Wiki Posts
Search

Motorama 2010 Harrisburg PA

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy TI connection

The internet in the main arena for the Live RC was not consistant. The wireless was not strong enough and we made several calls to the facillity all weekend to have the Etherenet cable enabled but we were unsuccessful. We had the cable but it did not have a signal. Trust me no one was more frustraded than me.

Jasen
Old 02-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jwyche
Greg is right in terms of the track build. Actually the guy that builds the track is an expert track builder. Only problem is that the dirt that is provided is a speacial type of dirt that the facility provides and cannot have anything added to it other than water. Not to mention that the track was built the day before from a level ground. If you were to walk on the tracks jumps you would feel how soft they actuall were from the watering. There was no real way to dry the base of the jumps to seal them in. All of the flat surfaces are actually the dirt floor of the areana which was hard as a rock when i got there on Thursday morning. They did a great job for what they had to deal with. Unfortunately this is the only dirth that we can use unlike the electric side that was able to use clay.

As for the arena sound system, our hands are tied. This is provided by the building and we have no control other than the on off switch on the microphone. I am going to work on obtaining something for next year that we will bring in in hopes of rectifying the sound issue. The other issue is that the accoustics in the arena are terrible once the cars are on the track but I am looking into some thing for this as well. So if any one has any suggestion please feel free to let me know. I was asked alot of the FM broadcast but have no idea of how to accomplish this so I will look into this as well. I finally had the opportunity to speak with the two people who own the MOTORAMA operation and we have something lined up to get the scoreboard incorporated next year. We hear the complaints and the suggestions and we are going to make sure that your experience will be a good one.

Thanks,
Jasen
A Scoreboard would be awesome i think that a few pa speakers would be better than the huge club speakers it would be only high freq. not the bass that interupts and muffles the sound
Old 02-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default Results

I will have the results posted on Tuesday. It has been a long week (6 hours of sleep since Wed.) and I just got back to work so I'll pull the results off of the computer and post when I get to work Tomorrow.

Thanks,
Jasen
Old 02-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Wink

Originally Posted by Chuck The Truck
Monster Truck A Main - 5 Minutes??? What A Joke! They Should Refund Those Drivers Their Money Back After The Race!!!
No not a Joke and oversight. At 1 AM everything looks right. LOL! They got 25 minutes for the A and 15 for the B.

Last edited by Jwyche; 02-22-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Jasen, the FM broadcast is the only real way to make things better. Homer used it at his track and it worked great. Heck even the spectators could tune in and listen! The only other thing would be to have 2 PA speakers at low volume on the stand for the drivers.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Greg is right in terms of the track build. Actually the guy that builds the track is an expert track builder. Only problem is that the dirt that is provided is a speacial type of dirt that the facility provides and cannot have anything added to it other than water. Not to mention that the track was built the day before from a level ground. If you were to walk on the tracks jumps you would feel how soft they actuall were from the watering. There was no real way to dry the base of the jumps to seal them in. All of the flat surfaces are actually the dirt floor of the areana which was hard as a rock when i got there on Thursday morning. They did a great job for what they had to deal with. Unfortunately this is the only dirth that we can use unlike the electric side that was able to use clay.

As for the arena sound system, our hands are tied. This is provided by the building and we have no control other than the on off switch on the microphone. I am going to work on obtaining something for next year that we will bring in in hopes of rectifying the sound issue. The other issue is that the accoustics in the arena are terrible once the cars are on the track but I am looking into some thing for this as well. So if any one has any suggestion please feel free to let me know. I was asked alot of the FM broadcast but have no idea of how to accomplish this so I will look into this as well. I finally had the opportunity to speak with the two people who own the MOTORAMA operation and we have something lined up to get the scoreboard incorporated next year. We hear the complaints and the suggestions and we are going to make sure that your experience will be a good one.

Thanks,
Jasen
That is a great idea. I dont think all feedback is negative, at least not mine

I think that a radio broadcast would be a great idea for the pits to keep up on whats going on. I like that idea. I am not sure what equipment is needed for that either though.

I think a good way to inform the drivers of what's going on during the race is to have a set of speakers placed behind them on the driver's stand. This would help the racers know better when their practice starts/stops, when the race starts, when they are finished, time remaining, position, etc.

A scoreboard would be awesome, simply put.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

First, I want to say thank you to everyone who had any influence with the event. I had a great time. A few notes...
As for the surface, personally speaking, this is one of the reasons I LOVE! coming to this event. No matter how you cut it, THIS IS TRUE OFFROAD! You all did an excellent job ( IMO ) with what you had.

Regarding the scoreboard. If that is not an option in coming years... I also ventured a few times to the electric side of things and noticed among other things, that they had an overhead projector shining on one of the walls. This would show what race was running or up next. You might talk to Luke or someone on that end and see how they accomplished that.

On a few personal notes.
I'd like to publicly thank Jesse Bright and also Jay Zellner. Granted, I did shake their hands and thank them in person, but want everyone to know how much these two helped me out this weekend.
I came to the event with a brand new truggy. I didn't have time to paint the body and was sitting looking at it, debating if I would just slap some stickers on a clear body, or perform a whiteout spraybomb. At this, Jesse stepped up and offered to trade me his painted body for my clear one. Pure class. Thank you again

Fri, I was having Tx problems. After trouble shooting for a while, I determined that my Tx had pooped. I packed up. Now, I was going to stay the whole w/end anyway, but figured if I'm not gonna run I may as well get things packed early. Jay got wind of my problems and offered to let me use his backup Tx.
Before this w/end, while I've heard their names mentioned here and there, I don't believe I've ever met them. Their acts towards me are above and beyond. Thanks again fellas, for your truly gracious acts.

PS- Thank you Esteban for hooking me up with Jay
Old 02-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
First, I want to say thank you to everyone who had any influence with the event. I had a great time. A few notes...
As for the surface, personally speaking, this is one of the reasons I LOVE! coming to this event. No matter how you cut it, THIS IS TRUE OFFROAD! You all did an excellent job ( IMO ) with what you had.

Regarding the scoreboard. If that is not an option in coming years... I also ventured a few times to the electric side of things and noticed among other things, that they had an overhead projector shining on one of the walls. This would show what race was running or up next. You might talk to Luke or someone on that end and see how they accomplished that.

On a few personal notes.
I'd like to publicly thank Jesse Bright and also Jay Zellner. Granted, I did shake their hands and thank them in person, but want everyone to know how much these two helped me out this weekend.
I came to the event with a brand new truggy. I didn't have time to paint the body and was sitting looking at it, debating if I would just slap some stickers on a clear body, or perform a whiteout spraybomb. At this, Jesse stepped up and offered to trade me his painted body for my clear one. Pure class. Thank you again

Fri, I was having Tx problems. After trouble shooting for a while, I determined that my Tx had pooped. I packed up. Now, I was going to stay the whole w/end anyway, but figured if I'm not gonna run I may as well get things packed early. Jay got wind of my problems and offered to let me use his backup Tx.
Before this w/end, while I've heard their names mentioned here and there, I don't believe I've ever met them. Their acts towards me are above and beyond. Thanks again fellas, for your truly gracious acts.

PS- Thank you Esteban for hooking me up with Jay
No problem rob that's wat we do.ill see u @lesters
Ttyl
Old 02-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Prophet

The internet in the main arena for the Live RC was not consistant. The wireless was not strong enough and we made several calls to the facillity all weekend to have the Etherenet cable enabled but we were unsuccessful. We had the cable but it did not have a signal. Trust me no one was more frustraded than me.

Jasen

yea i was wondering what was the deal ,on rclive.com not showing motorama i knew something wasnt right when, no practice or anything showing up . i was mad too.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
We thought about that but the Dust content in the arena i real bad so we need to investigate or create some type of enclosure to protect the projector and not blow the bulb. But think that we have an idea worked out that we may borrow from a local track in the DC area. Next year will be totally different.

Jasen
Old 02-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Jasen
one call to comcast could of had cable dropped and a box delivered the whole place is wired and wifi
Old 02-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Jasen, Great job to all of you guys. You aways call great races
Old 02-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

i have video of about 80% of the B-main before my battery died.....will post asap
Old 02-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by thhrc
one call to comcast could of had cable dropped and a box delivered the whole place is wired and wifi
Understood about the placed being wired (we had one in the trailor plugged into the computer but it had no signal being sent) but we made the call (2 days in a row) and no one ever showed up. Wireless where we were was hit and miss. On one side of the arena was no signal at all. Walked to the other side and a slight signal then drop. At that point I was more concered about making the races run as smooth as possible with 468 entries and worry about the internet at another time. Next year will definaltely be another story!

Jasen
Old 02-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tony montana
Jasen, Great job to all of you guys. You aways call great races
Thanks, could not have done it without ALL of the great racers that traveled from all over the country and Canada. Thanks goes out to everyone for attending.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.