Owner
Hobby Stop West Raceway
2676 Woodville Road #3
Northwood, OH 43619
419-471-1108
[email protected]
Old 03-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hswest
I'm sorry but there were no ten minute breaks between heats and with 84 entries the program ran very smoothly. We had 14 heats so with two qualifiers and combining some of the Mains we ran 40 races in approximately 8 hours. The only break(@ 20 minutes) was when we sorted the mains.

We ran with 4 minutes between heats and most were started before that time as soon as racers were checked in and marshals were in place. We started right on time so I don't understand why you'd say what you are saying.

You guys have a habit of spreading false information about things on the forums and it puts a negative light on the track.

Yes it was a big race and we had 14 heats to run. We only got to run two qualifiers in and had to run the Mains so that people from Cleveland, Detroit, etc could get home at a decent hour.

I'm not embarrassed at all about the way that I ran the race. If it was not up to your standards then I'll be glad to let you run the races next week if you think that you can do better.

Pat Falgout
Owner
Hobby Stop West Raceway
2676 Woodville Road #3
Northwood, OH 43619
419-471-1108
[email protected]
Pat, I’m not trying to kill the track; I appreciate being able to race there and will continue to support the track and race as much as I can because I love the sport. I consider Woodville to be my home track and have so for over 10 years. I don’t want to get into a pissing match about who can do better running a program, I will watch my tone on forums post for the betterment of the track, but I will voice my opinion just this once…. So after taking this with a grain of salt, here are my views:

You stated yourself at the drivers meeting, you wanted 3 minutes in between heats; we averaged 6 (8 hrs./40 races); that’s practically a whole race distance, just cutting that down by about 1-1/2 minutes gives you a just about an hour off of a program of 2 rounds and a main. If we could have managed the 3 minutes in between heats and raced 3 rounds and a main and started at 11am we would have been done by the same time; 7:30pm. I know from racing for 20 years that it is hard to run 3 minutes between races at a ‘club’ event, the gold standard is 2 minutes and 1 minute bereavement as needed but that’s to get a national even pushed through. I know we’ve complained about the carpet, the layouts and/or non-traditional classes that might run here and there but the real burden is WAITING, it’s what is painful.

Again, I’m not trying to bash Hobby Stop West’s track; I/we want to help you out and make it a professionally operated track that anyone would be proud to race at. If I could give any advice I would say push the drivers to be ready to go on the stand, push to get marshals and ride the microphone to make people alert as to what is going on as to push push push the participants to be ready. There is a reason why people hire announces, they are like a DJ at a wedding; without them it goes no where.

Good luck and see you this weekend.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Nick for your post! Did not mean to be confrontational but wanted to set the record straight about the times between heats.

I realize your frustration, as I have it also about people being ready for their races and marshals not at their positions.

I do appreciate the Formula One racers being ready to hit the drivers stand as soon as the other drivers exit the scene and have been trying to educate our new racers about how races are run.

I want everyone to come out and have a good time. But I also want to know if anyone is not happy with the program. Being honest and letting me know if you're unhappy is a good thing. I will continue to strive to provide the best racing program I can for the guys/gals that come to my track. Without happy, helpful, friendly racers we'd all be doing yardwork!

Thanks,

Pat Falgout
Owner
Hobby Stop West Raceway
2676 Woodville Road #3
Northwood, OH 43619
419-471-1108
[email protected]
Old 03-20-2012, 03:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The day was pretty busy for this old man. Running 3 classes, marshalling, running/announcing races and trying to keep the track arranged. An average of 5 minutes between races(considering a 20 minute break before the mains) is not bad. There would be much more complaining if marshalls were not in place or the track was all messed up or people were joining the race in progress or entry fees increased to pay for more hired people to help run the race. Running 84 cars with 3-4 cars in some races and making the raceday enjoyable for the majority is not gonna happen much quicker.

I hope and think most had a good time. That's about all you can do.

Positive posts with good ideas are always helpful and encouraging.

How about making all qualifiers 5 minutes to save around a hour/q round?

How about starting at 9-10AM?

I am very happy that JLap cooperated. More racers/transponders are now in the system to make things faster next time.

klunk
Old 03-20-2012, 03:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Why was there a 10 min gap?

Sorry I didn't make it out but the walleye bite is on and its too nice outside to sit indoors and wait 10 minutes between heats.
OUCH!

Outdoor racin soon to start where all is perfect.

Can we please reset and start over?

klunk
Old 03-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Nice to see so many racers come out and enjoy some racing.

Couple of opportunities:
First - All transponders need to be stored in J-lap before the heats - Mains start. NO where else (different race tracks) spends the time having cars check in after the warm up and before they start races as we do. That right there would save 1 plus minutes per heat. Not that tough to do. Put a spot on sign up sheet for the cars transponder. Three minutes would be good between heats. More than three minutes and the marshalls wonder down to Taco Bell and order lunch before they need to be in position and we have to call for Marshalls.

Second: We really do not race that many 1/18th scale cars, but yet the track is way to narrow for the majority of cars which are 1/10th scale. I was getting a little embarrased about what to explain to the out of town racers at last weekend race on why our track is the way it is. Think 4 or 5 racers brought it up thru out the day.

We need to work harder at wanting to have people come and race or stay racing. Notice quit a few of the newer racers bailing out. Racers have always come and gone.

Right now Toledo has has a very nice spot to go RC racing. Warm and well light, plus a good number of racers (the most important part). New carpet is not that big of deal. If we get it great, if not no loss. The last thing we need is the cars to go faster.

Top Secret phone # 419 215-4819

The F1 class has been pretty cool this indoor season.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

My for sale thread
if any of you are interested

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post10506896
Old 03-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Points results from last week.

Only 2 Points races left to go!! Lets get a good turnout tomorrow!
Attached Thumbnails Hobby Stop West Raceway New Tamiya F1 class!!-f1-points-wk-4.png  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
F1 Points results wk4.pdf (195.8 KB, 79 views)
Old 03-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Will be there with a full battery.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry I missed it fellas. Maybe this coming weekend?
Old 03-26-2012, 05:58 AM
Tech Regular

Well, my battery was full but Bill K's front bumper was to hard and pointy and lets just say there was some big smoke. Thanks to Matt and David G. for removing the old SEAdan from the building.

Surprisingly it still ran, but smelled pretty bad the rest of the day.

We need some F1 points updates.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Sorry I missed it fellas. Maybe this coming weekend?
I should be there again this coming weekend; we will see a new track design as well if I’m not mistaken.

I'll have the points up later today. Mark R was pretty quick this week and drove a great main to take home the W.

Is there a gas tack thread that I should be staying up on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.