Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
ROAR Offroad Electric Nats @ Hot Rod Hobbies! >

ROAR Offroad Electric Nats @ Hot Rod Hobbies!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Offroad Electric Nats @ Hot Rod Hobbies!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

C-mon Steve for a baller like yourself that shouldn't be an issue

C-ya next week--Rich
Old 08-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Steve, there isn't much practice time anyway. You'll spent more time on the road than on the track. Your best bet is to race a club race to get some idea what you need to do to your cars. A wet track is better than no track time.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

It is that Nats. Controlled practice is just that. I agree is sucks. I like to get a warm up run in the mornings but it is what it is.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thats just it, I dont get to "warm up" at all. I'm not there on Thursday. Try to make it fair so that everyone has equal track time during controlled practice......fine. But thats not fair for the people that dont get to be there1 or 2 days early to get 3 runs in minimum. Give me 7 minutes on Friday morning and I'll be happy. Easy enough to do.

If you ran on Thursday at all, you dont get track time on Friday morning. Give the people that show up on Friday morning and pay $80 per class to race one practice run so that they can at least get a feel for the layout.

In fact.........I'm looking at the sign up sheet that was mailed to me.....it says:

6am-8am, open practice. Controlled practice on Friday. And I know they changed the open practice to controlled on Wednesday too. And thats fine.

But I also find that nowhere.......anywhere in this thread of "updates" does it say that there is no practice on Friday morning, Saturday morning or Sunday morning. The entry form shows all. So unless there is a different entry form?

Dont get me wrong, I'm still coming It would just be nice to get some laps in before the start of the racing. After all, it is the Nationals.

So see you all there Friday morning early!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ringleader
C-mon Steve for a baller like yourself that shouldn't be an issue

C-ya next week--Rich

One pack on the track is better than none!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

It's the nationals. A whole different beast than any other race. My bad on the flyers. I'm learning a lot as I go never hosting a ROAR national before. I jumped the gun a little on the flyer. At the 1/8 buggy nats each driver only got three practice runs total with no practice Fri, Sat or Sun morning. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Tech Prophet

Talk to ROAR. They set up the rules!

I agree it is not something we are used to. The good news is there the most people will get on a dry is 6 packs. Not like Shootout where guys were getting 20-40 runs in!

There is no way to make it fair for all.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Tech Prophet

There will be a drivers social event for this years Nationals on Thurs 8/14 from 7pm to 10pm at MB2 Raceway. Free go kart racing to all racers who have paid for entries into the 2008 ROAR off road nationals.

Check out www.hotrodhobbies.com for directions.

This event is brought to you by www.upgrade-rc.com the world's finest R/C graphics and Hot Rod Hobbies, the host of this years ROAR electric off road nationals.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

It's not ROAR's fault. ROAR just wants everything to be fair so I came up with this method. It favors some and hurts some just like all decisions do. It's the nationals. Stricter rules and stricter schedules. Once again.....I apologize for any inconvenience......just trying to do the best we can.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:20 AM
Tech Prophet

I agree. There is no way to make it fair to all. Severly limiting practice for those that can make it does level the field more then uncontrolled practice for those that can make it out 4 days before the event.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper
Talk to ROAR. They set up the rules!

I agree it is not something we are used to. The good news is there the most people will get on a dry is 6 packs. Not like Shootout where guys were getting 20-40 runs in!

There is no way to make it fair for all.
How is that good news? They get 6 runs in, thats 6 more than I get. Thats not good news.

There is a way to make it fair.......let the people that didnt get to practice at all on Wed. or Thurs run one 7 min "heat". At the very least, they can get a feel for the layout. Track opens at 6am, racing starts at 9am. Do it at 7am. I cant see more than 10 guys needing to run. You miss that run, your loss. Simple.

That flyer was from May....so no one in over 3 months noticed that the practice schedule was wrong, even after changing the Wed practice to controlled (Thurs. was already listed as controlled)? WOW. Way to go. If I had known that there was no pratice Friday morning, I would have tried to take a half day off Thursday so that I could get at least one run in.

And I'm not mad at anyone in particular, especially you Jimmy. I'm not really mad at all, just not happy with the situation and that you guys are basically saying "live with it, thats how it is". Someone screwed up and someone should attempt to help "fix" it to make it "fair". I feel sorry for any sportsman drivers that show up and dont get to practice.

Sorry, I guess I'm venting over nothing really........
Old 08-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Dawn....I think what Pit Dad is trying to say as far as the whole entry limit thing is that he knows he will be fine with running 3 classes...but what if by the time he signs up for his next class, the 300 entry max. is already filled??? Or is that not an issue anymore?
Old 08-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Prophet

They still get 5 more runs PER class. The not fair part is those that get extra days off. It is what it is. The availability of the track is there. It is you choice not to get there on wed. There are more then a few of us that will not get wed and thurs off.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper
They still get 5 more runs PER class. The not fair part is those that get extra days off. It is what it is. The availability of the track is there. It is you choice not to get there on wed. There are more then a few of us that will not get wed and thurs off.
Having one run is still better than none.

No, I dont have a choice. I have to work. But if I had known 3 months ago that there wasnt practice on Friday morning, I would have tried harder to make it on Thursday.

The point that you obviously cant get through your head is that until now, it was not known that there was no practice Friday morning. I didnt go to the Nats last year, nor did I go to the Gas Nats. So how would I know thats how its unless it was posted somewhere. It was on a flyer that I have that there was practice on Friday. I had to hear it through the "grapevine" that there wasnt. I'm sure the people that got to go the track for club racing "heard" about it. But I'm two hours away, and my hearing isnt soo good at my age.

By the way, the current flyer for the Nats posted on the ROAR website still shows practice on Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning. Its not even the flyer that Jimmy sent out.

So, I'm done now.I guess whats upsetting me now is that there is no "effort" to fix a mistake that could potentially upset some people that show up on Friday that may have no idea that there is no practice available. "It is what it is". Nice

If you werent able to make it for practice on Thursday, have fun "winging it" in your first qualifier at the Nats......see you at the next JBRL race.

Last edited by nc-hopsing; 08-08-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AE 14year-old
Dawn....I think what Pit Dad is trying to say as far as the whole entry limit thing is that he knows he will be fine with running 3 classes...but what if by the time he signs up for his next class, the 300 entry max. is already filled??? Or is that not an issue anymore?
that's what i'm wondering too now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.