Community
Wiki Posts
Search

N.C. State On Road Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Timmie would it be possible for you to post the results for the 17.5 c main , and the 1/10 nitro b main??
Old 05-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

The results should be in Timmie's post I think, but you have to use the embeded scroll bars.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Sorry Steve. Made some adjustments.
It's all good! It looked like the 2nd round standings. Now that the car is working on asphalt I'm looking forward to getting back out to Deb's and run with you guys. Melvin talked me into VORRA for this Sunday. You guys should roll out an drun some with us.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aja Archibald
Had a blast this weekend. Thanks so much for great job crew.
I was able to make the a main with both cars lol just crawling into the
mod a main. However nitro was a bit better qualifying 7.. You guys were lucky
because i always save the best for last..Just kidding see you guys next year
or so..

Special Thanks to the Msushroom Bowl Crew You guys make racing FFUUNNN.
Hey Aja, good run. Man we were so close on the clock, you knocked me out of the Mod A-Main by .5 thats close. I was banking on the forth round to put me back into the A because I had some electronics problems in the third round. But I had some fun and I can't wait until the next big race. I will probrably have my nitro by then.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Awesome racing this weekend!! Gotta give major "props" to Timmie for keeping On-road racing alive in the NC Goldsboro area!! You had a hand full!! The hospitality from Timmie was great... he even offered to get us sodas! I told him you do what you gotta do dont worry about us!
Thanks man!

Also to the crew at the race... good job on trying to get the racing in, but unfortunately the weather didnt hold up..

Lots of thanks to every racer that made the trip down to make it a successful event!!
Nice meeting new racers and chatting again with old racers!!

Steve Downs and Tony Rumple!! We gotta get a race in, soon i hope!!

Justin Lessard.... thanks for the help and effort with the TOP car... we will see how it goes next time!! Hopefully you make it out to race more!! Thanks again!

See everyone again soon!!!

Arv.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaSkills
Hey Aja, good run. Man we were so close on the clock, you knocked me out of the Mod A-Main by .5 thats close. I was banking on the forth round to put me back into the A because I had some electronics problems in the third round. But I had some fun and I can't wait until the next big race. I will probrably have my nitro by then.
Tell me about. The closest I seen in a while.
Still cant believe it rain I stayed up all night getting ready to hold my position.
But it happens..
Good Luck in the future races.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had a good weekend I finished 2nd in the 17.5 c main, and 4th in the 1/10 nitro b main. I didn't break a single part all weekend I had fun. My Murnan rb m3 was the fastest motor on the track I clocked the fastest top speed. By far the best motor on the market thanks Uriah. Thanks for making us fill welcome Tommie.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HoboShop
I had a good weekend I finished 2nd in the 17.5 c main, and 4th in the 1/10 nitro b main. I didn't break a single part all weekend I had fun. My Murnan rb m3 was the fastest motor on the track I clocked the fastest top speed. By far the best motor on the market thanks Uriah. Thanks for making us fill welcome Tommie.
I have to agree with you on that.
I ran the RB Junior and it was more than enough..
Old 05-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Man i've finally recovered from that weekend!

It was a BLAST!!! Seriously we were talking about all the passes and such for at least 200 miles after we left hahaha. I know I had a great time you guys have some incredible hospitality your facilities were A1! The track was challenging but i tell you I only broke 1 part and it was because I just don't know how to let go of the trigger hahahaha.

I didn't qualify so well on Sat but I had my setup down ... you all were lucky i didn't get that 4th on Sunday, i'd have Tq'd !!

Racing was close, in the B I was hot on the heals of first place and it came down to bravery on the back straight ahaha.

Timmy and Glenn great show guys great show! We will talk about the date for next year and get that rolling early . Shooting for 200 entries!

Tim Charvat, I will send you down some goodies as soon as I restock from FF to keep the Type-R showing down there strong.

Thanks for having us down, there have been questions as to when we are going back already so please let us know when your next 2 day event is so we can get it on the race calendar up here.

Photos i took are here: http://www.skyrocketracing.com/gallery/v/Rosewood/ didn't get as many as I wanted to it got busy on Sunday really quickly .

Old 05-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For you sedan nitro/electric onroad racers this was a great event. Very nice facility and it's REAL nice to have a Hobby Shop on-site and bathrooms. Tim put together an awesome event. Nice meeting new people that are into onroad. Hopefully, it will peek interest in other classes. I might even start running electric sedan. And for those that know me, know I love nitro! Good to see it is alive and well in Region 3. Can't wait for there next race, I'm sure it will happen in a few months. The track is technical with a nice flow to it. I like the infield the most. The cross track portion allowed you to steer on-power and it was fast. This is not a power track so set-up is vital. Your car has to have all combinations of chassis tuning to be fast. Especially on power steering and stable braking. This track will really test your skills on set-up and driving!
Old 05-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey Guys,
Sorry for the delay in posting but i've got a lot on my plate. Trying to get my bathrooms tiled at home etc. I want to thank all the guys that made the long drive down to make this race a success. Timmie did a great job organizing it and he is working on the next one already and it should be bigger. Thanks to all the sponsors and their support. It was nice meeting all of you guys and looking forward to the next time. Sorry we got rained out but we did get some good running in . I'll say by for now and see you all soon.
Glenn

A BIG SHOT OUT TOO!!!!

- E.J. Evans/OD........TOP USA/Solaris Tires
- Paul Ciccarello.........Serpent America/Matrix Tires
- Tory Skyers ...........Skyrocket Racing
- John Lee/ Kenny Lambert/Ed & Randy Benard........Sweep USA
- Jimmy Wright..........Trackstar R/C Services
- Bobbi.....................Byron's Race Fuel
- John Tag................Express Motorsports
- Jessica...................Proline/Protoform
- Amy.......................Great Planes
- Terri.......................Horizon Hobbies
- Randy Pike...............Tekin
- Glenn Elam ..............Glenn's Hobby Corner/ Rosewood RC
- Jeff Schroeder.........Fantom
- EB Mods
Old 05-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Here's some pix of the action.
Attached Thumbnails N.C. State On Road Challenge-img_0659.jpg  
Old 05-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Initiate

All of them did'nt work. Try again.
Attached Thumbnails N.C. State On Road Challenge-img_0629.jpg   N.C. State On Road Challenge-img_0635.jpg   N.C. State On Road Challenge-img_0638.jpg  
Old 05-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Mor pix.
Attached Thumbnails N.C. State On Road Challenge-img_0663.jpg   N.C. State On Road Challenge-img_0673.jpg   N.C. State On Road Challenge-img_0741.jpg  
Old 05-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Great pics so far! Where are the rest? Also, anyway to put up the qualifying times? I will be down again in a month or so definetely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.