Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Hobby Stop West Raceway New Tamiya F1 class!! >

Hobby Stop West Raceway New Tamiya F1 class!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobby Stop West Raceway New Tamiya F1 class!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nrtv20
I should be there again this coming weekend; we will see a new track design as well if I’m not mistaken.

I'll have the points up later today. Mark R was pretty quick this week and drove a great main to take home the W.

Is there a gas tack thread that I should be staying up on?
Yeah I think there is.

Nothing but top secret projects and more developments then the F1 season...the real F1 season.

Nothing to see here, move along move along
Old 03-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here is the results for the 5th round of the F1 points series:

Going into the last week of the series there are still 5 eligible drivers to win the championship; Ted, Mark, Marvin, Matt and Nick

Thanks for participating and I know it was pretty late in the season to try a series but thanks for humoring me
Attached Thumbnails Hobby Stop West Raceway New Tamiya F1 class!!-wp_000374.jpg   Hobby Stop West Raceway New Tamiya F1 class!!-wp_000375.jpg   Hobby Stop West Raceway New Tamiya F1 class!!-f1-points-wk-5.png  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
F1 Points results wk5.pdf (195.9 KB, 74 views)
Old 03-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...l#post10518482

Gas racing thread.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

I'll be out at the gas track behind the Woodville this Saturday around 2:30 with my F1, bring um out to play around if you want too!
Old 04-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Thanks everyone for racing in the points series!!
Attached Thumbnails Hobby Stop West Raceway New Tamiya F1 class!!-f1-points-wk-6.png  
Old 04-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks everyone for racing in the points series!!
Go figure. The guy who keeps track of the points wins the points. lol Good job Nick!
Old 04-07-2012, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Isn't that supposed to be how it works? There has to be a political advantage or else it wouldn't be F1!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wish there was somewhere to race the F1's outdoors in the summer. That'd be so cool.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DISH
Wish there was somewhere to race the F1's outdoors in the summer. That'd be so cool.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...ic-racing.html
Old 04-12-2012, 03:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks! just saw that..
Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

any news on the up coming indoor season?
Old 10-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

any news on the up coming indoor season?
Winter season started this weekend at Hobby Stop West with oval every Sat and road every Sunday. New carpet installed and ready.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

First race at the track went well; I think the new Pardus tires will work well on the new carpet.

I had overheard a few things about what rules we will follow this year and I think we should stick to the same as last year.

Other than changing the tires over from the Pits the other rule in question was what to allow for batteries, shorty’s or full packs. I don’t have a personal preference either way. I would vote to allow a short pack and the only rule change.

I will repost the rules from page (1) so it’s easier to reference.

Chassis rules for the Tamiya F104 class

All chassis platforms must be built per
the instruction manual. Altering their basic structure and
design is prohibited.

Tamiya parts only. No parts from other manufactures unless specified within this document.

Any Tamiya Hop-Up Option and spare part is allowed and legal as long as it is used in the way it was designed, and installed on the vehicle it was designed for.

It is strictly forbidden to re-engineer or modify the car in any way other than with Tamiya Hop-Ups or kit supplied accessories.

Chassis lightening (by means of milling parts) is prohibited.

Lightweight screws or adjustable turnbuckles that are made of aluminum, steel or Titanium that are made by other manufactures are allowed. i.e. any
screw or turnbuckle is legal.

The use of thin shims (available at most hobby stores and made available by Tamiya) to space out the slop or play in suspension arms, steering bell-cranks and wheel axles is permitted. Shimming the aforementioned components of the car in a way that alters the geometry of the car or its basic geometry design is not legal.

The use of O-Rings on shock ball ends and camber/steering links is allowed.

Changing the camber-link positions on the car other than the way it was intended is prohibited.

Camber links must be positioned in the mounting holes they were originally drilled for. Drilling new camber link holes is not permitted or legal.

Steering tie-rod linkages, on all chassis platforms, must be attached to the steering knuckle per the instruction manual. Drilling new holes to change
“ackerman” is not permitted. Raising and lowering the steering tie-rod with shims, on the steering knuckle itself to change bump steer is permitted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ELECTRONICS

Motors: Any ROAR approved 21.5 brushless motor. Adjusting of the end bell is not permitted. The Tamiya Silver can motor is permitted. It is forbidden to crank the timing on the 540-J motor physically or through the use of rare earth magnets.

ESC: Any ROAR approved Sportsman class speed controls. You may view the list here. sportsman ESC list <http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737>

Battery: 2 cell lipo not to exceed 6000 MAh capacity. Batteries must be hard case.

Any battery connector or direct hard wiring to the battery is allowed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Car Body

All Bodies must be made for the Tamiya F-104

All car bodies must be painted and must be cut along the trim lines. You are not allowed to create extra vent holes for the purpose of ventilation or
performance enhancement. Leaving extra material below the trim lines of the body is prohibited.

All car bodies must use the wings that are supplied in the kit. Mixing and matching wings, between different body styles, is not allowed.

In the spirit of keeping the Racing
scale in appearance to the public all bodies should appear to be of a real F1 team or look like it could be a real F1 team. Vintage F1 team colors are permitted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tires and Wheels

Spec tire: Pardus P-1 pre mounts http://f1paintlab.mybigcommerce.com/...g-fgx-hpi-f10/

Tire conditioners are allowed on tires. (SXT)

It is not permitted or legal to drill extra vent holes on the vehicles wheels for the purpose of altering the performance and grip level of the tire. Enlarging the existing vent hole is also illegal.

Disassembling the pre-mounted tires and changing the insert is not permitted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If a driver finds a loophole within the rules, the exploitation will be deemed illegal at the discretion of the race director
Old 11-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Nick,
Agreed the Pardus tires worked well, decent grip, didnt get crazy when the traction came up.
On the other stuff, I think we need to take another look at this. I understand that last year the rules were geared to get the class up and running. This year however I think that we should allow some choices.First of all to me the shorty packs are a non issue, the suggestion that any of us running them are "cheating" quite frankly pisses me off. I know it wasnt you, and I also know that it is being said somewhat in jest, but it needs to stop. I think that if someone wants to run a conversion kit on their car like an Exotek, or Roche Rapide, or even wants to run a WRC or 3racing chassis, they should be able to. As long as the chassis is available on the open market, and meets dimensional requirements set by us, I think they should be allowed. Also the chassis should be to fit the spec tire with no modifications. I also think that if anyone wants to run non Tamiya parts on a 104 that it should be within the rules. We had a good turnout for the first day, and I think if you allow some flexibility that it might appeal to more people. I am making some very large orders with multiple vendors, anyone that needs anything should contact me ASAP
First race at the track went well; I think the new Pardus tires will work well on the new carpet.

I had overheard a few things about what rules we will follow this year and I think we should stick to the same as last year.

Other than changing the tires over from the Pits the other rule in question was what to allow for batteries, shorty’s or full packs. I don’t have a personal preference either way. I would vote to allow a short pack and the only rule change.

I will repost the rules from page (1) so it’s easier to reference.

Chassis rules for the Tamiya F104 class

All chassis platforms must be built per
the instruction manual. Altering their basic structure and
design is prohibited.

Tamiya parts only. No parts from other manufactures unless specified within this document.

Any Tamiya Hop-Up Option and spare part is allowed and legal as long as it is used in the way it was designed, and installed on the vehicle it was designed for.

It is strictly forbidden to re-engineer or modify the car in any way other than with Tamiya Hop-Ups or kit supplied accessories.

Chassis lightening (by means of milling parts) is prohibited.

Lightweight screws or adjustable turnbuckles that are made of aluminum, steel or Titanium that are made by other manufactures are allowed. i.e. any
screw or turnbuckle is legal.

The use of thin shims (available at most hobby stores and made available by Tamiya) to space out the slop or play in suspension arms, steering bell-cranks and wheel axles is permitted. Shimming the aforementioned components of the car in a way that alters the geometry of the car or its basic geometry design is not legal.

The use of O-Rings on shock ball ends and camber/steering links is allowed.

Changing the camber-link positions on the car other than the way it was intended is prohibited.

Camber links must be positioned in the mounting holes they were originally drilled for. Drilling new camber link holes is not permitted or legal.

Steering tie-rod linkages, on all chassis platforms, must be attached to the steering knuckle per the instruction manual. Drilling new holes to change
“ackerman” is not permitted. Raising and lowering the steering tie-rod with shims, on the steering knuckle itself to change bump steer is permitted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ELECTRONICS

Motors: Any ROAR approved 21.5 brushless motor. Adjusting of the end bell is not permitted. The Tamiya Silver can motor is permitted. It is forbidden to crank the timing on the 540-J motor physically or through the use of rare earth magnets.

ESC: Any ROAR approved Sportsman class speed controls. You may view the list here. sportsman ESC list <http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737>

Battery: 2 cell lipo not to exceed 6000 MAh capacity. Batteries must be hard case.

Any battery connector or direct hard wiring to the battery is allowed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Car Body

All Bodies must be made for the Tamiya F-104

All car bodies must be painted and must be cut along the trim lines. You are not allowed to create extra vent holes for the purpose of ventilation or
performance enhancement. Leaving extra material below the trim lines of the body is prohibited.

All car bodies must use the wings that are supplied in the kit. Mixing and matching wings, between different body styles, is not allowed.

In the spirit of keeping the Racing
scale in appearance to the public all bodies should appear to be of a real F1 team or look like it could be a real F1 team. Vintage F1 team colors are permitted.

Tires and Wheels

Spec tire: Pardus P-1 pre mounts http://f1paintlab.mybigcommerce.com/...g-fgx-hpi-f10/

Tire conditioners are allowed on tires. (SXT)

It is not permitted or legal to drill extra vent holes on the vehicles wheels for the purpose of altering the performance and grip level of the tire. Enlarging the existing vent hole is also illegal.

Disassembling the pre-mounted tires and changing the insert is not permitted.

If a driver finds a loophole within the rules, the exploitation will be deemed illegal at the discretion of the race director
Old 11-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

I'm all for getting more cars to the track. Does that mean we have to opening up our current set of rules to do so? I don’t have that answer. Each argument provides its own benefits and pitfalls, let’s get through the next race and make a decision before we run get into the points races.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.