Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)
Default mushroom bowl

do they have the new layout done or are they still at it
thanks
Old 04-02-2011, 01:31 PM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There working on it now Should be a nice one!!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Thumbs up

The off road track has alot of potential for spring 2014...

Great location...
Old 03-29-2014, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I know this is a dead thread and if blue diamond ever comes back to an off-Road program I would love to hear about it!
I was a racer that left 1/8 around 2010. A Variety of personal reasons were a large contributor, but as someone who began racing 1:8, in 2005. back, when it was all travel I was getting fed up personally! Back in the beginnings there weren't sponsored drivers at club level events, changing out tires per qualifier, or a brand new set for a main! As a self supported driver I couldn't afford to compete at that level! At $80 a set that gets pricey quickly, couple that with Nitro expenses, and you can easily see the switch to 1/10 for many racers, it wasn't necessarily the economy it was the cost to compete raising! More kits more tires and more expensive motors were available (circa 2008 to current). Everyone was running modded versions of engines that started in upwards of 250! Without a great great level of driving skill what you needed to compete became more expensive! That is partially at the very least responsible for the track closures we are seeing! At the time I type the Xtreme Rc is drying up with no plans to run this summer, BD might see a comeback? Hobby town is no more! And Nuclear RC has been "nuked"
Bottom line if I ran a track I always bitched about something on the ride home, why because I didn't build it ,-)! But while I was at the track I was there to enjoy it, my car, and my friends!! Every track I've ever been to everyone complains! You have to take thier criticism constructively improve/change what your willing to. And accept thier complaints on what you can't change/ or don't want to!
Old 03-30-2014, 06:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rregl0612
I know this is a dead thread and if blue diamond ever comes back to an off-Road program I would love to hear about it!
I was a racer that left 1/8 around 2010. A Variety of personal reasons were a large contributor, but as someone who began racing 1:8, in 2005. back, when it was all travel I was getting fed up personally! Back in the beginnings there weren't sponsored drivers at club level events, changing out tires per qualifier, or a brand new set for a main! As a self supported driver I couldn't afford to compete at that level! At $80 a set that gets pricey quickly, couple that with Nitro expenses, and you can easily see the switch to 1/10 for many racers, it wasn't necessarily the economy it was the cost to compete raising! More kits more tires and more expensive motors were available (circa 2008 to current). Everyone was running modded versions of engines that started in upwards of 250! Without a great great level of driving skill what you needed to compete became more expensive! That is partially at the very least responsible for the track closures we are seeing! At the time I type the Xtreme Rc is drying up with no plans to run this summer, BD might see a comeback? Hobby town is no more! And Nuclear RC has been "nuked"
Bottom line if I ran a track I always bitched about something on the ride home, why because I didn't build it ,-)! But while I was at the track I was there to enjoy it, my car, and my friends!! Every track I've ever been to everyone complains! You have to take thier criticism constructively improve/change what your willing to. And accept thier complaints on what you can't change/ or don't want to!
They are back here is the new forum http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...-racing-9.html
Old 03-31-2014, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

ya buddy ..........dug this up
Old 12-21-2014, 08:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know when the offroad track will be finished. Also the next event being held and if it costs anything to show up and practice on the track at all.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by corey26x
Does anyone know when the offroad track will be finished. Also the next event being held and if it costs anything to show up and practice on the track at all.
We are looking to get the offroad track layout put in place soon and then let it freeze over. In march we will put the finishing touches on it, groom it, etc. First race of 2015 will be in March. Practice available throughout the week once we start racing in March. Schedule and more info will be up when i make a 2015 season thread.

Thanks for the interest!
Old 12-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Matt we need talk about opener dates dont want to be on top of eachother i am thinking of doing a warm up race at the end of
March
Old 12-21-2014, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mar34r
Matt we need talk about opener dates dont want to be on top of eachother i am thinking of doing a warm up race at the end of
March
Sounds good Mike, i will contact ya
Old 12-21-2014, 08:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mklemp92
We are looking to get the offroad track layout put in place soon and then let it freeze over. In march we will put the finishing touches on it, groom it, etc. First race of 2015 will be in March. Practice available throughout the week once we start racing in March. Schedule and more info will be up when i make a 2015 season thread.

Thanks for the interest!