Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 ROAR Regionals at Chaplin..6/5

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So is anyone gonna go? This is such a nice track and a shame if no one came.. We should make a "Mock" roll call to see who would attend if others could..it seems as if peeps dont wanna come unless others do so lets try this again..

THIS IS A MOCK ROLL CALL..Please put down if you can make it..I know there are some local guys that could make it for this event..

13.5 TC
1.Bob Ross
2.Sam Zebian
3.Kenny Ives?

Mod TC
1.Bob Ross
Old 06-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobert Ross
So is anyone gonna go? This is such a nice track and a shame if no one came.. We should make a "Mock" roll call to see who would attend if others could..it seems as if peeps dont wanna come unless others do so lets try this again..

THIS IS A MOCK ROLL CALL..Please put down if you can make it..I know there are some local guys that could make it for this event..

13.5 TC
1.Bob Ross
2.Sam Zebian
3.Kenny Ives?
4.Mike L

Mod TC
1.Bob Ross
2.Mike L
If I know by tonight I can pack my crap, but I can easily goto gallimods trophy race instead. I'm sorry that it seems too much trouble for the crew to update rctech, there are simple solutions tot he drama, start a new account, chaplinrc, and just address scheduling and race info. Jackson and T&L run roll calls weekly, and they tend to be about 75% accurate, so people know what classes are run and get their interest peaked.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

This race has been on the schedule since February.
An e-mail and flyer were posted on tech on a few occations.
Dont understan the lack of interest other than maybe people would want to be in Jackson getting ready for the nats.
Just remeber when the track is bulldozed its because no show no track.
It would be a shame.
Support your local track. The dates have been posted for months.
Good day.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndrewNicholas
This race has been on the schedule since February.
An e-mail and flyer were posted on tech on a few occations.
Dont understan the lack of interest other than maybe people would want to be in Jackson getting ready for the nats.
Just remeber when the track is bulldozed its because no show no track.
It would be a shame.
Support your local track. The dates have been posted for months.
Good day.
Andrew,
It may have been posted a while ago but there was no hype. I went up to chaplin a few times last year including the regional. Last year's turnout was light so i guess no one thought to try to hype it up a little more and get people excited. As for Facebook, I made a decison to not be a part of face book. Most of my browsing is done at work and we block facebook at my company. I hope people show up for this. Good look to all that race.

Regards
Jerry
Old 06-09-2011, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Gonzalez
Sorry you feel that way MikeXray.

Just to much drama on rctech not worth the aggrevation and frustration with keyboard cowboys.

Track has facebook page and website that provides schedule, pics and race results. You can address any of your questions or concerns thru email listed on website or on facebook.

Event flyers go out by email and are on facebook 7 days prior to event...reminders also go on on friday of event.
I understand its frustrated dealing with "keyboard cowboys". Personally I don't have to deal with them, but I do see it a lot.
Most racers don't go on facebook looking for races, we come on rctech!

Ive been to Chaplin a couple times and you guys have a great facility and staff, but someone needs to at least start threads for the trophy and regional races a month or so before.
Especially the electric races since you wanna get into electric.

I could be wrong, but I thing its worth someone time and effort for entrees.

Just as a example. This past weekend I raced at floyd. If it wasn't for someone telling me the nitro regional was this month i would of missed it...