Search
Like Tree832Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by newracer
Do anybody think that the "Any manufacturers lightweight screws are now allowed" will carry over to the regionals next season?
The TCS 04 rules will be posted very soon, but the rumor is the the hardware rule will stay as is.

Make em' light baby!
Old 11-08-2003, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by psycho
Any word on whether we will be going back to this years regional motor rules at the regionals in 2004?
There was some talk of GT1/19T, GT2/24', GT3/silver can 540, F1/24'

(understand this was rumor only, and can not be validated until the new rules are posted)
Old 11-08-2003, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by RCInfinity
I only have one vcr. I'm in the digital age now. Maybe Arthur has two.
digital age?
awsome then hook it up to ur PC and rip it to DivX.
then post it for every1
ta
Old 11-08-2003, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by madjack
The TCS 04 rules will be posted very soon, but the rumor is the the hardware rule will stay as is.

Make em' light baby!
I hope so, I e-mailed Tamiya about it. I just bought a Ti screw kit for my F201.
Old 11-09-2003, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Lol guys...Neil just saw the videos of his mains. Talk about reliving it again...and again...and again... Still, big props to all of the racers, great stuff! My car is sitting untouched as well.
Does anyone have a copy available? We would love to see it. The Trackside crew is already talking about next year PM me if anyone has video from the nats.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 11-09-2003, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by newracer
I hope so, I e-mailed Tamiya about it. I just bought a Ti screw kit for my F201.
your safe
Old 11-10-2003, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Yes I am, here is their responce to my e-mail.

Any aftermarket screw can be used now in TCS racing. for GT3, GT2, GT1,
Mini, and F1.

Customer Service Dept.
Tamiya America, Inc.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

So, I guess that means that Rally and TL01 still require Tamiya screws?? That seems pretty tough to police. You'd think they would just open it up in all classes.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

This is not meant to spun an argument, but is only meant for discussion purposes. The winner's of last years Nat's deservingly won the races.

I have been racing TCS for some time now and all those years there have been issues with rules as far as being bent one way or the other.

Before I start. Just to make sure we are in the same page. This is from TA's site which was only in effect from last year's event:
Rule 14. Lightweight screws that are made of aluminum or Titanium that are made by other manufactures are not allowed.

I heared GT2 winner last Nats was using Non Tamiya Aluminum Blue Screws. (Please correct me if it is not true). Which was ruled legal by TA at the event, but was not clear to other drivers.

In my own opinion he was not Legal, because I don't think there was ever a formal announcement on this matter. Does my opinion matter, NO!
So how could you make that legal at the event??? it's there race so what goes goes! I just wish they are more clear of the changes.

Does it make a difference? of course, but I don't think he just won because of the Aluminum Blue Screws.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by izzyracer
Before I start. Just to make sure we are in the same page. This is from TA's site which was only in effect from last year's event:
Rule 14. Lightweight screws that are made of aluminum or Titanium that are made by other manufactures are not allowed.
I meant last season's rules.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

This is not meant to spun an argument, but is only meant for discussion purposes. The winner's of last years Nat's deservingly won the races.

I have been racing TCS for some time now and all those years there have been issues with rules as far as being bent one way or the other.

I heared GT2 winner last Nats was using Non Tamiya Aluminum Blue Screws. (Please correct me if it is not true). Which was ruled legal by TA at the event, but was not clear to other drivers.

In my own opinion he was not Legal, because I don't think there was ever a formal announcement on this matter. Does my opinion matter, NO!
So how could you make that legal at the event??? it's there race so what goes goes! I just wish they are more clear of the changes.

Does it make a difference? of course, but I don't think he just won because of the Aluminum Blue Screws.
There were rules specifically for the Nationals. There were rules effected for the TCS regionals and revised rules for the Nationals. The pages on the site look similar.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Mark. I knew there were different rules for the Nats, specifically due to the new motor rules. But was the Non-Tamiya Screws specified?
Sorry i could no longer find that page.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Izzy, are you going to be at the track this weekend for the next F1RL series race? If so, could you possible make like 3 more of those Reedy Race DVD's for me? I'm planning on bringing them to Jay-Pan and handing em out to whomever. I'll gladly compensate you for them, thanks!
Old 11-10-2003, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rtypec
Hey Izzy, are you going to be at the track this weekend for the next F1RL series race? If so, could you possible make like 3 more of those Reedy Race DVD's for me? I'm planning on bringing them to Jay-Pan and handing em out to whomever. I'll gladly compensate you for them, thanks!
Got it!
Old 11-10-2003, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Mark. I knew there were different rules for the Nats, specifically due to the new motor rules. But was the Non-Tamiya Screws specified?
Sorry i could no longer find that page.
The revised ruling on screws was there. I cant seem to find the page as well.

Perhaps Rod has a framed copy of it MUUUUHAHAHHAHAHAAHAA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.