Community
Wiki Posts
Search

702 RC Raceway Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know exactly what you (what is now becoming) "typical" buggy guys are talking about!

I have a fully modded Corvette. I took it to Laguna Seca and have had a hard time with the corkscrew. I keep telling them its too damn steep and I keep spinning out on the exit, or I straight-line it cause I can't see the whole thing as I approach it.
Then I went to an autocross. I had fun on certain sections, but it was so twisty! I told them to open the layout up so I could get my LS spinnin!
Well, i've decided to garage my car for the time being until Laguna removes the corkscrew, and the autocross course gets laid out so it's not as tight. I think i'll just take it to the Nurburgring until they fix it!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Their was a buggy running last night and was pretty fast and he didn't cry about it
Old 05-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Initiate

I don't think you'll like running with the Vw's
Old 05-14-2010, 01:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Can't hold back any more as for the guy that was watering the track he was their all week bussin his hump to help wit the lay out for the Short Course race were you NOPE did you even offer to maybe try and help out wit anything Nope, So the man deserves a little more respect than whut you gave him credit for .As I have read in previous post ''slowguy'' ,you say you know all these buggy guys if thats the case it sure seemed to me you were kinda begging wit them to come out and run wit you ,did you try and run the new lay out?? Patric had no prob as you could read in his post .At the Sound Of The TONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Either NUT UP OR SHUT UP and yes you can call me a raw raw Cheerleader and Chuck to but the man rides 300 miles to race every week to support 702 you live 30 min tops and can't come down to do the same that's pretty lame .Maybe you should just shelve you're stuff or go race at those true quality race tracks in SOCAL. So for all you're crying I'll get you a box of XTRA SOFT TISSUE . ONE BIG MAHALO TO THE WATER GUY
Old 05-14-2010, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sincity
Can't hold back any more as for the guy that was watering the track he was their all week bussin his hump to help wit the lay out for the Short Course race were you NOPE did you even offer to maybe try and help out wit anything Nope, So the man deserves a little more respect than whut you gave him credit for .As I have read in previous post ''slowguy'' ,you say you know all these buggy guys if thats the case it sure seemed to me you were kinda begging wit them to come out and run wit you ,did you try and run the new lay out?? Patric had no prob as you could read in his post .At the Sound Of The TONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Either NUT UP OR SHUT UP and yes you can call me a raw raw Cheerleader and Chuck to but the man rides 300 miles to race every week to support 702 you live 30 min tops and can't come down to do the same that's pretty lame .Maybe you should just shelve you're stuff or go race at those true quality race tracks in SOCAL. So for all you're crying I'll get you a box of XTRA SOFT TISSUE . ONE BIG MAHALO TO THE WATER GUY
ROFL your soo fired up behind this keyboard you cannot help yourself and the funniest thing is your opinion means absolutly nothing to me.

- did i come help water the track, no its not my job to.
- yes i ran the layout, the washoboard was brutal, you can make it if you drove real real slow. almost slow enough to high center
- good for Patric im glad he had fun.
- i wanted to rebuild the class since we havnt had one for a long time..now i dont blame the people who dont show up to race for doing so. i gave it a chance and i didnt like it so i left
- good for chuck, i drive 500+ miles to a track that suits our cars
-we supported the track to the fullest at first, but we as racers cannot control what the owner does to his track
-nut up? We have a little e thug now huh. It doesn't scare me. If like to see you explain that to me sometime when your not behind the keyboard. I'm interested to see what you meen by nut up.
- i have been calm and cool about this whole situation, i chose not to race anymore, i said why, no grow up control your mean old temper behind that keyboard mr sincity
- btw the best part is run your mouth, talk all the crap you want and at the end of the day the best thing is i still wont care.
- so do it lets see another dirty fired up message and i promise you make it good because i will not say ANYTHING back besides a nice and you will feel as if you got the best of me. enjoy that feeling cause as i said i dont care about your opinion

and by the way, might get used to seeing this

-

Last edited by slowguy4; 05-14-2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by 5p3ktrum; 05-14-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

In order for rc racing to grow and give us a viable place to run our expensive equipment, we need to support our local track. With no track it doesn't matter if you have a buggy, truggy or muggy. That being said, aside from a couple of guys like Mike G. and Big Shane, most of the buggy guys come across as prima donnas. Some of them even think they are so cool that they don't have to marshall after their races. They can stay home and let those who want to have fun come out and race. It's the same track for everyone and no matter what vehicle you are racing, the better driver is going to win.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ncbschzzt
Im just really confused about all this, it doesnt make sense. You can still have an excellent SCT course that works well for 1/10th scale cars as well. I have tried talking to Garrett last time I was out there and gave him the track layout I had drawn up. He said he would take it and take a look at it, I said cool and tried to talk to him a little more. He pretty much ignored me after that and walked away. What I was trying to tell him was I have a skid steer available to help do the track and would make time to help. However I cant get him to listen to me long enough to ever get to that point.
I think he's a nice guy for sure, but when it comes to track layouts and ideas he's really not interested in what "buggy" guys have to say. I have raced SCT and its not bad, but its not my thing. If this track is only going to cater to SCTs then thats fine, but lets make that clear. I think as far as this guy who was announcing goes I think he probably took offense to someone telling him the track is not drivable for a buggy. SCT tires are huge compared to buggy tires, so when you make dramatic whoops or have odd jumps it doesnt do well for the buggies. I will race my 4wd buggy there with the SCT, but dont like getting punted around by SCT drivers that like to "rub fenders"
I think I am over this subject and have tried to get my point across to Garrett several times and I would love to help redo the track with some buggy perspective. Many people may be surprised at how much fun buggy can be with a track that allows for its racing. I know that 200+ people still get it at JBRL races in socal. I know that even guys at 702 have buggies, but dont ever race them at 702. Just a bummer, I was extremely excited about this place. I guess it wasnt meant to be for us buggy folks.....

I'm not trying to speak for Garrett here, but I can tell you this about him.

Garrett was stressing over his first big race the last few weeks and he was
not his normal friendly self some days the closer time got to the race.. He
was not even slightly friendly to myself or my wife the last Sunday we
raced there and I told him he was not being his normal friendly self to his
face. He was so stressed about the big race coming the next Saturday he
never really even noticed what I was trying to tell him. Garrett will learn
in time to deal with the stress, but until then you need to cut him some
slack and try to roll with his bad days where he ignores you and doesn't
talk much. Everyone in Vegas needs to support him, he trys real hard and
if you take the time to look you will see that. Garrett is human, he will
make mistakes, but as long as he is trying hard to build a great place for
all to race they need to keep supporting him and keep trying to explain
what they are looking for in a race track to him. Everything will come in
good time, if everyone just relaxes a bit and trys to help Garrett get
through the good & bad times he will eventully make this place a GREAT"
place for all to race..

Remember Garrett has spent alot of money to build this place, he's no
fool and he wants to succeed. He wants to learn from everyone and
try to please the majority of racers so he can succeed. Garrett did not
spend all this money to just close up and loose all of it.

I only wish the economy had not forced us to move away for a few months
so we can make a living. I love racing their every weekend with all my
great friends. I never took Garrett acting unfriendly towards me as anything
but stress and when I return, I figure he will still have his bad days and his
good days, but I know the bad days will be less and less if we all use a
little understanding and he gets more use to being a track owner...

If I lived in Vegas I would support Garrett every week because he is a
good guy,trying to give R/C racers a GREAT place to race...

Don't forget he has a GREAT group of guys helping him for no pay just
because Garrett is a good guy with a GREAT idea they believe in. Todd,
Bobby,Oscar,Scott,Guss and others all bust their azz for no pay to help
give you a great place to race..

I'm going to miss being there for the next few months, but when I/we get
back in the area we'll be back racing there because it is a GREAT place
with GREAT people that has GREAT racers all having lots of GREAT FUN"

Try to always remember, it's great to race out of the wind,out of the cold,
out of the heat on a so,so track then put up with all the crappy weather
on a little better track... The more you support a guy, the more what you
have to say will be noticed, the less you support a guy,the less what you
have to say will be noticed..

I want to see 702 Raceway there when I get back, so try to be kind to
each other would ya" LOL"
Old 05-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Arigato
In order for rc racing to grow and give us a viable place to run our expensive equipment, we need to support our local track. With no track it doesn't matter if you have a buggy, truggy or muggy. That being said, aside from a couple of guys like Mike G. and Big Shane, most of the buggy guys come across as prima donnas. Some of them even think they are so cool that they don't have to marshall after their races. They can stay home and let those who want to have fun come out and race. It's the same track for everyone and no matter what vehicle you are racing, the better driver is going to win.
I'm nice too

I'd have to disagree as a whole to this statement, especially at 702. All the buggy guys i've ran with are just as nice as anyone else I've met there. To be honest, they have some of the best etiquette in the game. The buggy guys on average have been in the rc game much longer than 75% of the SC cats, lol that's probably the only reason we run em.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by VegasHB
I'm nice too

I'd have to disagree as a whole to this statement, especially at 702. All the buggy guys i've ran with are just as nice as anyone else I've met there. To be honest, they have some of the best etiquette in the game. The buggy guys on average have been in the rc game much longer than 75% of the SC cats, lol that's probably the only reason we run em.
Maybe I caught them on a bad night, but that was my experience with them...Especially the not marshaling part.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by VegasHB
I'm nice too

Yes you are and we will miss you now we had to move away for a few
months for work...
Old 05-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm a Buggy Guy, an the track layout rt now is too rough an tough for buggys. thats if your trying to go fast an faster the next time but if you crusie around the track it's ok an we don't crusie around the track
Old 05-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

ok well I haven't run offroad in Vegas since oooooh since CE closed down. I will be rolling into town soon and bringing the 2 wheel mod car. I just hope there is room for a large car to park outside cause I roll the big wheels when I come in . Still rocking the Losi I got from Joe (RIP my brutha). Hope to see some old and new faces. On a side note there really isn't any need for all the crying. We all know the Vegas clay isn't like other track across the U.S. just run it send it and hold on! If you saw off half of it laugh it off it's all for fun! Being the majority of the racing now is geared towards SC you can not blame the owners for being a touch biased on the track builds. They have to make their $$$ to keep the doors open or its back in the hot sun for you all. Again look forward to running with you all again just hope there is a 80ft space for the truck near by.

Robert Jr.

Last edited by Gitsum; 05-16-2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: I can't spell...
Old 05-17-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

LOL I guess its the same at any track you go to. Theres always gunna be someone who doesnt like the layout. What these guys dont understand is, that they are a guest at another track. So what if you dont like it. Dont come back. Dont ruin it for the other people by airing your greviences about it. Your are supposed to be a ambassador for your home track, so maybe some of those locals come to your track. Bitching about their track will never make them come to yours. Think about it. BTW im flying in from NY on Wednesday and im gunna be down at the track probably thursday and then sunday for racing. WITH MY B4. And i will run the track as is, and like it no matter what because its different from what im used to. Isnt that what make this hobby fun. Any way see you guys soon
Old 05-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

I've liked the track the two times I've been there, the dirt is just like outdoor tracks so I'm dailed. It looks different but other than that it's like any-other track. But your right about being indoors because Vegas outside is tough, too cold or way too hot, the race two weeks ago was just about right and the AC was on full blast it was very comfortable, the G-man is cool but I think he had alot to deal with and when it came together he looked relieved. But I wish there was some Sat. night racing then I would be there more often.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.