Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BLUE DIAMOND RC TRACK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I know I want to put the work in to help make a positive change and I know there are other people who will work hard. The only problem is we only need a few more to pitch in. To me its a different feel when I go to the track knowing I did what i could to help the hobby I love.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:36 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I hope he doesn't consider shutting it down!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JUD
I hope he doesn't consider shutting it down!
i hope not to..... it would be a waist for all those who put allot of time into it.. it can be a very good track with a little more work.. when i come back this spring thats where ima be if its open
Old 01-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

i've help don build several differant layouts for the past few years, i work just 5 minutes away from the track. i am more than willing to help again, it's never a problem. i will help build/rebuild or even move it, all i need is equipment. i will even help maintain it, the only thing i cant do is "run the program". i run in several differant series, if it wasnt for that, i'd be willing to learn that too, but i cant commit to it on a weekly/bi-weeky thing. please guys, lets not let blue diamond slip away from us. maybe even running once or twice a month could be benifical to all parties involved. bill
Old 01-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bill you have a pm..
Old 01-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Prophet

well, you guys are welcome to come to hobby hut this spring if it doesnt work out it is offroad the surface doest have to be baby smooth.

but, i do think what world help you get turnouts during club races is have a point series and at the end have a prize just a idea dont flame me lol.

or promote it more.

i, used to have a local offroad track and we never had a point series and i think that might of hurt the track.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

A point series never hurts. It actually gives racers more incentive to race on a consistent basis. Racing for fun is cool, but over a long term time frame, it's easier to lay off due to the fact that some feel they're paying registration to race, and nothing to show for it. A nice close, competitive points series (sprint series) gives incentive. It would be cool to see BD run scales (8th and 10th)...As far as 10th, I don't think Don wants to conflict with Tory's MB offroad program which runs on Saturdays. His onroad program runs on Sundays, and that's the best onroad program south of Jackson. His onroad guys are consistent...The only other alternative would be to run both on and offroad on Sundays. I don't see that happening, but who knows. ...It's all up to what Don feels.

Last edited by DJ919; 01-20-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

SATURDAY racing at BLUE DIAMOND atleast ever other week opposite of Hobby Hut Sunday schedule or Trax 70 Sunday Schedule makes perfect sense.Best 4 out of 5 races for a series.Two series per year,spring/fall.Throw in two night races for trophies,nice trophies with dates on them.Must have a definate schedule posted for all dates through the spring series minimal.This is key,no wondering if there is racing,what time ect.,ect.
or
Blue Diamond and Trax 70 and Hobby Hut can each run one race per month as a points series race not conflicting and run two tophy races each season opener and one mid season non conflicting.That should insure some big turnouts for all three once a month.Mabey combine the series from all thre tracks or mabey keep them seperate?
and
Then you have LCRC running once per month on a non conflicting Sunday
XRC running Saturdays with some night racing non conflicting and

You have a dream season with all racers and track owner fat and happy.

don't forget Saturdays at Family Hobbies,an Occasional Nuclear RC,and a trip to the infamous Tilt Yard for an all out weekend!Oh yea and go up ther to that NY track and shake them boys up once! Well I can dream
Old 01-21-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

I've been away from the off road program at BD for the past two years. When we did have a points series, the competition was ferocious! We consistently had 35 to 40 racers every Saturday. In fact during that time I raced on and off road at BD. A points series would work.

As for the off road program, it can be brought back to full power like it once was. Turn out and people talking much crap about BD hurt the place. I would love to see BD off road come back STRONG like 08 & 09'!!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by CHOAS
SATURDAY racing at BLUE DIAMOND atleast ever other week opposite of Hobby Hut Sunday schedule or Trax 70 Sunday Schedule makes perfect sense.Best 4 out of 5 races for a series.Two series per year,spring/fall.Throw in two night races for trophies,nice trophies with dates on them.Must have a definate schedule posted for all dates through the spring series minimal.This is key,no wondering if there is racing,what time ect.,ect.
or
Blue Diamond and Trax 70 and Hobby Hut can each run one race per month as a points series race not conflicting and run two tophy races each season opener and one mid season non conflicting.That should insure some big turnouts for all three once a month.Mabey combine the series from all thre tracks or mabey keep them seperate?
and
Then you have LCRC running once per month on a non conflicting Sunday
XRC running Saturdays with some night racing non conflicting and

You have a dream season with all racers and track owner fat and happy.

don't forget Saturdays at Family Hobbies,an Occasional Nuclear RC,and a trip to the infamous Tilt Yard for an all out weekend!Oh yea and go up ther to that NY track and shake them boys up once! Well I can dream

i, think the first opinion that you gave about having blue diamond run every other saturday could work the best im not sure about the 2 idea you gave because i think "hobby hut" and "trax 70" because im sure both of them want to have the best turnouts even for non point series races.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Bump for a great place to race!
Old 01-24-2011, 04:41 PM
cdo
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Hell ya great place to race.I would be there every weekend they race so lets get up and running again.I think the problem was that don was probaly tired of all the bitching about the track.So its allmost a no win they bitch when we have a track and they will bitch when we dont have it anymore.The last race there was a blast.Lapper ran it and told us he had realy no clue how to do it but it worked out great.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:21 AM
Tech Master

Lightbulb Blue Diamond

I hear that we all should be happy that anyone including Don is willing to put together a track for everyone to race.We all should be thankful that clubs or shops try to put a track together to race. The more complaining that happens than all the tracks will close and we won't have anywhere to run
Old 01-25-2011, 07:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

I'm not speaking on anyones' behalf here but this is my point of view. Two years ago things were going strong at BD. Points series, RC Pro, ROAR Regional, few other events thrown in there and MT was still going strong. People didn't really take the points seriously so that fell off. Then last year MT fell off, just became not so popular. This year was different. No points, and no MT. Not only did the economy keep a lot of racers at home but the ones that were involved seemed to be more interested in going to "BIG" events. Even the local racers weren't showing up to regular club races. THEN, when we did have larger events with a packed house, there was nothing but complaints. From layout to start time due to track prep (you could've offered a hand), including but not limited to rim color on handout wheels. I've been to other facilities, not many but a few. NONE OF THOSE HAD WHAT BD HAS. Ample parking for cars AND trailors, electric for the pits, (clean) running water for track and pit use, plenty of room on the stand, WELL manicured track, A/C in the restroom, the list could go on. And even with all the amentities at this place people still found something to complain about. Piss poor attitudes and turnouts is what is killing BD and the only people to blame are yourselves. YOU MAKE IT WHAT IT IS!!!! The track is there, the racers create the politics behind the scenes. Put yourself in Don's shoes for a minute. You spend a few years getting this place to where it is. You finally have everything in place that people have been asking for or was plain needed over the years. This year you spend a few weeks building a new layout with the help of one other (me). You invest blood sweat and tears and not to mention money. Then you open the place and a few guys show up. Then the next week even a few less show up. This goes on for a few weeks, your losing money and time that you can't get back. A larger event gets held and finally the guys show up and their attitude is "This is whack". I assure you this is enough to want to make someone throw their hands in the air. I got tired of the low turnouts and crap attitudes myself and went on road where people are just happy to be there racing. For all the crybaby sissies that like to whine about everything under the sun...STFU AND RACE!!! For all the people who come to help out and race with a positive attitude...we salute you. I for one am prepared to do whatever I can with what little time I have to make BD's off road program the best it can be but ultimately it's up to the racers to create the atmosphere.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbieguyz
I hear that we all should be happy that anyone including Don is willing to put together a track for everyone to race.We all should be thankful that clubs or shops try to put a track together to race. The more complaining that happens than all the tracks will close and we won't have anywhere to run
I also wanted to point out that racers will exist without a track... we'll do it in a parking lot or construction site if we have to.
But a track can't exist without the racers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.