Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Bullet Town Mayhem$$ /RC Pro NCCS May 23rd! >

Bullet Town Mayhem$$ /RC Pro NCCS May 23rd!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bullet Town Mayhem$$ /RC Pro NCCS May 23rd!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Bullet Town Mayhem$$ /RC Pro NCCS May 23rd!

Alright guys and gals, time to start ramping up for the Bullet Town Mayhem cash race on May 23rd!! We had 78 entries this past weekend, and had to finish by dark. For the Mayhem race, we will have Lights for Friday night practice and Saturday night racing. We will run three rounds of qualifying for this race. Practice Friday night from 5pm til 9pm for $5. We have also purchased a FM transmitter to broadcast race information, so bring a radio for your pit area and you can stay tuned in to the Bullet Town Radio Network!! Our new stand can hold 12 racers for some serious racing in the mains!! Again, if you do not want to run for the $$, you can pay normal entry fees and still run! Get signed up on RC Sign up and I will get you entered into the computer!! We are going to try to make a few track changes before this event to keep it fair for all involved!!
Any questions just let me know!!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

No more worries of not being able to hear what is going on at the track if you are parked a ways off. Our new FM transmitter arrived today, so next race, be sure to bring a FM radio to set in your pit area and you can tune in to THE BULLET TOWN RADIO NETWORK to keep track of the days events!! Just to test it today, I plugged my sons I-pod into the transmitter, got in my truck, tuned in to the selected station, and drove 1 mile away from my house, and I still had the I-pod music as clear as a bell!! So no matter how far you park, you shouldn't have any trouble tuning in!! Just another small thing to help you guys have the best experience possible.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Signup list is growing.....get your name in the mix and come race with us...Don't forget Friday night Practice as well!!!
If you don't want to race for the cash payout, you can pay normal race fees and still race, just won't have a chance at the payout!!
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...ent.cfm?ID=815
Its getting closer!!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Attn all bullet town racers: As some of you that use our house transponders know, many of them started to fail as the day progressed due to the batteries dying. We have sent them off to have the repaired and they are now back in our hands. This was no cheap fix, but we knew that it had to be done. In order to help with the repairs, we have decided to go the route of many other tracks and charge a small rental fee if you will be using the house transponders. If you need a house transponder, we will ask for a $3 daily rental fee that will go towards helping cover the repair and upkeep. We sent 10 and had them repaired, once we recoup some of that expense, we will ship off some more to have them repaired, but at this point we will only have 10 house transponders to use, but the batteries should now last all day without any problem. We hope you understand the delima and the need for rental fees. Hope to see everyone this weekend!!
David
Old 05-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Pro-Line is now on board as an event sponsor and is sending some swag our way!! You don't want to miss this event under the lights!! And remember to bring your FM radio to hear the race broadcast on The Bullet Town Radio Network!! 9 days left, to get your early sign up in www.rcsignup.com
Old 05-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Just a note, we will have concessions at the Mayhem race. Bullet Burgers, Dirt Dogs, Cold drinks, all will be on hand and ready to fill your tank!!!
Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Tennessee Tractor made another visit to the Bullet Town track last night with the Skid Steer for a little dirt work....just a small change to keep it interesting
Old 05-22-2009, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Online sign ups are about to close within the hour, we will have sign ups open track side until 11:30am Saturday morning!!
Old 05-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Well, it is now 11pm Sunday night and I finally get to sit down and reflect on the past few days. Been at the docs office with my little girl all day.
I want to start off by thanking all our club members who jumped in and helped Marshall, helped pit, worked on the track, and anything else that had to be done. YOU are appreciated!!!
I also want to thank all the racers who traveled to Bullet Town RC for the Mayhem event. Even with the threat of rain, you still came, and I can only hope that you were rewarded with a great racing experience. I mean that from the bottom of my heart and hope to see all of you again soon! I know we lost several entries because of the threat, but we still ended up with 87 racers. You guys were impressive with the lap times you were laying down! THanks to everyone for taking care of turn marshal duties so we could keep the show going!
Next large event we have, we will try to start a little earlier to allow everyone to get home at a decent hour. I think we finished right around 1am, I orayed all week for a good weekend, and God blessed us with just enough moisture to make the track close to perfect! I thank God and give him all the credit for allowing us to finish!!! We will also look at upgrading our pa system, we thought we had it taken care of with the fm transmitter, but it died halfway through the day. We will work on that! Hopefully we will also soon have our permanent power and lights!!
Don't forget to check out http://www.smothersphotography.com/
he took some great shots of the racing action!!!!!
I also want to send out a special thanks to Mike Gustafson and John Holmes for pitting me in buggy class all day. I have really been missing running buggy, I love my slash, but buggy make me feel good If it weren't for those guys, I would just be sittin on the sidelines watching the big show!!

Thanks!
David