TOP GUN SHOOTOUT EVENT INFORMATION

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TOP GUN SHOOTOUT EVENT INFORMATION

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks to everyone that came out for the TGS.

Congrats to all the winners!

Q did an excellent job! The track was pristine. And somehow he managed to keep the rain away even when the forecast called for a 100% chance!!!! I don't even want to know what deal he made with mother nature for that one. LOL

It was good meeting all of you. Now I can match faces with screen names!

It was a pleasure having Scotty Ernst there! I always knew Scotty was a wheel! But I didn't think he'd be that competitive with limited practice. Maybe he's been practicing in his basement when no one is looking. LOL

Jason E, it's been a long time since we've battled like that!

Chris A, don't think of it as 48 hours too late, think of it as 8712 hours ready. LOL

Tim, great job in the nitro win!

Dustin was laying down some serious laps on asphalt! ROAR nats??? Q said he's coming.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

FRIDAY
Well Friday was just a blast. Many more people than I expected for just practice. It seemed everyone was very excited to be here and having a great afternoon. The fastest drivers of the day appeared to be Dustin Layne for 17.5 Expert, Justin Lyons for VTA, Brad Rutland for 17.5 Sportsman.

SATURDAY
Once again we were getting lucky with the weather and we had great conditions. I was short staffed and that took its tole me but the event moved right along as planned. I learned real quick that Bill Sydor and the KC gang were here to have a great time and take nothing to serious which added to the weekend for me. The Mississippi crew got my respect real quick also by there great attitudes as a whole.

Racing was dicey between some and whimsical between most, but I suppose thats the norm. At the end of the day the leaders for each class were EJ Evans/13.5TC, EJ Evans/17.5E, Justin Lyons/17.5S, John Jolly/Mini, Jason Graham/VTA, Tim Harington/Nitro.

Saturday night lead most of the racers to convoy to a local Steak place for some "unique" dinning. We got a tough roudy but the staff seemed not to notice and we had a great time. The storm that rolled through durring dinner had everyone a little curious about the following days racing. However upon returning to the track later that night we were shocked to find that no rain had fallen. So, Billy Bob decided to water the Putt-Putt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, while in use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUNDAY
By this point the resort had the classes meshing a little better and the racing was really getting tight. It seemed every single class had some good battles. The final 17.5 run were EJ and Ertracter did battle for nearly the entire run unitl EJs motor litterally went poof was something to see. In that same run Bill Sydor, Dustin Layne, and Myself had a very very good battle of our own with many changes for the lead of the train.

The Solaris tires seemed to be doing well for the event. I ran the same tires Sunday as I had ran Saturday and saw no drop off. In 15.6's were on those same re-runs. I hear of no issues with the wheels and only had one return out of 120 sets.

The racing schedule was stuck to rather closely and we were done by about 4pm. This was good because when all the awards to presented by our highly capable "Trophy Presentation Technicians" the storms were getting close. Just as I was sending off the last of the guest,,, here came the flood!!!

RESULTS

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TGS RESULTS.pdf (290.0 KB, 179 views)
Old 05-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans

Dustin was laying down some serious laps on asphalt! ROAR nats??? Q said he's coming.
YUUUUP!
Old 05-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Q had a blast- great job- when's the next one??

Dustin was laying down- and giving lap dance's on the asphalt! Q said he's coming.
Really?
Old 05-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
We had a great time at this one. Q, I know you put a lot of time into this race and it showed. The weather looked questionable but it worked out perfect. There is no reason this race shouldn't be one of the bigger races of the year. I thought the nitro cars sound wicked there too. The sound comes off the fence along the back strait and just sounds good. Pretty cool stuff.

Thanks to our sponsors. Our Mugen MTX-4R's ran great and our BSR tires were hooked.

Jeff
Glad you had fun! wish our area had some outdoor onroad tracks.
I wonder what class Robbie ran in? Probably got him an onroad nitro too huh?
Old 05-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Suspended

Chris A, don't think of it as 48 hours too late, think of it as 8712 hours ready. LOL
Oh we will have a new car out by then... but ill be much more ready with setup haha. Ill make more of an effort to run on asphalt before the next MidAmerica race.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

I wish i could see that last race with e.j. and i
Old 05-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

I'd love to hit up Nats this year. Anyone got some extra airplane tickets laying around?
Old 05-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

After a long night home through the Tornado Warnings and rain the entire way back to Wisconsin, we made it back. What an awesome weekend of racing.

Q You did a great job running the program and your track was awesome. You have supported the Novak race at Trackside for the past couple of years and Jeremy and I are glad we were able to join you and your guys for the event and support your track.

I don't often get a chance to run on asphalt but it was so much fun. Your facility is "TOP" Notch!

Thanks to OD, EJ from TOP Racing for making this event possible. In our tough economic times it means that much more that companies like yours want to give back to the racers and sponsor events like this. Thank you.

The best part of our hobby is the friends we get to make while participating in it. This weekend I was able to see some old friends that I have not seen in years and make some new ones as well. I think everyone had an awesome time and the weather could not have been better.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words you posted on here, I did have a great time racing and unfortunately I don't get to race as much as I would like to, but maybe that just makes it that much more enjoyable when I do get to race!

Again congratulations to Q and everyone who worked so hard to put this event together you all did a great job and I hope to make this an annual event that we will attend each year.

Thanks again,
Scotty
Old 05-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

I must say I was very impressed with the turnout at the first TOP Gun Shootout race held at MidAmerican Raceway.

I sure enjoyed meeting and racing with everyone that showed up to support this race. EJ & OD (California), Scotty & Jeremy (Wisconsin) and the groups from Kentucky, North Carolina, Mississippi, Tennessee, Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas. I hope I didn't forget any state.

I was impressed with the fact the weather was so nice and the rain decided to not interrupt this event. The rain decided to hit after Q got all of the awards and pictures done then the wind started to come up as the last of the racers were leaving. Priceless!!!!!

Cya at the next race!!

Joe Murphy
Old 05-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Can someone post some pics and vids of the weekend, I noticed someone out there shot a vid of the 17.5 expert last race which I missed, I heard it was one heck of a race!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Pictures Please.

I too would like to see some pics. I had no time to take any but I saw plenty of people doing so.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

I found some vids on youtube, Dont know who to give credit to though. Heres a link http://www.youtube.com/user/L2KRACING#p/u/0/3yAY7mDe8fQ
Old 06-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

tic-toc-tic-toc-tic-toc, I want to do this all over again