Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Greater L.A. R/C Racing Club Has Some Good News!! >

Greater L.A. R/C Racing Club Has Some Good News!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Greater L.A. R/C Racing Club Has Some Good News!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default I

Originally Posted by mike jones
Before you jump down my a?#, what is your main point on the matter of novice racers being out class when they show up to a race and how you think the gap between novice and lets say sportsman racers could be reduced
It's funny Mike how standing on the sidelines for alot of years and exploring how the sport and more interstingly, how the scene works !!! is a very interesting way how motorsports work in general.

The big picture in Nascar, Indy, F-1 Etc... is money!!! and how much you can spend on Technology!!!!

Just like anything else, you know full well like an F-1 Driver, you can tell an average Joe every setup you have,and he/she will still try a different appoach, Then they will ask what is appropiate such as a question as shown below.

what tire shore your using, what type of shim you may have in the head of your engine !! what gears you are using, & what type of drugs your on, and the type medicines your mother is taking, however, your talent automatically takes over and you dominate a race as if nothing happend at all, and all was going well!!!

SOme people have it , and some people do not !!!

The best thing to do, is to start breaking it down a bit, and earn your staus via Novice, Intermetaiate, Expert, Pro !!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Tech Addict

Default what does this have to do with GLARC

Ok ....ok... just one question for you.....what does this have to do with the GLARC club.

Just curious
Old 08-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JABRONI
it's hard to figure out why people like Jeffrey Lin, and Chris Verano and others from the west cant make a National Name that is admired and looked up too for years to come!!!!!
Let me tell you why...As much as like racing and hanging out with people at the track there are a lot of reasons why Jeffrey and I can't run around and race everywhere. For myself I have a job that has to be taken care of, the responsibility of taking care of a daughter, and other family. For Jeffrey he has a lot of responsibility at work that has to be taken care of and he has to travel to Taiwan for weeks at a time.

Last edited by C Verano; 08-08-2008 at 05:55 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Chris is right. It takes a lot of traveling to make a national name for yourself. I travel as much as anybody in Region 12. There are very good local racers in every region that aren't well known around the country for exactly the same reasons. I am not saying that Region 12 doesnt have a very competetive group of racers, because it does. I will say there are plenty of other fast guys in different parts of the country. That is one of the things I like about traveling.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by C Verano
Mr. Strack are you coming out to race this weekend?
If my gear arrives back from Ohio today, I'll come out Sunday...
Old 08-08-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Strack ~Nice job winning the B to bump up to the big show!!!
What happened in the A
Old 08-08-2008, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

First off congrats to Garen....

Brian, what year was the photo taken???

Strack, Are you gonna be at GLARC for practice and race day????
Old 08-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

I'm guessing 1984 because I think I was 7 yrs old in that photo, I miss having hair .....lol...
Old 08-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike jones
I'm guessing 1984 because I think I was 7 yrs old in that photo, I miss having hair .....lol...

LOL..... I'm just waiting on the R-12 body and should be joining you and Strack for some 1/8th scale action this weekend.....
Old 08-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Francis M.
LOL..... I'm just waiting on the R-12 body and should be joining you and Strack for some 1/8th scale action this weekend.....
ol dam you got yourself a 1/8th scale now your about to have some fun. I'm not racing so if you need a body to run let me know its not a r12 because I haven't got mine yet but I have a central r11 and dome
Old 08-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JABRONI
The bottom line when an average Joe shows up for a race, is that you are out classed , you have no understanding how glow plugs influence how your engine works, You have no idea that shims in your engine allow different scenarios to work that may allow you to finish your heat, You have no idea that 20 + sets are required just to make sure that you are set up for the track conditions, and bye the way, you nedd to have a pit crew to take care of the situations that may occur during the race !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hard to get into the scene when you know you are going to get your ass!! Kicked !!!!

The difference in this sport, is meeting a person like Glen, Garen, Brad, Mike, Etc.... That will tell what the in's and out's are in the sport and,(If financially) you can make it, than you may have a chance to get on the podium!!!!

Other than that , bottom line is that Joe Novice has no chance , and leaves the sport because it is not fun to take 6th at every event he/she enters!!!
I am who you are talking about. I am new to the "scene" and I have a question for you: Why do you have to be good to be into the scene? Obviously at every track around the world there are guys who are just gifted at the sport, and some who will always be working on it, constantly practicing and working on getting better. Now sure I (Joe Novice) am going to suck at first. But didn't everybody with the exception of a small number of naturally talented drivers? Just because I'm fustrated with my own ability and I can't win just means I work harder LIKE EVERY ONE ELSE DID and I dice it out with the rest of the back markers, we're racing to right? As I continue to race I learn, and I get better and eventually get good and might win. And guess what? Off the track I am having fun hanging out with everyone in the pits while they help me and so on. Why are you so bitter about new people? BTW...Kimbrow, Strack and Jim Adkins were all in the A-Main at the GLC and ALL FROM CALI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger
(JOE NOVICE)
Old 08-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks guys.

All this talk about 2 day, 4 day, 10 minutes, 5 minutes, tire wear, etc..... Just schedule it for late September or early October (at least a week before the sedan nats), quit complaining, and let's have some fun!
Old 08-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=RogerHewson;4720361]I am who you are talking about. I am new to the "scene" and I have a question for you: Why do you have to be good to be into the scene? Obviously at every track around the world there are guys who are just gifted at the sport, and some who will always be working on it, constantly practicing and working on getting better. Now sure I (Joe Novice) am going to suck at first. But didn't everybody with the exception of a small number of naturally talented drivers? Just because I'm fustrated with my own ability and I can't win just means I work harder LIKE EVERY ONE ELSE DID and I dice it out with the rest of the back markers, we're racing to right? As I continue to race I learn, and I get better and eventually get good and might win. And guess what? Off the track I am having fun hanging out with everyone in the pits while they help me and so on. Why are you so bitter about new people? BTW...Kimbrow, Strack and Jim Adkins were all in the A-Main at the GLC and ALL FROM CALI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger your not (Joe novice) to me, your (Roger novice) you know what make that (Roger Expert) who in the hell is Joe.........just kidding ......nice statement, and with no mis spelled words ...nice

Last edited by mike jones; 08-08-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

What we will do for the race format:

Upon signup, drivers will specify what their skill level is Beginner/Novice,
Sportsman, Expert/Factory. For bigger events, we will include Masters
(45+ years old).

We will setup heats that way and seperate the mains according to skill level This should satisfy everybody.

G-Dub

Garen - Congrats on the birth of your second Son!!
Old 08-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

I was never aware that there was a problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.