Wiki Posts
Search

2011 ROAR Regionals at Chaplin..6/5

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 2011 ROAR Regionals at Chaplin..6/5

This is for Control Freakz in Chaplin,CT for the regional race this upcoming sunday 6/5.. Roll call to see who will go..If anyone hasn't been here its an awesome track. Kenny Ives has put a lot of money into this track and it would be a shame in no one turned out. I think if people see others that might go, then we might have an ok turnout..either way i will be there (practice if no one shows) if anyone changes their mind last minute. I think there is also a nitro club race too so all sedans come out to make some noise!!

Ill start the roll call in a sec.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

13.5 Touring Car
1. Bob Ross

Mod TC
1.Bob Ross

200mm sedan
Old 06-03-2011, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Too bad no one advertised this race.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerry P
Too bad no one advertised this race.
This race has been advertised. It's on the schedule that was posted here, it's on their website, and Kenny sent out emails a month ago. I know about it and I don't even race electric TC any more.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
This race has been advertised. It's on the schedule that was posted here, it's on their website, and Kenny sent out emails a month ago. I know about it and I don't even race electric TC any more.
Sorry but they did a terrible job advertising this race. Did they even start a thread?
Old 06-03-2011, 05:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

That's great that racers who wouldn't ever race there got an email, everyone that would actually show up had no idea about this.. I have been trying for 2 weeks to get people to make the trip, but the simple fact that there was no answer to questions posted in their thread about it is enough to discourage most racers..
Old 06-03-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Sorry but they did a terrible job advertising this race. Did they even start a thread?
Not sure if there was a separate thread but I know it was in their general thread.

Come to think of it Kenny L started a Chaplin electric thread. It didn't get many responses.

Originally Posted by MikeXray
That's great that racers who wouldn't ever race there got an email, everyone that would actually show up had no idea about this.. I have been trying for 2 weeks to get people to make the trip, but the simple fact that there was no answer to questions posted in their thread about it is enough to discourage most racers..
Did you sign up for their mailing list?
Old 06-03-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

3 days notice to drive 3 hours

it's ashame.the track looks great. Looks like alot of time and money was put into it

if I new about it sooner I would of considered going

Last edited by Al Sodano; 06-03-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:53 AM
Tech Addict

To late of a notice I will be at the xray challenge, and the nats. If you haven't been to track you need to make sure that you do before the season is over. Great track!!!!! Great program!!!!! So much traction!!!!!
Old 06-03-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Champion

Not sure if there was a separate thread but I know it was in their general thread.

Come to think of it Kenny L started a Chaplin electric thread. It didn't get many responses.

Did you sign up for their mailing list?
No, I never noticed one, but the point is 90% of the people that race locally check races on rctech, and no one has been keeping up with their information, andrew even had to post in the floyd thread to say nitro racing is still happening..
Old 06-03-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This race has been scheduled since the Chaplin schedule came ouT in like early march.....Chaplin handles it's stuff on thier facebook page. Kenny l started a thread and has been listing weekly stuff.

If you haven't raced here your definately missing out... This place rocks.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Al Sodano
3 days notice to drive 3 hours

it's ashame.the track looks great. Looks like alot of time and money was put into it

if I new about it sooner I would of considered going

Al what's up dude. They run an awesome program and the track is second to none. You need to check it out.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JACK HAMMER
This race has been scheduled since the Chaplin schedule came ouT in like early march.....Chaplin handles it's stuff on thier facebook page. Kenny l started a thread and has been listing weekly stuff.

If you haven't raced here your definately missing out... This place rocks.
Is it REALLY that hard to bump a thread here once a week, there are a lot of people who aren't on facebook. I WAS planning on going, but everyone I tried to get to go with me was like "no ones going because no one is posting on rctech". I would think a race director could allocate 5 mins a week to help turnouts, its not like running a track in the NE is guaranteed income just because its there... You and the floyd crew have a great setup, lots of activity here, nyrc live, I'm sure you have FB updates and such, and no one has nearly as much invested in the track as Kenny does.. weird.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Sorry you feel that way MikeXray.

Just to much drama on rctech not worth the aggrevation and frustration with keyboard cowboys.

Secondly Ken also runs a REAL business and is not on rctech as he does not have the time.

Track has facebook page and website that provides schedule, pics and race results. You can address any of your questions or concerns thru email listed on website or on facebook.

Event flyers go out by email and are on facebook 7 days prior to event...reminders also go on on friday of event.

For anyone interested send me your email address by pm and I will add you to track mailing list for future events.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Sorry I'm going to have to miss this one...... Good luck to the rest of ya..... Great place to race!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.