Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Greater L.A. R/C Racing Club Has Some Good News!! >

Greater L.A. R/C Racing Club Has Some Good News!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Greater L.A. R/C Racing Club Has Some Good News!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Tire wear is better now, it has improved a lot.
There has only been one race since the last time I was there. Tire wear has been improving, but when I was there last it was still pretty high. If it is so much better then why was Ron asking about dragging the track again? I hope the tire wear has improved and continues to improve.

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 08-06-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

i goning to put my 2 cents in in terms of how many days of qualifing it doesn't really bother because like most people i have to work . but in terms of qualifing length i would be up for 5 min quals. time is a very big problem. if we have say 12 heats. i say this because that is what our club race had 4 weeks ago. i believe it could be more depending on sponsors. with 10 min quals. you have 10min qual plus the 3min between race or 13min per race i will add 1 more min because it takes that long to bring in the final cars on there own clock. plus one addition min for the pit change over. if it perfit . so you are taking 15 mins a round ad if you had 12 heats that is 180min per round. that is 3hours. 3round would take 9 hours without any mornihg practice. lets add 1 more hour for the lunch break. now your are at 10 hours in a perfit world. even starting at 8 you will end a 6 pm with 3 quals. and we all know there isn't a perfit world out there. i have calling races for this club for years you want 10 min quals you have no choice but to run 2 days of qual and only 2 a day. from my experiance on a good day on a major race in onroad with this club we could possibly have aws many as 20 heats. you must understand club bylaws say if there are 3 car they make a class with the 220 , the motor cycles , f1, 5th scale, 1/8th scale , sedans gas and electric and dont forget the 1/8th sedans that some manufactures are promoting now it could eassily turn to 20 heats legistics say 5min qual. we will get 3 maybe 4 quals that way with out an problem

Last edited by new3; 08-06-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

also in terms of dragging the track moser morry is stil not in stock i spoke them today they did say they have fianlly contacted the manufacturer ofv the material. they are suppose to have have some in a week to 10 days. we are staying on top of it so we will contact them accordingly to acquire some track grip.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
There has only been one race since the last time I was there. Tire wear has been improving, but when I was there last it was still pretty high. If it is so much better then why was Ron asking about dragging the track again? I hope the tire wear has improved and continues to improve.
I didnt say tire wear was non existent, I said it was better.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default old as? photo from back in the day

I had to share this old photo just got a email with this photo in it, I miss that old car
Attached Thumbnails Greater L.A. R/C Racing Club Has Some Good News!!-img.jpg  
Old 08-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike jones
I had to share this old photo just got a email with this photo in it, I miss that old car
You told stories about them days. Is that one of them helmets that was a little tight?
Old 08-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Good looking kid! The first Lewis Hamilton! I wonder what else got tighter..?
Old 08-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by iwk2much
Good looking kid! The first Lewis Hamilton! I wonder what else got tighter..?
Mr. Strack are you coming out to race this weekend?
Old 08-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

$1 blackjack and craps, and you can see Fire and Ice performing with special guest Babe Pier. Oh yeah, and some kid with a hot rod... I guess he is the original 'fastest guy in Vegas'.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

Talking oh yeah..

Originally Posted by mike jones
I will be talking to Glenn this weekend regarding the KO PROPO CHAMPIONSHIP RACE, not sure if it will be a two day race or a series between two tracks, date sometime around end of Sept. or middle of Oct.
Last year was great..been waiting for this BT! you put up a great series..very enjoyable ...get this rolling soon.Pump up Socal racing once more....ps..I promise I will not stick my elbow on your side anymore...my race startegy worked tho' hehehehe
Old 08-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Default Traction and Track

As evryone knows, with most lot type tracks of course are going to increase tire wear a bit, however, it is always compensated by what you are going to run and as everyone knows, if you are prepared for the worst, than you should be prepared for the best as well!!!

I find it amazing that in most cases, you should show everywhere and anywhere you race, (IF your Serious) with all kinds of tires and tire shore setups just in case.

I also understand that (average joe) has to learn the in's and out's of how the race scene works!!!!

We all know that Cars, Engines, Setup, Etc.... are all in the big picture how to perform in a perfect enironment, however, the best get the little things that put them on the podium that they rarely release in normal chat or any other forum!!!!!!!!!!

I remember going to races with at a minimum 20 sets of tires that before I ever thought of going to the race were already trued up, identified and ready to go in case situations changed !!!!

That was just the tire situation !!!! Not to mention how the ENGINE situation evolved into a $500.00 escape of (Ron Paris) Engines !!! (Dennis RIchey) Engines Etc... made it a
World of the best get the best, and the rest have to hope that they get lucky and win a heat race, or a quarterfinal race to get close to the top!!!

I could go on and on , on how the average Joe just cant make a living in this sport, without major sponsorship , and if we all think it make a big time showing like the X-Games in a different type of environment , than it is always going to stay in th REALM of Kids Dreams of having a robot that is funny, but, no-one takes serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default Excuse The Poor Penmanship!!!!

The bottom line when an average Joe shows up for a race, is that you are out classed , you have no understanding how glow plugs influence how your engine works, You have no idea that shims in your engine allow different scenarios to work that may allow you to finish your heat, You have no idea that 20 + sets are required just to make sure that you are set up for the track conditions, and bye the way, you nedd to have a pit crew to take care of the situations that may occur during the race !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hard to get into the scene when you know you are going to get your ass!! Kicked !!!!

The difference in this sport, is meeting a person like Glen, Garen, Brad, Mike, Etc.... That will tell what the in's and out's are in the sport and,(If financially) you can make it, than you may have a chance to get on the podium!!!!

Other than that , bottom line is that Joe Novice has no chance , and leaves the sport because it is not fun to take 6th at every event he/she enters!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by garen
$1 blackjack and craps, and you can see Fire and Ice performing with special guest Babe Pier. Oh yeah, and some kid with a hot rod... I guess he is the original 'fastest guy in Vegas'.
Hey Garen first off congrats on your new addition, hey did you see the $13.00 prime rib dinner with a show ....now a show in Vegas is around $90 to $130 and thats with no dinner
Old 08-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JABRONI
The bottom line when an average Joe shows up for a race, is that you are out classed , you have no understanding how glow plugs influence how your engine works, You have no idea that shims in your engine allow different scenarios to work that may allow you to finish your heat, You have no idea that 20 + sets are required just to make sure that you are set up for the track conditions, and bye the way, you nedd to have a pit crew to take care of the situations that may occur during the race !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hard to get into the scene when you know you are going to get your ass!! Kicked !!!!

The difference in this sport, is meeting a person like Glen, Garen, Brad, Mike, Etc.... That will tell what the in's and out's are in the sport and,(If financially) you can make it, than you may have a chance to get on the podium!!!!

Other than that , bottom line is that Joe Novice has no chance , and leaves the sport because it is not fun to take 6th at every event he/she enters!!!
Before you jump down my a?#, what is your main point on the matter of novice racers being out class when they show up to a race and how you think the gap between novice and lets say sportsman racers could be reduced
Old 08-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default Bye The Way !!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Brad B on making it into the B main Scenario at the Great Lakes Race which is one of the most prestigious races in the On Road Gas scenes in America!!

I'm a little disappointed in how limited the California Racers are in the National Scene !!!!!

Texas Biggie, Great Lakes Challenge, Florida Winter Nats Etc......

When you see Josh,Cyrul, Brian Berry, Scott Kimbrow (Upper Midwest), and all of the East Coast Guys that Kick ass , it's hard to figure out why people like Jeffrey Lin, and Chris Verano and others from the west cant make a National Name that is admired and looked up too for years to come!!!!!

I can think of at a minimum 10 racers that given the chance could kick ass on most of drivers in the world, however, half will never get the chance to make it all the way !!!!!

The ultimate goal in a very competitive individuals view, is to, win a world championship !!!!

Anyone other than myself think that could happen?????

Didnt think so !!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.