Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SRI Raceway (Louisville, Kentucky) Off Road Now Open

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

We had a good time too. So much for thinking I might beat Loran today. Good job with the track layout today also. It was quick and fun at the same time. For those of you in the area kicking around the idea of coming out, just do it. Its a good group to race with and you WILL have fun.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
had a great time today. The car is starting to make sense now its coming around we need get more ELEC 17.5 cars
It was fun to come and watch you guys race onroad, and meet a few of you. I don't do it much, so it's cool when I can.

I am selling my nitro Mugen Mtx4r very soon, but I have decided to keep my electric Associated TC5 17.5 in case I can join you all occasionally. I'll keep tabs on when you're heading out.

Good race between Jeff and his daugter. That's gotta hurt though getting a beating by your own kid.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by markhat250
It was fun to come and watch you guys race onroad, and meet a few of you. I don't do it much, so it's cool when I can.

I am selling my nitro Mugen Mtx4r very soon, but I have decided to keep my electric Associated TC5 17.5 in case I can join you all occasionally. I'll keep tabs on when you're heading out.

Good race between Jeff and his daugter. That's gotta hurt though getting a beating by your own kid.
Good to meet you too. You should come out and race. As far as getting beat by your kid is concerned, it's actually pretty cool. Loran has been working at it for a quite a while and can lay it down. Emily can drive too but I didn't have her car very good this time. We have fun with it. See ya.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Took my 1/8th Scale Nitro Picco Powered Integra out to the oval in Indy this past week. Took the Overall Track Record with a 7.529 second lap. This car is Wicked FAST, but it's fun as hell to drive. I will be out for some on-road on
August 22nd, and I will have 2 other guys with me with cars as well. So let your guys know that you will have a few newbs out there

Check out a vid of my record lap.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

We will be there. Loran, Emily and I will race Nitro Touring and Foster will run 17.5 touring. I will have my 8th scale Mugen MRX-4X there too. It will be a good warm up the the Great Lakes Challenge the next weekend.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

When's the next on-road race at Scale? I'll bring my electric 17.5 out if I can make it. I want to plan when you're all heading over again.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by markhat250
When's the next on-road race at Scale? I'll bring my electric 17.5 out if I can make it. I want to plan when you're all heading over again.
The next onroad race is Sunday August 22nd. We will be there and I know several others from Owensboro will be there too. There will be several 17.5's running too including one other TC5.

Jeff
Old 08-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

We'll have a good day of racing both Saturday and Sunday. I have a feeling that the on road turnout is going to be the largest of the year thus far. We've been pushing both tracks really hard here as of late and i hope it pays off.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Sounds good. We will be there.

Thanks

JEFF
Old 08-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am planning on being there Sunday for some NITRO touring action. I usually run the BPO at the Marion Cty Fairgrounds in INDY, so I will try my hand at some onroad road course and see what happens. I am bringing a few friends. See ya Sunday!
Attached Thumbnails SRI Raceway (Louisville, Kentucky) Off Road Now Open-dsc01882.jpg  
Old 08-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by basketcase45
I am planning on being there Sunday for some NITRO touring action. I usually run the BPO at the Marion Cty Fairgrounds in INDY, so I will try my hand at some onroad road course and see what happens. I am bringing a few friends. See ya Sunday!
Looks good. I sure you will be fine turning both ways. Ha.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Luke did a good job on the track getting it fixed up, it was pretty dang good today. Thanks Luke!!
Old 08-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Good race again everyone. Good to see some new faces there too. We were lucky to win this one. Several guys had good runs going but ran into trouble. We had a few issues of our own getting our new motors all tuned up and ready for the GLC but we should be ready now. See everyone at the next one.

Jeff
Old 08-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Initiate

I was well off the pace, but had fun. My car was still pretty much setup for an oval, didn't feel like changing it all. I might try to find me a 2nd car for the on-road thing. If anyone has anything decent for sale, send me a PM. My money is either going to a car for on-road or a 1/4 Scale
Old 08-25-2010, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Folks, I had a blast trying my hand at that track with electric. I think one on-looker got sucked in and wants to go buy an E now too. Electric is a great way for new people to join because it's definitley not intimidating to spend the money as a nitro, and it's got a very easy "look" about it. Plus they're cake to work on. So maybe we'll add one more new guy, plus it sounded like a few normal E guys wern't there. It would be nice to see this class grow so that newbies (like me) can get involved on a limited / casual basis. I say limited because we all know nitro is a lifestyle (i know...I do offroad).

So if you got an E-car, bring it!!!!!! It will encourage people to want to come out and join us. It did me. It's the ONLY reason I raced!! There's no chance I could do nitro, even though that's where my heart lays. But just no time for nitro on-road for me personally. So let's get some more E-cars!!!

PS....I say anything goes motor wise is my personal take. My 17.5 was a snail, my 10.5 did the job, but 6.5 was as fast as the nitros and put a grin on my face . But I did anihilate my car after that motor too, so I may go back to 10.5 and find the right gearing for that track.

Last edited by markhat250; 08-25-2010 at 04:29 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.